Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Kinda weird for MJF to make it a big deal that Jericho needs to hit a move off the top rope next when he literally just hit a rana off the top rope minutes beforehand.

He's gotta pin them with it too. He didn't pin either Gage or Spears with the top rope rana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

because its new japan's belt dude lmao

They might well do a preview tag on AEW, with Tana and like, Uemura or someone vs Lance and... I dunno.... Fuego?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

History Comes Inside! posted:

Kinda weird for MJF to make it a big deal that Jericho needs to hit a move off the top rope next when he literally just hit a rana off the top rope minutes beforehand.

i think it's just because of the promo from 2019 they played a clip of

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Crapple! posted:

This one's going in the dumpster.

Well said

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

the stip for next week isn't that Jericho has to do a top rope move, but win with one, which will be very funny.

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1420569232560041985

Given that this seems to be his victory lap, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jericho has been specifically training one high flying move that he DESPERATELY wants to show off. Tuning in to see a Jericho Phoenix Splash

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Tony, "Hey we're doing shows with crowds and your US Champion is one of our top guys. Are y'all cool with having him defend it on our show? It'll expand your foothold into the states, and once stuff settles down, they'll be back on your shows in front of crowds defending your belt.

New Japan, "uh, very yes?"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crapple! posted:

I think this might be a fakeout or something and we'll see him in AEW at some point

Well at least you got one thing right.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Evil Badman posted:

and once stuff settles down

lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Main event was good, but the opener took me out of the show and FTR winning just really soured me. FTR are a great tag team, they've had some great matches, but another Bucks/FTR match does less than nothing for me. The rest of the show was okay.

Hope Charlotte had a blast though. I think they were at Charlotte tonight, I can never tell.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

Tony, "Hey we're doing shows with crowds and your US Champion is one of our top guys. Are y'all cool with having him defend it on our show? It'll expand your foothold into the states, and once stuff settles down, they'll be back on your shows in front of crowds defending your belt.

New Japan, "uh, very yes?"

they're having the match at their first big US show

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Yeah I know. :smith:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Justin Roberts doing the Nick Gage intro was like your mom telling you about the pokemons she's heard of.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Justin Roberts doing the Nick Gage intro was like your mom telling you about the pokemons she's heard of.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
coward Justin Roberts didn't even say ONE of the swears

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shinjobi posted:

Hope Charlotte had a blast though. I think they were at Charlotte tonight, I can never tell.

Charlotte is unrecognizable

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

That definitely read as Jericho checking off a bucket list item "Do a for-real deathmatch".

It's so funny to watch this after listening to much Talk is Jericho. Jericho brings up the tack bump in the Ambrose Asylum all the time and then does this match.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Pamela Springstein posted:

Charlotte is unrecognizable

lol

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I don't understand all these takes here on why a New Japan belt title match should be on Dynamite instead of their first big US show, or the confusion why there'd be cross promotion between two companies who are currently working together.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MassRafTer posted:

It's so funny to watch this after listening to much Talk is Jericho. Jericho brings up the tack bump in the Ambrose Asylum all the time and then does this match.

we definitely get gage on talk is jericho now right

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why isn't Sami Callihan on Dynamite challenging Kenny for the Impact belt? :v:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I don't understand all these takes here on why a New Japan belt title match should be on Dynamite instead of their first big US show, or the confusion why there'd be cross promotion between two companies who are currently working together.

I think it’s just one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

they're having the match at their first big US show

I think this is building to Mox/Tana in AEW.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this? Kling Kling call up? Legit Leyla joins Team DMD? A way to reintroduce Emi Sakura as not goofy mustache woman?

…the return of Britt’s good friend, the cutest in the world?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
[Tanahashi makes a challenge on Dynamite, Moxley cuts a promo on Tanahashi for ducking him, NJPW announces Tanahashi is coming to the US] Hmm, perhaps by some chance Tanahashi will wrestle on AEW programming one day....

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i wish tana had anyone he would be aligned with in aew, cuz it'd be fun to have him pop in for a multiman like kenta did or something but i can't - wait a moment - hold on - i'm remembering something -

we're gonna finally get main event gunn club on dynamite

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Chris "yeah, I did light tubes" Jericho.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i remember in i think jericho’s first book he wrote about trying a shooting star press and breaking his arm on the landing. he’s gonna hit that motherfucker in 2021 and pin the juice with it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

He knew/saw what Zack Ryder did and knew he couldn't chicken out.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

abraham linksys posted:

i wish tana had anyone he would be aligned with in aew, cuz it'd be fun to have him pop in for a multiman like kenta did or something but i can't - wait a moment - hold on - i'm remembering something -

Oh my god, the return of Tana trying to show his cheeks in every match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Itoh hasn't been eliminated from the Princess Cup yet.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh my god, the return of Tana trying to show his cheeks in every match

drat they gotta do that on dynamite then they'd get banned from youtube if they did that on dark, but it's clear from tonight tnt s&p don't care

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

StarkRavingMad posted:

Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this? Kling Kling call up? Legit Leyla joins Team DMD? A way to reintroduce Emi Sakura as not goofy mustache woman?

Iconics debut, the dawn of the lady faction era

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

After giving it a think, I'm fine with that finish for the elimination tag.

Because the story is this - Hangman gets to number 1, calls out Kenny for a match and Kenny ducks him, stacks the odds in his favor, and has to cheat his rear end off to win. Hangman doesn't just go away - he will continue to dog Kenny.

Now this is contingent of course of Hangman being the one who beats Kenny for the belt. If he ends up not being the one then I won't like this angle so much. It'll have a stink to it like when Booker T was jobbed out so Goldberg could win the title later.

It doesn't hurt that it was a drat good match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

we definitely get gage on talk is jericho now right

Before Nick tells us why he hates Jim Cornette, let me tell you about why other jewelers hate Steven Singer. That's because Steven Singer gives you the perfect price.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Ace will appear on AEW Dynamite to give Hangman the confidence needed to beat Kenneth Omega

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1420555389540700163

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Hopefully good news for Cash

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=149186

Said to be a "deep cut" but no broken bone

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i thought it was a very good dynamite but mostly because I wasn’t sure they’d bust out the light tubes for gage and they did so yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm a little late so I just finished the death match and that match sucked while also probably being the craziest thing some of those people will ever watch.