Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Saros posted:

Okay so Ace has decided to drop out of the game so right now I need a new volunteer to be House Duke of Mercury.

:commissar:

Upon hearing of this treason against the Empress I have taken... appropriate measures to ensure the survival of our great house and would like to nominate myself for Duke of Mercury, should our merciful Empress approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Upon hearing of this treason against the Empress I have taken... appropriate measures to ensure the survival of our great house and would like to nominate myself for Duke of Mercury, should our merciful Empress approve.

Great! Head over to the discord and I will get you set up with the appropriate role. I will also accept Ducal submissions via forums PM.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Greetings, brother, I look forward to renewed and restored cooperation between our houses.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

All Hail TheGreatEvilKing, who (despite the name) will surely be a less megalomanaical Duke to House Mercury!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Voting Closed! Audience 5 Decisions made!

Decision 1:
All house Saturn courtiers with 7+ corruption are fired! :rip: Gecotyl and Ikaros. :rip:
Decision 2: The Empress opines on her personal disapointment with the rebels.
Decision 3: The Ambassador to Corria is praised!
Decision 4: All officers with lower than 5 loyalty are purged with extreme prejudice! :commissar: :rip: VA Tevery Juno (1st); VA Phillip Juno (2nd)(NPC); Lei Juno (4th)(NPC); Admiral Tiger Janus (8th); Petr Janus (8th)(NPC) and a bunch of other unaligned officers :rip:

8th Fleet is left unaligned!

We are missing a set of court orders so that's delayed till the end of the round.

Audience 5 concludes!

House Mercury bids 13 Favor to dismiss Sparkletits Mars of 7th Fleet. Vice Admiral Slaan Mercury will become Admiral of 7th!
  • House Mars Spends 4 favor to Appoint Sparkletits Mars back to Vice Admiral of 7th.
  • Nobody else submits orders for this round! Presumably everyone is too busy plotting against the Empress!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Right then. Now that the 7th Fleet has a competent Admiral with the Correct Loyalty, it is time to finish this invasion on Hesperia since the 5th and previous Admiral couldn't get it done

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Slaan posted:

Right then. Now that the 7th Fleet has a competent Admiral with the Correct Loyalty, it is time to finish this invasion on Hesperia since the 5th and previous Admiral couldn't get it done

Such bold words from a house so recently traitorous. I'm sure you'll have a lengthy tenure with that attitude. :)

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

House Dukes can you get your court moves for this round in to me ASAP. If you have already submitted you are free to re-submit in light of the changes to the court.

After knocking out the two Saturnian pilferer's this is the shape of the court.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Well my command lasted as long as could be expected. I am sure my fleet will remember me fondly for not killing a single one of them. Do not fear for I go to a better place.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Court Moves

The amount of stabbing is kept to a minimum as courtiers jostle for position. Perhaps the recent shakeups have calmed them down somewhat.

Turn 51

Offras Orbital is seized by 2nd Fleet as they continue their grinding campaign against the Narwog.

In the south Admirals Incy and Sparkletits agree to share in the glory for Mars as 5th and 7th Fleets set out for the city world of Hesperia and its primary agricultural supplier the Agri-world of Iaon.

Turn 52

Research trickles down from the Empress's personal cloning facility.

6th Fleet Celebrates as they take the Corrian world of Chraegmos. +2 Favor for House Saturn, +1 Favor for House Mars.

We face the usual harassment all across the frontier.

In the south the 5th and 7th Fleets strike!

Iaon falls first to 7th Fleet. A lot of ships are damaged by the defenses and the Vix fleet but they will be back eventually.

[Screenshot MIA!]

The city-world of Hesperia does likewise, the defenders under-performing as 5th sweeps them aside without even losing a single capital ship.

The Empress's enjoyment is cut short as reports of another Hive incursion come in from the northern frontier. In a wrathful mood she orders the 9th Fleet on a punitive mission to Hive space. 9th loads its transports with nuclear and chemical weapons before setting out.

Turn 53

The Hive ships at the border world of Binar actually depart to attack the Empire before 9th arrives leading to an easy victory.

As the world is a high quality earthlike planet nuclear weapons are judged overkill and the Empire settles for massive chemical weapon dispersal to eradicate the Hive inhabitants. Nearly a billion Hive units are killed as a monthlong bombardment of the planetary surface is carried out.

Turn 54

The Antarians probe the border again but 1st Fleet is well prepared.

Invasions in the south and North continue.

Offras falls to our forces! +2 Favor for House Janus!

The Empire grows.

Turn 55

The Vix Agri-world of Iaon falls to 7th Fleet. +2 Favor to House Mars, +1 for House Juno

8th Fleet, still under command of Tiger Janus (he is yet to be dismissed) arrives at the Narwog frontier and starts its attack.

Turn 56

8th easily takes control of Yumi orbitals and begins dropping stormtroopers.

Turn 57

Sigh.

9th finishes its eradication of the Hive on Binar.

In momentous news the city-world of Hesperia falls to the Empire after years of siege. The Empress is pleased! Bonus favor allocated! House Mars receives +4 Favor, House Juno receives 2.

Turn 58

Little of note happens other than some small skirmishes.

Turn 59

5th and 7th combine forces one last time to easily take Arion south of Hesperia. However as they do a Vix force jumps past them and crushes the garrison ships left behind at Hesperia! 5th turns back to secure the planet again and will easily manage to do so next turn.

Turn 60

Pirates attacck everywhere along the border, luckily it looks like everywhere will hold except one newly colonised world in the north.

Yumi falls to 8th fleet. +2 Favor for House Janus!

6th Fleet attacks the world of Trounia, adjacent to the Corrian capital.

The battle is an Imperial victory but 6th is down to nearly half strength until its ships can be repaired.

In the north Ussloth comes under attack by 2nd and Saee defense is overwhelmed by a pirate attack. 9th Fleet sets out on a blind jump to save Saee from Pirate conquest.

Old hands at this by now 2nd Fleet crushes the narwog defenders with minimal casualties.

Turn 61

The Pirates are steadily taking Saee in the north but elsewhere the invasions progress well.

Turn 62

New technology arrives!

We rework our squadron compositions (yellow numbers) for a mix of Banshee and Falcon Frigates.

Arion, the last neighbour of Hesperia falls to 7th Fleet. +2 Favor for House mars

The Empire's colonisation push has reached far to the west and now borders the Parasite homeworld of Paradise.

Paradise itself is scouted and the vast planetary defenses (600 installations) are well beyond the capabilities of a single fleet to overwhelm. Perhaps two could manage it but it would be costly.

9th arrives to relieve Saee and sweeps the pirates from the skies.

Overall quite a good round for the empire. We steadily expanded through colonisation and conquest and managed to avoid depleting our fleets too much.

Mineral production continues to increase and with it our supply of ships.

The Rebellion gathers forces but the slower rate of increase means its possible it will not happen in the next Audience period (12 turns).

Next up, the Audience!

Saros fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 28, 2021

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Duke Kerath of Mars

A triumph! A triumph for our conquering heroes, who have given the Empress the prize she so dearly craved! I am happy that the politicking of the court was not able to forestall such a victory, for that would have been a true shame indeed. I am certain the newly promoted Admiral Slaan will be able to defend what we have won.

Is this the first court where we haven't had any purges? What a world.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Vix have learned their lesson. Time to consolidate our new holdings and prepare to dispatch the parasite world and pirates I believe.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Transcript of a voice recording downloaded from a data crystal delivered to Habituallyred Juno's palace by unknown parties

Test, test. Dearest uncle!

What the gently caress?

You lose the Department for two weeks and there's suddenly a conga line of angry lawmen trying to arrest me for things I have never done and which were not serious, anyway. Besides, everyone sells surplus, is this really such a problem? If it was, you'd think they'd do something about it when the press gets its righteous anger on every other month. But I digress.

I stalled them for a while as they got into a fight over who had the best claim to arrest me. The Imperial Revenue Service guy started punching out the Navy Internal Bureau lady, which was amusing, but, unfortunately, didn't go on long enough for me to get out of the sector. Protocol Compliance guys got impatient and lased the rest of the crowd. Poor serfs.

Anyhow, I am now on some kind of VIP prison barge headed for a prison planet somewhere in Chetai because of crude machinations and a petty vendetta by House Mercury, and it's all your fault. Even worse, cousin Jossar now has to command that fleet all on his own. I bet you have an angry letter from him to look forward to as well.

The alarm whine of a ship going on red alert can be heard in the background.

But you can let Mercury and that rear end in a top hat editor at Naval Times know that I'll be back, and sooner than they think, because no-one can keep a good man down, and I'm the best there is, and also I've stashed a lot of money on the side. drat, that was a nice line. Should have saved it for my memoirs...

An explosion can be heard in the background, followed by unintelligible voices, probably wearing space suits.

Impeccable timing. Now let's get out of here, I've got some thoughts on fighter tactics and they didn't give me so much as a typerwriter...

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Well the men should be even happier now they have had a chance to die in glorious combat. ( though I am not sure why I am still alive). Hopefully the Duke can continue to rally for the glorious house of Janus.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Tiger Crazy posted:

Well the men should be even happier now they have had a chance to die in glorious combat. ( though I am not sure why I am still alive). Hopefully the Duke can continue to rally for the glorious house of Janus.

I believe personnel changes don't go into effect until the end of the turn?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Basically, yeah. Fleet recall happens, I think, 1 or 2 in game turns after the next audience.

Though you were audience commissared. Maybe Saros is offsetting it an audience.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

:commissar: happens at the Audience after the one that the favor is spent at yeah.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I'm moving house so havent had time to write up the next part of the LP but it's still on the way!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Good luck with the move!

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I am glad the Empress has built a new summer palace on Hesperia, but perhaps it would be prudent to allow the fleet to beat back the Vix a little further?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I am glad the Empress has built a new summer palace on Hesperia, but perhaps it would be prudent to allow the fleet to beat back the Vix a little further?

Are you suggesting that the Empire's Fleets would allow harm to come to the Emperesses personage?
Jail! Jail for one thousand years!

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

More that deorbiting battle debris is a hazard to topiary

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Why didn't anyone think of the flora until now? :(

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm sure our boys in House Saturn can engineer some shrubbery that is resistant to deorbiting debris. Perhaps using some diatom genes to give it a reinforced silicacious matrix exoskeleton? You may need diamond hedgetrimmers for shaping into proper topiary, but that's just style points, really

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Audience 6, Turn 62!

The Empress will hear your petitions now. Dukes! Make your petitions and bids using the Empress's Favor you have collected and prepare your next political moves in the court. (If you are taking over fleets consider having your top Admiral give it orders) Admirals consult your houses and prepare orders for your fleet (Jossar, Innocent Bystander, Incy, Ichabod, Slaan)

Empress's Favor available and other details are available in the Tracking Sheet.

Current status:

House Mars - 28 Favor
House Juno - 19 Favor
House Saturn - 17 Favor
House Janus - 22 Favor
House Mercury - 14 Favor

The danger posed by the interdimensional invaders is significant enough we appeal to the alien races for information.

We learn about the Vix hull plan designs for a damage bonus.

:rip: Admiral Sparkletits :rip:

The Fleets!

1st Fleet

1st Fleet remains dispersed along the Antarian frontier and is pretty much at full strength.

2nd Fleet

2nd Fleet is supporting the Narwog world of Ussloth. It is at around 85% strength.

5th Fleet

5th has recently finished the conquest of Arion south of the city-world of Hesperia and is awaiting reinforcements.

7th Fleet

7th is 2 jumps north having fended off the Antarian offensive as Tisalor.

6th Fleet

6th is invading the Corrian world of Trounia on the NW frontier, it is depleted but a lot of ships are under construction or repair.

8th Fleet

8th is at Yumi on the Tau Ceti/Narwog frontier. It needs afew more reinforcements to get back to full strength.

The Empire's fleet continues to grow as the Empire itself expands.

The new Banshee Frigates are integrated into the Empire's squadron composition, a straight swap for some Falcon Frigates. All ships also receive the new shield generator designs. Banshees have the perk of a 75% chance to ignore shields with every shot making them excellent cruiser and destroyer hunters as well as having Ion weapons which work excellently against the Hive and the Parasites.

The Fronts

Decisions

Only a single on this turn!

Decision 1

Option A - +100 resaerch to a random field (about 1 turns worth of research).
Option B - -3% rebel readiness, -6 rebel power.
Option C - 25% chance of corruption -1 for every governor.
Option D - +7000 Cr, (about 4 turns surplus at the moment).

The Rebellion continues to bubble away!

You, a helpful audience member posted:

Votes for Audience X
1A,
2B,
3C,
etc etc etc

Thats all for now, due to the delay between updatees there is no deadline for submitting orders and moves but sooner > later!

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
Priority Communique, 2nd Fleet high command
Admiral Innocent the Bystander of house Janus

Report from the Northern front
The Narwog campaign is firmly in the mop-up phase. We will continue to secure the worlds and workers our sacrifices have bought us, before turning once more to the dangerous foes of the Empire.

Court Business
1 B
- We currently find ourselves expanding on several fronts, and our navies growing in size and glory. Each turn we can keep this situation going greatly increases the Empire's ability to crush the rebellion.

2nd Fleet Orders:
Keep on keeping on. Once we're out of Narwog, we shall turn our attention to the Corrians, with a priority on securing the supply line between the Narwog sector and the Imperial core. After that, another creeping assault on the capital followed by mop-up operations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

1B

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Admiral Ichabod Sexbeast-Saturn, of the Hyperion Sexbeast-Saturns

1B Rebels need to be crushed!

Once Trounia is taken, we shall refit, repair, reinforce, and then charge on the ripe plum of Corria - Lulm!

Should we take that before next audience, mop up the other planets to the east to secure the supply lines to the east, and then take the rest of the Corrian worlds. Save Ascis for last - I want the Wylveriss overmind on a dissection table by the month's end!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Jossar of House Juno, Admiral of the First Fleet

1B

At this point, pretty much just assume I'm keeping the Antarian front secure by default unless I suggest some other course of action.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
1B

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Admiral Mercury of the 7th

1D
- it seems the rebels are ready to make their move, but far too prematurely. Let them come while they are weak. Take the money for the benefit of humanity instead.

7th Fleet Orders

Defend any planet nearby from invasion that is ongoing. If none, move the fleet to the galactic west. Take any good Hive/parasite planets there but prioritize defending from pirate attacks in the area first

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

1B

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Duke Kerath of Mars

1B

Despite our best efforts, it seems almost certain the rebellion will commence the audience after this. I encourage all admirals to ensure their fronts are in a defensible position that no filthy Xenos are able to take advantage of our sure-to-be momentary disarray.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Apologies everyone. I am currently in a quarantine facility in NZ and the laptop I have is refusing to play Stellar Monarch so any updates will be delayed for a few weeks.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Saros posted:

Apologies everyone. I am currently in a quarantine facility in NZ and the laptop I have is refusing to play Stellar Monarch so any updates will be delayed for a few weeks.

My hopes for as smooth a further process as possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Saros posted:

Ouch. Good luck.