Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I'd just assumed it was a generic zombie game. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
There's always Tékumel but setting aside the weird child sacrifice it turns out the creator was publishing ss revenge fanfic through a serious white nationalist press.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Mormon Star Wars posted:

What white nationalist press was publishing Muhammed Abdulrahman Barker?
These chaps.

Serpent's Walk, written under a pseudonym.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The bayraktar song translation I saw most often did have a line calling the invaders orcs. No idea if that's leakage from the nazis.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
If only there was some hip new religious movement fighting for equal opportunity and fairer labour practices.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
If only it was sweeping the mines and factories of a hive near you.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
If only they had sweet bikes.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
ok fine, critical support to our cocaine comrade

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Hey so you know Fabled Lands, a cool series of open-world gamebooks? By the guy who wrote Heart of Ice, which I thought was the best gamebook ever written?

https://fabledlands.blogspot.com/2022/03/was-professor-m-r-barker-nazi.html

"I’m a bit less ready to cast the first stone. Also, I don’t believe it. This novel wasn't a dark secret kept hidden from public view. Professor Barker openly mentioned Serpent’s Walk to me in our correspondence in the 1980s, and I have seen the letter he sent about it to a British publisher at the time:"

Yeah gently caress youuuuu

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Some have discovered that Professor Barker may have been listed on the editorial advisory board of The Journal of Historical Review, a Holocaust-denying magazine. A screenshot of the contents page of one issue in the early '90s (when he was actively trying to sell the novel) lists a “Phillip Barker, Ph.D”. Was that the Professor? It might well have been, but let’s not conclude that he’s more evil than Sauron just yet. I was a consulting editor on White Dwarf in the ‘80s – that doesn’t mean I agreed with their editorial or commercial policies.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
just a prank

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
More to the point, if “Phillip Barker” submitted a letter or article to back up the credentials of “Randolph D Calverhall” (the author of Serpent’s Walk) that’s very likely just part of the cover story supporting his literary hoax.

And why do that as “Phillip Barker”? The Professor was Phil to his friends, but used his Islamic name professionally. Given its politics and readership, The Journal of Historical Review would presumably not have had anything to do with “Muhammad Abd-al-Rahman Barker, Ph.D”. To infiltrate them he went in undercover.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Only an infantile mind mixes up the art and the artist.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I've reread that post and his reply to someone, and thought about it some more, and I can't help thinking that he laughed off and didn't recognise Barker attempting to recruit him.

Like, that reads as a clear attempt to lure him in, right? I'm not going crazy here? Barker's offering up an ironic joking lure - with reassurances that of course he's fine with Jews, nice people - and then backing off when Morris doesn't bite.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Morris suspiciously doesn't note how after this letter a Nazi press did, in fact, publish the book. :thunk:
Read the comments lol

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Orks iz are legitimately better than other factions at force fields and tractor beams and that general type of thing IIRC.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Telsa Cola posted:

I'm not entirely sure that's actually true. For one thing the endless war really only supercharges Khorne and maybe Nurgle.
Slaanesh is probably into the endless poetry.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
nurgle cares about you for more than just your blood and your skull or your experience of pleasure and pain or your hubris

nurgle thinks all of you is neat, even the bits that don't have a weird infection yet somehow

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
40K logistics people perform miracles every second of every day, even with some big freebies thrown their way. Sure, they lose a planet occasionally, but it's the unit in a continent-wide desert getting an orbital drop of inflatable boats that you hear about, not the 999,999 that get the right resupply.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The gods of the forgotten realms drat well know my demands for supporting them. Just pop on over when Elminster next raids Ed's beer fridge and do me a polymorph, and I'll devote my life to realmslore, simple as.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Alignment languages are just extremely online.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

whatever the hell they are that deck without cyberdecks, the name escapes me
otaku, and I will not acknowledge any other name

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

MrNemo posted:

Not a game bit Charles Stross' the Laundry Files novels take the view of a British 'civil servant' who is slowly initiated into the reality of the Things Beyond the Stars and the response of various governmental organizations. The novels do progress the setting with end times rapidly approaching and Eldritch horror becoming more and more ubiquitous. That said I haven't read any for a few years and not sure if he's stopped writing or if the quality has noise dived.
bob got a promotion and the main line ended up following someone newer, there was some unpleasantness with immigration which bob missed cos he was in japan, and there's a newer, worse prime minister. there's also a series set a little way ahead with some new characters who don't know the laundry at all, kind of a new entry point. you know about the superheroes right?

Stross did decide (or clarify, I'm not entirely sure) that CASE OH gently caress IT'S GREEN is a spectrum, a timeline or something, not one grand event, which the earlier stories kind of imply.

It's also a game now.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

In Final Fantasy Legend you can kill your Creator with a chainsaw and eat His flesh.
it's the best final fantasy game, on the best platform

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Legolas definitely had vestigial tentacles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
From Imladris they crossed the Misty Mountains by many passes and marched down the River Anduin, and so came at last upon the host of Sauron on Dagorlad, the Battle Plain, which lies before the gate of the Black Land. All living things were divided in that day, and some of every kind, even of beasts and birds, were found in either host, save the Elves only.