Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hangman dropping entirely out of the top 5 after being #1 forever reeks of a story point rather than how the rankings have usually worked. A loss in a multiman match moves him out of singles rankings but Hobbs has recent singles losses and he’s top 5? Cmon

Yes it's cause Hangman had to give up his title shot after losing the 5x5 match so they've busted him out of the ranking (yes he could have stayed #1 and gone after Miro but let's pretend to ignore that :ssh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hangman dropping entirely out of the top 5 after being #1 forever reeks of a story point rather than how the rankings have usually worked. A loss in a multiman match moves him out of singles rankings but Hobbs has recent singles losses and he’s top 5? Cmon

Hate to break it to you, but the whole point of the rankings is to create story points.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When Hangman got bumped, it put Hobbs into the top 5 since he was essentially #6 due to losses to everyone ranked ahead of him.

And the specifics were Hangman gives up his title shot and the ranking spot. He's now got five dudes he's gotta go through to get back in the spot. Which should put him ready to challenge at Full Gear.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Malakai Black is going to kick Cody's head off and his lifeless body will fall and pin him, 1 2 3 the ref will count as the blood spurts out Cody's stump. Cody wins Cody wins.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna see what goofy entrance they give Malaki.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

coconono posted:

The creek is coming back. Alvarez said on WOR this morning.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Starting to think it was a mistake to bus in 600 children if Cody is really getting decapitated tonight

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Yes it's cause Hangman had to give up his title shot after losing the 5x5 match so they've busted him out of the ranking (yes he could have stayed #1 and gone after Miro but let's pretend to ignore that :ssh:)

i'd have loved a swerve where they turned around and threw Hangman at Miro for All Out to burn his #1 since he can't take on Kenny, and they could have a 20 minute banger (that Hangman loses to complete his setback)

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Starting to think it was a mistake to bus in 600 children if Cody is really getting decapitated tonight

One lucky child gets Cody's head and I don't know how to accept that

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Watched Dark late last night.

I'm a homer, but that doesn't change the fact that Dante Martin is stupidly good. I am not convinced that gravity works the same for him as it does for other people. Picking up Top Flight was a great goddamn signing.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

coconono posted:

I could genuinely see Cody letting Malakai come out of the center like he does.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

600 school kids in the first three rows wearing safety gear to protect from the glass and blood.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

luchadornado posted:

It's just gonna end up on eBay :rolleyes:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posted:

One of them can catch a fun souvenir!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

luchadornado posted:

Think about the poor kid who gets the flap of skin with the neck tat on it :ohdear:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hangman dropping entirely out of the top 5 after being #1 forever reeks of a story point
That's because it's literally the story you dork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsfEiZ_IY2U&t=118s

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Would pay extra to sit in the AEW Splash Zone

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

neoaxd posted:

It's just gonna end up on eBay :rolleyes:

i'd get Fuego to sign it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i'd get Fuego to sign it

He's also dead

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

I could genuinely see Cody letting Malakai come out of the center like he does.

hopefully it'll be a coffin with some spooky flames and poo poo. or teleportation.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll miss the creak noise

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
AEW is on TSN 3 tonight in Canada.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Malakai Black kicked off Cody's middle.... science is still trying to figure it out....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

smarxist posted:

Malakai Black kicked off Cody's middle.... science is still trying to figure it out....

this isn’t the spoiler thread you rear end in a top hat

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

That's because it's literally the story you dork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsfEiZ_IY2U&t=118s
man that crowd started off so hot last week and they never really got it back even in the main event

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Laughing with Danhausen bits on the last two Ethan Page Vlog videos. Dude's really fun in character. Ethan Page's Vlogs are growing in me.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I know, I know, I'm running late, but frankly the past two weeks have been disasters so please bear with me if my heart's not quite into it today.

:toxx: fulfillment week 13 yadda yadda lost a bet yadda yadda kid's show yadda yadda we're watching American Dragon Jake Long.

This episode's called the Long Weekend (which is exactly what I've been having, heyoooo), and our magical creature cold open of the day is two fairies being menaced by . . . the Jersey Devil? Okay, please give this a New Jersey accent. This is a show about New York, the least you can do is lean into that goofiness. Meanwhile, our main cast cold open is Jake and his friends packing up for a camping trip with his dad, who is also the only normal / out of the loop member of his family. Is he going to learn today? Or is he just going to be really, really embarrassing? The way-too-small scout uniform he's wearing makes me think #2, but the show's surprised me before. After the lore bombs the last episode dropped, it seems we're taking a step back into more traditional kid's show stock plots. In this case, I'm betting we're getting the "your embarrassing dad can be cool" moral, which is backed up by everyone but Jake himself being pretty fine with the guy. Even if they lean way hard into how cringy he's being.

Meanwhile, in our b-plot of the day, Jake's mom and sister took the wrong bus. They were trying to go to a spa, but instead they took the wrong bus and are on their way to boot camp. Even by this show's standards that's gonna be a weird one, and the last episode had a b-plot about having no idea how to ride ski lifts.

Not even family bonding time gets in the way of Jake's duties, it seems. The forest he's in is the same one where the fairies from earlier are, and they bring him to their village to have him fend off the Jersey Devil. It's a fairly easy fight for now, but he's going to be coming back every day for the week. And spending each night fighting is no excuse for not being bright and early for each day of camping. This might be Jake's biggest endurance test yet, especially with his dad adding nearly every outdoorsy task known to man onto their itinerary.

Honestly, its interesting how even in the less plotty episodes, Jake's character development shows. He's still trying to get away from his dad, but instead of slacking off he's putting himself 100% into helping the fairies instead. They're pretty lovely hosts, however, and Jake's missing out on a pretty great time with his friends and father as a result. Jake's dad may be embarrassing, but he knows how to have a good time camping. If the earlier episodes had Jake shirking his responsibilities in favor of his home life, I think these recent ones might be trying to reset the equilibrium some.

It isn't entirely fair to blame Jake, though. The Jersey Devil is a real, present, and utterly persistent threat. And not only is it coming for the sprites, but due to their very inopportune campsite placement, Jake's father is right in its warpath. Jake might've lost round 2 against the Devil, but round 3's coming, and he wants his rubber match!

All seems lost when Jake falls into one of his own traps, and the devil sends him plummeting off of a cliff. But then who's to intervene but Jake's dad, putting those survivalist skills to scarily efficient use! He finishes the fight with nothing more than a can of bear spray, a net gun, and a trombone. Sure, he thinks it's just some big, ugly bear, but that's still really impressive! It's no wonder that, when it comes time to honor their hero, it's Jake's dad who the fairies end up building a statue of. And unlike an earlier episode's Jake, who would've been real bummed out, all Jake can do is smile and say that his dad's his hero, too. D'awww. Needless to say, with him over his awkwardness and super relieved that his dad's even alive, Jake is all too happy to spend the rest of the trip bonding with him. Such ends our episode.

Sorry for the rushjob. Hopefully, things'll ease up a bit more on my end so I can avoid cutting it so close next time.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The creek is coming back. Alvarez said on WOR this morning.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'll miss the creak noise

Good news! WWE has given it to another superstar:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Did I miss 'Fightful reporting Ruby Soho to AEW' discussion somewhere amongst the last dozen pages while trying to skip over Castor discourse?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

Did I miss 'Fightful reporting Ruby Soho to AEW' discussion somewhere amongst the last dozen pages while trying to skip over Castor discourse?

I think that was posted in the Social Media thread because this one was locked.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hello i'm posting from the future, please watch Dynamite, its terribly important.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mooseinfants posted:

The AEW thread was in jail so it was talked about in other threads

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

They're good to use on hard floors but loving miserable on long carpet or anything soft unless you get the right ones.

And yeah Ruby Soho is most likely going to AEW

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Danhausen should host a TV show of old horror flicks and do interstitials

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ruby's noncompete is up right before All Out, she's most likely signing, she's friends with the band Rancid so now her name is Ruby Soho and that's probably her music going forward. Everything you missed

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I haven't had it in years but gently caress it - order Domino's and light the fuse!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's literally what was at stake. Tony mentioned on commentary multiple times that if Dark Order loss, they lost their tag title shots and Hangman would drop out of the top 5

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

smarxist posted:

Danhausen should host a TV show of old horror flicks and do interstitials

Svengoolie is this

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I guess I missed the top 5 part when watching. I thought it was just losing his shot. Guess we should get back to defending rape jokes as heel heat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Finally!