Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

shadowvine118 posted:

Remember when Buster had a spin off that had an episode featuring a lesbian couple? It got cancelled after that. Now Arthur is cancelled after having an episode where his male teacher marries another guy.

It’s the fault of the gays.
Thank you gays, great work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
good

edit: im referring to the thread title.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiB4dMwDFtg

This but it's the Brain and Steven Chowder

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I wanna see Arthur and Doug Funnie duke it out wimpy style for the title of wussiest cartoon male.

Arthur'd beat the poo poo out of Doug no question

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

It was still being made?

I was already grudge watching it during the afternoons as a teenager because there was nothing else to watch because my poor rear end family didn't have cable and it was either that or watch the 700 Club or stare at clouds

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
When do we get our Professor Ratburn spinoff series!!!!

#TeamRatburn

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

shadowvine118 posted:

Remember when Buster had a spin off that had an episode featuring a lesbian couple? It got cancelled after that. Now Arthur is cancelled after having an episode where his male teacher marries another guy.

I get that a lot of human beings are just animals following their natural instincts and those natural instincts say that gay=bad, but a hungry lion is also just following its natural instincts and I'm still going to defend myself if it attacks me.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 28, 2021

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
uh

:yikes:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
As a gay I'd like to say you're welcome and now you loving owe us. Next time there's a show beloved by all y'all we're going to take it away from you. And you'll thank us.

This is the pact you signed.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

shadowvine118 posted:

"In May 2019, Alabama Public Television withheld the airing of "Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone", where Arthur's teacher, Mr. Ratburn, married another man named Patrick. The station had also declined to broadcast a 2005 episode of the spin-off show, Postcards from Buster, where a friend had two mothers.[24]"

Actually it was only that one state and the gay Ratburn episode was 4 seasons ago and the Buster one had was 16 years ago and it ran for like another 50 episodes

Fake news!!!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

just another posted:

Doug has that incel rage though so he'd be more likely to pull a gun.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
member reading rainbow I member

Also wishbone....is most likely dead....now I m sad

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
wishbone has probably been cloned many times

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

AHH F/UGH posted:

Actually it was only that one state and the gay Ratburn episode was 4 seasons ago and the Buster one had was 16 years ago and it ran for like another 50 episodes

poo poo, that's pretty early for a lesbian moms episode.

Buster is a badass.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

wishbone was a great fuckin show

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

AHH F/UGH posted:

"In May 2019, Alabama Public Television withheld the airing of "Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone", where Arthur's teacher, Mr. Ratburn, married another man named Patrick. The station had also declined to broadcast a 2005 episode of the spin-off show, Postcards from Buster, where a friend had two mothers.[24]"

paging user Gay Rat Wedding

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Mr. Ratburn was definitely an icon long before the wedding

https://youtu.be/cpIKcHGYPXc

Smilestarsaway
Jul 29, 2021
You've got to go to Pony Land, you've got to go to Pony Land, you really must go to Po-ny Land.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

just another posted:

I dunno. Doug has strong uptight psycho energy. Like, it’s a 50/50 if he’d curl up and take it, or snap and tear Arthur’s jaw off.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

mysterious frankie posted:

I dunno. Doug has strong uptight psycho energy. Like, it’s a 50/50 if he’d curl up and take it, or snap and tear Arthur’s jaw off.

With Doug’s luck he would land one half decent punch and Arthur would slip and die from hitting his head on a rock or something. Doug goes to jail until he’s 21.

Ooooh that’s so Doug the more I think about it. So like because Doug was in jail for all of his teenage years he gets out at 21 trying to pick up where he left off. But all his old friends are in collage or have jobs/families. And Doug is still trying to win a pinewood derby race or something to impress Patti Mayonnaise.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Ups_rail posted:

Also wishbone....is most likely dead....now I m sad

Wishbone would be like 40 years old if he were alive, so I hope he's dead for his sake. :smith:

free hubcaps posted:

wishbone was a great fuckin show

:hmmyes:

As far as children's PBS cartoons go, Dragon Tales is (was?) underrated as hell.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What's with the grimdark doug stuff

grimdoug

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Ghost Leviathan posted:

grimdoug

grimdoug is fun :black101:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Inquisitor Skeeter

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

grimdoug

There was a Doug thread a while ago where over dozens of pages the nostalgia morphed into the stark realization that Doug is a major league sociopath.

Also Skeeter was the only good person in the show and Mr. Dink fucks.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Fabulousity posted:

There was a Doug thread a while ago where over dozens of pages the nostalgia morphed into the stark realization that Doug is a major league sociopath.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Fabulousity posted:

I think it morphed into one guy realizing that and the rest of the thread making fun of him.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Regardless of what Doug is, there's a strong chance the creator of the cartoon did base Doug on himself and that makes Doug's stupidity more hilarious because it's a reflection of his creator.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

grimdoug

I'm actually adult Doug. I left Toon World after the cow man from Rocko's Modern Life flamed me so hard that I had a nervous breakdown and dropped out of Toon College, which is shaped like a whimsical stylized neon orange splat.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I. M. Gei posted:

gently caress, 25 YEARS!!??

I remember when Arthur was just a book series. I don’t think I’ve ever even watched the cartoon but drat do I remember the books.

I require more information regarding this matter

No you don't, dude. If anything, you require less. Walk away.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I saw what Arthur did to that butthole, he deserves to be cancelled

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I read this news and I said "Hey! (Hey!) What a wonderful kind of day!"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Did they manage to wrap up all the characters' compelling story arcs, OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Did they manage to wrap up all the characters' compelling story arcs, OP?

Yes, without a doubt.