Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seams posted:

The Ace will appear on AEW Dynamite to give Hangman the confidence needed to beat Kenneth Omega

Pro-wrestling is about showing your resilience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shard posted:

After giving it a think, I'm fine with that finish for the elimination tag.

Because the story is this - Hangman gets to number 1, calls out Kenny for a match and Kenny ducks him, stacks the odds in his favor, and has to cheat his rear end off to win. Hangman doesn't just go away - he will continue to dog Kenny.

Now this is contingent of course of Hangman being the one who beats Kenny for the belt. If he ends up not being the one then I won't like this angle so much. It'll have a stink to it like when Booker T was jobbed out so Goldberg could win the title later.

It doesn't hurt that it was a drat good match.

Also part of the story here is that Hangman only lost his title shot because he was willing to gamble it to try and get one for his friends as well.

Also that when outnumbered three to one he still kicked out of a ton of stuff that usually ends a match, including a belt shot

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh my god, the return of Tana trying to show his cheeks in every match

somewhere in the back a cameraman pulls out a dusty camera with a piece of masking tape that says "BUTT CAM"

"but sir, Thunder Rosa isn't on tonight"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

all elite wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do hope the match does well enough that Tony decides we can have some regular death matches as a special treat. But then when they do those it shouldn't be two guys who are both out of their element.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So CM Punk is all but confirmed now and they are half trying to keep Bryan Danielson under wraps (but lmao Kenny blurted out that secret)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also part of the story here is that Hangman only lost his title shot because he was willing to gamble it to try and get one for his friends as well.

Also that when outnumbered three to one he still kicked out of a ton of stuff that usually ends a match, including a belt shot

Correct. Also I have been skeptical in the past and AEW laid my fears to rest so I'm gonna bet on them pulling this out and making it great.

You know what is taking some getting used to? Multi month builds to PPVs. I'm so used to, even from back in the day, a month long build to the next show. So it makes sense to have road bumps.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do hope the match does well enough that Tony decides we can have some regular death matches as a special treat. But then when they do those it shouldn't be two guys who are both out of their element.

He's already talked about another exploding barb wire match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hangman should win a gauntlet eliminator from the first position at All Out imo.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Crapple! posted:

Hopefully good news for Cash

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=149186

Said to be a "deep cut" but no broken bone

I am very glad that what I saw tonight wasn’t a horrific compound fracture

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hangman should win a gauntlet eliminator from the first position at All Out imo.

This but on Dynamite in like 2 weeks

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Alaois posted:

they're having the match at their first big US show

Yeah that was the point I was making, in regards to "but why Archer not fight Tanahashi on AEW?"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

StarkRavingMad posted:

Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this? Kling Kling call up? Legit Leyla joins Team DMD? A way to reintroduce Emi Sakura as not goofy mustache woman?

…the return of Britt’s good friend, the cutest in the world?

Ruby Soho?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this? Kling Kling call up? Legit Leyla joins Team DMD? A way to reintroduce Emi Sakura as not goofy mustache woman?

the world needs the iiconics as britt's evil dental assistants and i have faith aew will provide it

itoh can come too but getting loud australians back on television is the #1 priority

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

LionYeti posted:

My one worry about the nick gage match is that sponsors are gonna get pissy about the violence.

If anything, after the reception to Britt/Rosa they probably said, "MORE VIOLENCE"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Davros1 posted:

Ruby Soho?

Also makes sense, although I feel like Ruby doesn’t really need a Britt pairing, she’ll be over just by showing up

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

StarkRavingMad posted:

Known good friend and not a turncoat Dakota Kai.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I didn't think the main event would be this divisive (it ruled imo, but I'm no death match connoisseur). Seems like people are high on it in the Best and Worst thread whereas it's very much split here.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AEW crowds are so loving hot it is amazing to watch on TV.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lol all those replies that the mdk/jericho match has no place on a tv sho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

This but on Dynamite in like 2 weeks

All Out.

I want that Christian Cage title match. :mad:

Yes, I know I'm the only one. I don't care. :mad:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I didn't think the main event would be this divisive (it ruled imo, but I'm no death match connoisseur). Seems like people are high on it in the Best and Worst thread whereas it's very much split here.

Main event kicked rear end, can't imagine people being down on it. I feel bad for them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also makes sense, although I feel like Ruby doesn’t really need a Britt pairing, she’ll be over just by showing up

ruby's got another month on her noncompete if it's a 90 day one, yeah? iiconics are free and also would be Great with britt, though they don't really feel like 'enforcers'

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MassRafTer posted:

Main event kicked rear end, can't imagine people being down on it. I feel bad for them.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MOX V TANAHASHI AT ALL OUT PLS

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
it was a tame and not very well paced deathmatch that only had a few big spots, if you wanted something faster or with more action i totally get it. i'm not throwing an HM or anything at it, it was very slow in the start and the commercials were less than ideal and it didn't really kick up into a full third gear to get me fully invested like when i'm forcing myself to watch a gcw deathmatch or something

but i feel like in the three contexts where it mattered - aew deathmatches, nick gage's career, and even jericho's career - it totally delivered. jericho had a real deathmatch, gage got to do full nick gage poo poo on tv, and that was one of the wildest matches aew's had on tv yet. i certainly came away fuckin grinning ear to ear

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Taz gif reminds me Ricky did one hell of a job not getting flustered by a frustrated crowd.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

As far as I know, only me and one other person thought the Jericho/Gage match was poo poo and neither of us said that "Jericho/Gage has no place on a tv show". I went into it with an open mind and I thought it sucked. If you liked it, that's also fine

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
reminder

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flatluigi posted:

ruby's got another month on her noncompete if it's a 90 day one, yeah? iiconics are free and also would be Great with britt, though they don't really feel like 'enforcers'

It's gonna turn out WWE was holding The IIconics back, and when needed to, they both can destroy people Road Warrior style.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

For as questionable as AEW's camera work can be sometimes, they did a great job catching that woman in the crowd frantically trying to avoid a wave of glass after the hurricanrana

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Britt's not bringing in another woman to be her enforcer. She's bringing in a man, and not just any man, but The Man. That's right Becky Lynch is All Elite

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

While watching the match I kept pulling a pillow infront of my face while my wife clutched onto my arms and hid her face. Did its job as a deathmatch as far as I'm concerned.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

StarkRavingMad posted:

HEY KAYLA

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
the fourth labor of jericho WILL be against effy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The parts where stuff was shattering and dudes were getting dropped on shards of stuff that had shattered were fun.
Jericho doing the green mist was the best part of the match.
I looked away during the pizza cutter because I have a weird irrational fear of pizza cutters. No, I don't know why.
Besides that, it was kinda boring?

imo labor four should be against Suzuki.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I liked the Gage/Jericho match because it was way more interesting than 99% of Jericho matches, and I'm happy for Gage getting to do his thing on network TV. Plus the pizza cutter PIP with the Dominos ad was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Michael Che has it as an instagram story.