Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Since it was brought up in the other thread, the 5th labor is MJF himself.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=108&v=YKorGug-Mfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

mary had a little clam posted:

So, extending the benefit of the doubt, what next for Hangman???

Goading Kenny into a match at All-Out since he had to cheat to win the tag match.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Tony, "Hey we're doing shows with crowds and your US Champion is one of our top guys. Are y'all cool with having him defend it on our show? It'll expand your foothold into the states, and once stuff settles down, they'll be back on your shows in front of crowds defending your belt.

New Japan, "uh, very yes?"

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Yeah I know. :smith:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Alaois posted:

they're having the match at their first big US show

Yeah that was the point I was making, in regards to "but why Archer not fight Tanahashi on AEW?"

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

StarkRavingMad posted:

Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this? Kling Kling call up? Legit Leyla joins Team DMD? A way to reintroduce Emi Sakura as not goofy mustache woman?

…the return of Britt’s good friend, the cutest in the world?

Known good friend and not a turncoat Dakota Kai.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Said it before, but I don't think Tony is going to book Punk or Bryan into the title scene immediately. Punk should take up Darby's blunt challenge and work off the rust with a maniac who bumps like a hell. I don't know exactly where Bryan would fit in, maybe going after Kenny after Omega drops the belt, but there's options abound.

Undoing the two-year Hangman storyline right before its obvious climax just to throw a new hire into a belt is some WWE brainworms booking.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

GrimGypsy posted:

it's kind of incredible that AEW casually but explicitly said they have CM Punk and he's showing up in a month and that's not even the main thing everyone is talking about

I personally am in cautious optimism mode just because poo poo can happen between now and then. Honestly, despite AEW being great since they started, there's that funny feelin' due to being burned by WWE before that's hard to shake.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pylons posted:

One little thing I noticed (and read from trip reports) is how much utter despair there is in the building when Kenny has someone up for the OWA.

Only one kickout (Ibushi years ago?) and Mox escaped the pin once by setting off the electric barb wire. It is the most protected move I can recall, probably ever.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Fantasy booking to prolong Hangman's ascent by another two months is just mean. All Out may not be their premiere PPV, but it's higher than Full Gear.

Hell, the subtitle to this year's event is "Where Champions Are Made." If you're gonna rib on Hangman for the name Full Gear, use it to be the place where he successfully defends the belt proving he's "ready for full gear."

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

We all know that Lesnar is Britt's muscle. Now we have to trust Tony to get us there.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MassRafTer posted:

Someone went even deeper and discovered who the true head of the table is.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Zombie Lemur posted:

Little Caesar kills my immersion because you know he's never actually going to stab anyone with that spear.

Although, Rome Hat could use some backup.

Little Caesar famously not related to stabbing.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I forgot to mention, but Gage's shirt back had "loving" on it in plain view which is great cause it went by mostly unnoticed.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Oooh boy, the 'ol double post.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Christian gonna be forgiven by the Redeemer.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Piping into say it's loving awesome to be excited for a new show every week again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pylons posted:

So far they haven't established that you can pick.

This. Miro picked the latest challenger for tonight, which I really dig if he's picking credible challengers more frequently than not. Who knows if they'll change that.

Thankfully the TNT title has prestige still in-tact so it's not necessarily a lesser belt in kayfabe, which enables the top 5 folks to chase it.