Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Tickets. I actually was about to give up doing it but I met a friend who also did and it made me decide to keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Concerts, parking or speeding?

Concerts/movies. Parking tickets seem to spontaneously degrade in weeks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I was hoping you’d say you collected tech support tickets.

My boss would say this about me since I often forget to close them when I'm done.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Remember when I said I collected different versions of Blade Runner? Well, here you go:

Old VHS copy (minus the cover), VHS, 10th Anniversary VHS, Betamax, 8MM

RCA CED (not my actual copy - it's in a closet somewhere)

Japanese VHD - like the CED, but slightly better

Criterion laserdisc - bought this new in 1991 for $90 (almost $200 in today's money)

Assorted laserdiscs

Deluxe 5-disc DVD set. Has a Spinner model, origami unicorn, 3D lenticular card, and Syd Mead cards

Deluxe Director's Cut. Features lobby cards, poster, and a frame from the movie

This is the Director's Cut DVD from the above set, but I have an opened copy, too.

Five-disc Blu-ray set with Spinner model

Five-disc HDDVD (now defenct format), Five-disc Blu-ray, Final cut 4K

Still have a few more to get.

This is really cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

zaepg posted:

That's great! Pez is a CT based company if I remember right.

I remember growing up in Rhode Island when there we're various Mr. Potato Head statues scattered in random locations throughout the state.

There's still a few left, but this was around the early 2000s, and there were 40 something, so you'd see them quite a bit.
Like a sight seeing collection.

I wonder if there is one of these in New Mexico in that town that is full of fiberglass marketing statues.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DC to Daylight posted:

By any chance is the town in question Truth or Consequences, New Mexico?

It's possible they also have a bunch of statues there (I only stopped at the McDonalds) but I am referring to Hatch New Mexico.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh good I feel less bad for taking four months to reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Liquid Chicken posted:

I've also became fascinated with element cubes. I picked up the starter set of 14 element cubes from Amazon - just the little 10mm sized ones.

I got a magnesium (I think, my memory doesn't know what element it was for sure anymore) cube on kickstarter, it's neat.