Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
maybe Hangman goes back to being unranked and has to win back to #1 contender?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

That show rocked. Hangman is going to beat Kenny and it will be great and everyone will be praising the company's dedication to long term storytelling.

I don't give a poo poo about that so much -- I mainly wanna see more 40+ year old wrestlers bleeding or doing death grips -- but I admire their confidence.

Book LA Park and Fujiwara next, Tony.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i didn't like the main event i've concluded and not because it was a deathmatch, it was that it was a bad deathmatch

Gage has had better deathmatches than this with far worse opponents, and Omega v Moxley Lights Out was a better deathmatch in AEW

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/patcheschance/status/1420564127433564161

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lid posted:

i didn't like the main event i've concluded and not because it was a deathmatch, it was that it was a bad deathmatch

Gage has had better deathmatches than this with far worse opponents, and Omega v Moxley Lights Out was a better deathmatch in AEW

given how miserable Jericho looked at the end this was probably as far as he was willing to go

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i honestly have no idea. based on what Kenny stipulated while accepting the 5v5, he can't challenge Kenny for the world title anymore, it seems pretty cut and dry and I'm not sure how they book around it

I don't think it's "anymore", I think it's "Hangman would've gotten the next title shot and now he doesn't"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

mary had a little clam posted:

So, extending the benefit of the doubt, what next for Hangman???

NXT

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

yea ok posted:

he doubts himself, gets picked back up, gains confidence, starts the mind games with Kenny , wins the title

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rhonne posted:

So can someone explain to be exactly what the stip for Hangman losing is? I've seen people saying things that range from Hangman can never go for the title while Kenny is champion and others saying hangman was just dropped out of the top 5 rankings.

I figured it was just he loses the current title shot he is due as #1 contender, someone else gets the next shot. And probably loses some ranking from the loss.If Kenny beats the next challenger and Hangman is back on top of the rankings, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have earned a new shot.

If it was “you can never challenge me again” I think they would have made that explicit and the announcers would be playing up that angle rather than just saying he loses a shot at the title.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the stip for next week isn't that Jericho has to do a top rope move, but win with one, which will be very funny.

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1420569232560041985

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

The match could have just been goldberg vs undertaker in saudi arabia and it would've still been the MOTN if it had that Dark Order entrance holy gently caress.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the 4th labor is going to be mil mascaras

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
top rope judas effect let's go

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anyway, without any Dark Order challenge for the Bucks, and with FTR currently having a hole and shattered bone where an arm should be, I'm guessing that PnP fight whoever wins the Varsity vs Acclaim feud in order to be the #1 contender in time for All Out?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's gonna do a lionsault but it won't count because it isn't a top rope move.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Okkult posted:

Hangman sneezed in front of Tony Khan. Now he's getting jobbed out. Soon, he'll be stuck in catering.

can't wait for his Main Event run

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I was expecting Hangman's narrator to start waxing poetic about how Adam Page is no hero, because what's a hero, but sometimes there's a man

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The fourth labor will be Ciclope coming back to avenge his absence from the Cruiserweight Battle Royale

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
4th Labour: Super Liger Jericho vs Jushin Thunder Liger (cue that gif of Liger saying Mutoh said he can unretire whenever)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Jericho already used the mist so he might as well go full Muta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPEQ1NQorPg

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PWInsider reporting Cash got a "really bad cut" not a break.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MorningMoon posted:

Anyway, without any Dark Order challenge for the Bucks, and with FTR currently having a hole and shattered bone where an arm should be, I'm guessing that PnP fight whoever wins the Varsity vs Acclaim feud in order to be the #1 contender in time for All Out?

Maybe, but PnP still lost the match tonight, so they'd probably have to get another win in before the Varsity vs Acclaim match.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jericho will do a lionsault off the top rope. It doesn't have to be from the turnbuckle.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Page realizes that there's more to life than titles after Dark Order sticks with him in spite of the loss. Kenny tries to rub his face in it, but Hangman is unfazed to the point where it drives Kenny crazy and he makes the challenge himself.

Omega's character isn't stupid, but it is megalomaniacal enough for things to go that way.

I wasn't thrilled about the result tonight, but I'm willing see how things play out because they've done well with long term storytelling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1420511898894696452?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
My mind actually went to the story Jericho tells in his first book about breaking his arm doing a SSP in Smoky Mountain.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also the fourth labour is going to be Lance Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoidl4m0zP4

I'm not even kidding.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Also the fourth labour is going to be Lance Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoidl4m0zP4

I'm not even kidding.

Presumably in a submission match or a 'pure rules' match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1420572285442969600

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That one's going in the dumpster. I was already annoyed after the first match and then when Cash got injured it cast a pall over the entire show the way Matt Hardy's fall at All Out last year did. The main event also sucked and no, it wasn't the violence. I've enjoyed all the unsanctioned matches AEW has put on so far. It was a bunch of torture spots and jericho doing a rana on Gage through a pane of glass. Also Gage looks stiff as a board and can't do much of anything. None of the other matches stood out either. There was one women's match on the card and they put Julia Hart in it who has been wrestling for 5 minutes. Also Tanahashi is challenging Lance.....but it's not going to be on Dynamite? Why even have him send a video in? I think this might be a fakeout or something and we'll see him in AEW at some point

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:supaburn:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Crapple! posted:

That one's going in the dumpster. I was already annoyed after the first match and then when Cash got injured it cast a pall over the entire show the way Matt Hardy's fall at All Out last year did. The main event also sucked and no, it wasn't the violence. I've enjoyed all the unsanctioned matches AEW has put on so far. It was a bunch of torture spots and jericho doing a rana on Gage through a pane of glass. Also Gage looks stiff as a board and can't do much of anything. None of the other matches stood out either. There was one women's match on the card and they put Julia Hart in it who has been wrestling for 5 minutes. Also Tanahashi is challenging Lance.....but it's not going to be on Dynamite? Why even have him send a video in? I think this might be a fakeout or something and we'll see him in AEW at some point

lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hangman's title win will be better when, on the way back up, he defeats all the men he couldn't, or lost to, when he started in AEW. Smart move would be to ensure he somehow gets Jericho, Pac, and Brian Cage all in a row through some kind of tourney so he can literally defeat all the Top Men, leaving nothing left except a definitive title shot.

I was fully prepared to accept the reality of a loss for that tag match tonight so I wasn't exactly shocked---it feels like maybe Kenny has one more defense left and then the final battle will happen.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Still a full month until All Out and they have to still be going with Hangman getting the shot. The question is just how he gets it now. He proved that he can accept friends, he proved that he can fight off three men at once, and the only thing that stopped him was Kenny cheating with multiple belts.

My guess is he finds the confidence to say Kenny can’t beat him outright and that enrages Omega.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crapple! posted:

Also Tanahashi is challenging Lance.....but it's not going to be on Dynamite? Why even have him send a video in? I think this might be a fakeout or something and we'll see him in AEW at some point

because its new japan's belt dude lmao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kinda weird for MJF to make it a big deal that Jericho needs to hit a move off the top rope next when he literally just hit a rana off the top rope minutes beforehand.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

God that show fuckin ruled.

Alaois posted:

because its new japan's belt dude lmao

As we just learned, Tanahashi is going to be in America for Resurgence, so... It's not impossible that we see him on Dynamite while he's over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I guess Hangman could win at Arthur Ashe Stadium too