Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Kunabomber posted:

Has Jericho ever done deathmatches before? Major props if his first deathmatch was Nick Fuckin' Gage and he didn't freak out like Arquette did. That's an incredible amount of trust.

He's lifelong friends with DEAHMATCH LEGEND LUTHER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

blunt posted:

What's the point in doing 3 month PPV cycles if you still only formalise the title match 2 weeks in advance

I'll take it over the typical WWE title match build where they announce the title match the night after the previous PPV and then have to spend 4 to 5 weeks doing pointless non-title matches between the champion and challenger where every week they take turns rolling each other up or, even worse, pinning each other clean so by the time they actually get to the big match you''ve already seen it several times and are sick of both guys.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

embarrassed but certainly not surprised. also saw a lot of people in line who were proudly wearing shirts about how not woke they were.

Did they think they were in line for a WWE show or something?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I always forget that Woods has a Golden Girls shrine in his house

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

What's former WCW midcarder Jean-Paul Lévesque doing in the Rampage Zone?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Everyone knows that losing the trust of Domino's is the surest sign that a wrestling company is about to die.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

El Generico posted:

She's got an awesome look, promo, charisma, toughness, workrate, she comes across as genuine and can express sincere emotions on camera.

Think of all that, and remember that the only value WWE could see in her was being a referee

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

It’s so bizarre. I guess WWE are just looking for people to fill predetermined slots, instead of hiring talented people to do their thing and carve out that slot for themselves.

Similar to how after Eddie Kingston's first appearance on Dynamite, WWE called him up and wanted to give him a job as a trainer.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Considering their cost-saving ideas right now, I'm more inclined to think they'll announce their version of a death match for next week's Raw.

Drew McIntyre vs Jinder Mahal in a "Butt-kicking Match" where the most "violent" spot is Jinder spraying Drew with a fire extinguisher.

They're gonna do a Highlander Match where Drew beheads Jinder with his sword with some Nostalgia Critic level CGI effects.

Jinder will be on TV again in like 2 weeks without explanation.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

So I see we've entered the part of the PPV cycle where the babyface has another obstacle put in his way and everyone goes "WHELP I GUESS HE'S JUST DEAD FOREVER AND AEW IS BAD NOW"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

both AAA and Impact currently pitching ideas for Kenny to wrestle Hangman on their show for their title.

It's a three stages of hell match where they start in Florida , fight their way onto a bus that drops them off in Nashville, then walk and brawl onto a plane to Mexico

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Is there any sign whatsoever that Christian is the one getting the title shot or are people just doomposting because they just assume AEW is gonna do the worst possible option?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

He’s 3rd in line behind hangman who lost his shot and JB who had his shot and failed

I mean there's also 9 episodes of AEW TV between now and the PPV so they could literally have someone else push him down the rankings at any point.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

NienNunb posted:

The first thing I see this morning opening the aew thread:

New Performance Center class is looking pretty solid

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Does anyone else get the feeling that some people are like, extremely hypersensitive to all the things that bad wrestling companies have done over the years and so any time there's even a remote whiff of something that might vaguely remind them of something WCW or TNA or WWE did the immediate response is to go into full on "Oh no ITS HAPPENING AGAIN" mode?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dragonshirt posted:

Can't wait for Danielson and Punk to debut and go right into a program against each other.

Punk is gonna come out on Rampage and roll up Kenny for the title in 3 minutes, but before he can cut a victory promo Bryan Danielson debuts and challenges him next week.

Danielson then rolls up Punk in 3 minutes and his victory celebration is cut off by Brock Lesnar, etc

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Vandar posted:

I don’t like Page losing his opportunity here but I get it and personally I think AEW has built up enough trust that I’m willing to wait and see what happens next before I start throwing chairs.

Jokes aside this is basically where I'm at. If it was WWE then it'd be like 90% sure he's just dead, but it's not WWE and AEW still has good will left that it can make things work.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Charlotte Screwjob

Aka the Queen of the King 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Y'all think next Wednesday will have story beats continuing what we saw this week?

Nah we all know AEW is just a reboot of Wrestling Society X with a bigger budget

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If every person who got released and the internet fans went "Oh my god they should join the Dark Order" actually did so they'd have like 200 people in their roster at this point

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I think the bigger thing that annoys me with the DO thing is that people keep declaring that whatever spooky wrestler gets fired would be the PERFECT NEW LEADER of the Dark Order despite the fact that the Dark Order aren't even those guys anymore. They aren't a cult anymore, they're just a group of goofballs who want to support each other and their sad cowboy friend.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

At this point I'm in the camp that unless it is literally a CM Punk level guy they really don't need any more dudes on this roster.

Unless they can get LA Park of course.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Wrestlers are not allowed to get better in wrestling especially AEW, they are bad forever

I generally hate this trope as well and think everyone should get a chance to show they can improve, but in Mel's case AEW hasn't even bothered to book her in nearly a year so unless she's been secretly training this whole time I can only guess they just see zero value in her anymore and are just letting her contract run out.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Alaois posted:

it really is incredibly how they gave nikki bella a finisher designed to absolutely pulverize your knees and back while also looking really bad and weak

They seem to do this a lot, especially with women for some reason.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I can't believe CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Windham Rotunda, Braun Strowman, Ruby Riot, Brock Lesnar, Adam Cole, and Ric Flair are ALL the new Exalted One.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Drakkel posted:

I can't believe CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Windham Rotunda, Braun Strowman, Ruby Riot, Brock Lesnar, Adam Cole, and Ric Flair are ALL the new Exalted One.

Also they're all going to come out during All Out and take turns hitting their finishers on Hangman Page, ensuring he'll spend the rest of his career getting rolled up on Dark by guys like Ryzin or Baron Black

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

New thread rule, when Ali gets cut, none of you are allowed to hem and haw about if AEW needs him.

Okay but what if Ali was the new Exalted One???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

What's Mel doing in the Smackdown Zone???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

who tf is mel?

The least important person in a faction that included Brandi Rhodes, somehow

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

She showed up for a couple weeks in Brandi's Nightmare Collective, Brandi split off & Awesome Kong had to retire so she was stuck with Luther for a little longer, then I think when the pandemic hit just went back to her day job

She was in the crowd at Daily's Place for a while, took part in the Women's Tag Tournament and then vanished off the face of the earth. I think she's started doing some indie dates recently but it's pretty clear AEW saw nothing in her for whatever reason.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nobody working for AEW has ever even heard of WWE

Paul Wight got thrown off the roof of a building during a monster truck sumo match and woke up in Jacksonville 25 years later

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Honestly at this point WWE could just air 3 hours of randomly generated 2k20 matches and it'd make just as much sense as the regular show. Probably be less rematches even.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The Taxman posted:

I think the main note was it wasn't the strongest performer to put into the very limited 1 women's match slot that Dynamite typically has.

The most charitable reading I can give is that they're saving premium matches for when the women's division has more screentime.

I'd say it's pretty charitable cause it'll probably never happen.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Tony please call Punk and Bryan and get them to wherever the hell Dynamite is tomorrow, end this nightmare

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I'm genuinely want to know what the next labor of Jericho will be.

Jericho has to stop bringing anti-vaxxers on his podcast for a year

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Huntman posted:

I've convinced myself it's Lance Storm and if it isn't, I'll be bummed out bc I'm hyping myself up for it like a major dork. I'm sure it'll still be dope regardless.

Haven't both Jericho and Lance said they want their last matche to be against each other?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

shiksa posted:

god i will laugh so hard if i ever see that in the wild

Cody's gonna hit like 8 cross-rhodes on Malakai and then pin him clean while wearing this shirt

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Tommy End starts opening all promos with “Hey, guys…l

"Don't forget to smash the bell!" right as the timekeeper rings the bell

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Has there ever been a wrestling shirt that included an actual photo of a wrestler (instead of just a design or drawing) that wasn’t the worst kind of awful embarrassing garbage?

Fake edit: remembered Orange Cassidy as I was about to hit post, so that’s one.

Does the one that's just a cutout of Rikishi's rear end count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

She probably had that body language because nobody taught her anything in NXT

That's not fair at all!

They taught her to find the hard cam and she nailed that.