Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smilestarsaway
Jul 29, 2021

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I collect all sorts of dumb poo poo. They're going to have a field day when I die.

Do you have a working 2600 for those games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Old clothes that I will definitely donate... next week.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

I've got a small collection of head vases and other random antique gewgaws.

drat i want that snail woman

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Xaintrailles posted:

The difference between a hoarder and a collector is having two VHS players.
Sorry, goon.

I think you can justify 2, maybe you want to record between them.

Now 3? Hoarder.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I've got a small collection of head vases and other random antique gewgaws.

Today I learned the word "gewgaw"

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Bikes!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Today I learned the word "gewgaw"

"ghee-ghaw"

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I collect all sorts of dumb poo poo. They're going to have a field day when I die.

Great job cleaning up that basement of yours, Mr Plinkett.

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak
Stop taking all the Priority Mail boxes! All that're left are the expensive flat rate boxes. I feel like I need to include bricks in my packages to get my money's worth.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Great job cleaning up that basement of yours, Mr Plinkett.

First thing I thought of when I saw the VCR's.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Tuff Turf on VHS hell yeah

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gonna be on the lookout for some cones this long weekend

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Found the local chop shop.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
My husband had what basically amounted to an Elvira shrine, I made him limit it to three small shelves contained fully within our office. Also he has an unreasonable amount of Spooky Town pieces, like, well over a hundred but they only get setup for our annual halloween party and live in our garage so, eh. Oh, also our pet names for each other are popular animals so we have an assortment of related trinkets in the house.

Also we are apparently collecting llama items now? I know that was a decor trend of basic people that thought they were trendy but it kind of just happened.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Athanatos posted:

I love old stereo stuff. Do those old tape decks all work?

Most of them do. The ones that don't just need new belts. The 6 cassette changer works, which was a huge surprise when I bought it.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

elvira is real and is his friend get on the level

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Elvira is a piece of poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Morticia Addams is superior

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Elvira is a piece of poo poo

i cant believe youve done this

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Sorry but Elvira is p cool. I don't know if she lost her piety points or something for some transgression but I don't care.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Xaintrailles posted:

The difference between a hoarder and a collector is having two VHS players.
Sorry, goon.

I have two Beta players stored downstairs. Someday I want to build a wall of technology that will have every known kind of recording & playing device. Reel to Reel tape, VHS, Beta, record player, 8-Track, Cassette, etc up to and including 5 1/2 inch disk drives and ZIP drive readers. All interconnected.

I have a bunch of comics and football cards from when I collected them stored back and have a bunch of hot wheels but they all go to my five year old to play with.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Old videogame

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lighthouse passport stamps

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I collect too much poo poo, that's what I do. The curse of growing up in poverty and then working hard to get a proper high paying job that pays a lot. (retro) Video games, vinyl records, art books, regular books, archaic media formats that never got off the ground. Got a laserdisc version of an anime movie and a minidisc full of Playstation 1 music for some reason. poo poo I was always intrigued by as a kid but could never own. I need to get a storage unit cause my apartment is starting to look like one.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I also collected OP's penis

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

i collect debt and VDs

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I didn't really try to collect them but I saved all of the manuals and extras that you used to get out of old PC game boxes.

Some of those Janes manuals are like 200+ pages.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I also collected OP's penis

DEAR DOCTOR
PLEASE HELP ME
IM DAMAGED
THERES A PAIN, WHERE THERE ONCE
WAS A PENIS
ITS LEAKIN
ITS BLEEDIN'
WONT YA PLEEEEESE TEAR IT OUT
AND PUT IT
RIGHT THERE
IN THAT JAR

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Weird but cool and worldly poo poo from thrift stores

Usually native artistry of some kind like I’ve found collections of hand carved African masks, mesoamerican stone carvings, pottery, that sort of thing

I only look for the authentic stuff

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

rap music posted:

Weird but cool and worldly poo poo from thrift stores

Usually native artistry of some kind like I’ve found collections of hand carved African masks, mesoamerican stone carvings, pottery, that sort of thing

I only look for the authentic stuff

Spotted this last year. I wasn't going to get it but I'm glad i kept the picture:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i collect religious tracts i find in the wild. my latest acquisition was titled 'is it okay to be gay?' found on a gas pump in rural louisiana.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i collect religious tracts i find in the wild. my latest acquisition was titled 'is it okay to be gay?' found on a gas pump in rural louisiana.

So what was the answer?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

there's no Mrs. Meredith Baxter-Burnout, is there?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So what was the answer?

it is absolutely not ok to be gay according to the piece of religious propaganda. there was no mention of self sucking though so thats still ok

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dam... can I buy that maple syrop off of u

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I need to get all the poo poo I collect insured, if my house burnt down my net worth would take a pretty large hit.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The zoo in my city still maintains and even updates these old Mold-A-Rama machines, and I've tried to collect every mold they put out.

(Also interesting rocks and sea shells we've found on family trips)

Soviet memorabilia

And I've just started collecting pins

Michael Moorcock books

West End Games' Star Wars RPG

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Dog poo poo OP.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

My torrents file is getting bigger each year so I guess I'm collecting malware.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

I need to get all the poo poo I collect insured, if my house burnt down my net worth would take a pretty large hit.

Pretty sure if my apartment caught fire it'd be like a cancer-Chernobyl considering all the loving plastic I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I just got a 1/24 scale Boston 1976 Coronet city police car. All I need now is a plastic model of my dad so I can play Off to the Drunk Tank.