Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

thought the show was solid. Next week will be more my speed though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Brodie being the exalted one really cemented his legacy in a way I just now understand. He’s gone but there’s a huge group of can’t fail talent that carry on in his influence, not even mentioning his son who will probably wrestle someday. If there is a way for him to see our world I imagine he’s loving the hell out of what his legacy will be for a long, long time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I went into my local dominos to demand Justice for AEW and got into a fight with the manager. Luckily before every fight I taser my own balls so I can still look strong in defeat like Goldberg did

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The first Domino to fall in the death of AEW

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Christian represents all of us and the massive
scale of the universe, he is the pale blue dot.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

Totally, just shitposting.

That quarter might’ve also gone differently if the PnP/FTR match had gone as planned instead of getting rushed to the end due to the injury. Who knows how long the match would’ve gone on, it felt like it never really got going properly.

it's a shame because that build was incredible but i feel like people weren't talking about it as much as they should, it was more compelling and true to contemporary life than wrestling stories usually are, all four guys are good promos, not even counting their managers who are still high level promos too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t really care when Hangman gets a title shot, it’ll be a big moment either way. I just don’t think Christian vs anyone is a main event, not even like an Omega or Shingo or even a Roman Reigns or Bobby Lashley. I don’t mind Christian and respect his work and the Jungle boy stuffs pretty solid, he’s just not compelling to me at all outside of midcard.

I did not see any of his TNA run, he did have from my memory one truly awesome match at Summerslam against Del Rio I believe

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, but prior to that Hangman didn't seem to have reached the emotional climax of his storyline.

This feels like if in the Ghostbusters just as they're going into the Shandor building as New York cheers them on, you have them walk up to the roof... and then take them back down so they can go do some paperwork for half an hour before going back to the story's finish.

I guess there's nothing stopping you from doing that, but the way they've paced and framed this story so far, putting Hangman vs. Kenny on the back burner for a few months NOW feels super loving weird. Like they should've done it a few weeks ago if they were going to.

Yeah I don't doubt that, but this still feels like a mistake.

CM Punk is the stay puff marshmellow man

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They’re doing like 5 shows in chicago and I don’t know which is which anymore

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Charlotte Screwjob

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

Let's assume both Punk and Bryan are coming in.

Let's assume Punk debuts on the August 20th Rampage show in Chicago
We know AEW Double or Nothing is on September 5th in Chicago
Let's assume Bryan Danielson debuts on September 22 in Arthur Ashe in New York.

Those are two shows in huge venues, so having something huge happen at them seems likely.

With that in mind, given you are bringing in two of the biggest wrestling stars of the last 10 years, when RAW had a viewership in 4-5 million range, it is possible that some of those 2-3 million lapsed fans might check out this new promotion.

Given that, does it make sense to delay the coronation of your new babyface headliner in Hangman Adam Page and give these fresh viewers a chance to get to know him first, get behind him and then appreciate the significance of the title changing from him to Kenny?

This is the best take i’ve seen and makes total sense

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Death of AEW, Chapter 7: The First Domino to Fall.

“Chris Jericho bled that night as swiftly as AEW bled fans, jobbing Hangman in the opener, and it was only downhill from there. The main event, which saw now governor of New Jersey Nick Gage carve Jericho with a pizza cutter, while Dominos did the same to a meat lover’s in (restaurant quality) picture-in-picture, had the Dominos board room in a state of chaos, their CEO the Noid was quoted as saying:

“I’m all hosed up over this poo poo. I really need some Dominos pizza right now, please give me a slice i’ll do anything to even lick the little table in the center of the pizza, please man, c’mon can i smell the box for a second…”

But even worse fortune was on the horizon Adam Page was set to ride off towards, when in his final match for AEW he did the job for the debuting CM Punk, he failed to answer the referee’s ten count after a spin kick that missed by a mile, Phil Brooks was a jobber to the jobbers of UFC, but now with a true money mark believing he could be AEW’s Lesnar, Phil Brooks was at last the dominant main eventer closing the show, and eventually, the entire company.”
-RD Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez, 2022 F4W Press

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

gently caress dude…

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What is Eve Beeper doing in the Impact Zone

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

doc gallows is like if the entire kliq's best traits were drained of them and put into a guy. he is a jolly festive guy i got love for him

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

There is absolutely zero reason to care about or like Gallows unless you watch BTE or whatever and are down with the *checks papers* cum jokes. He sucks rear end and needs to be on TV about as much as Mel

Kurt drives the cum truck to the entrance of PSP

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

guy who gets confused and smizz’s his cizz

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lol Meltzer said on WOR Hangman isn’t going to be on All Out at all, is he injured or what’s happening there

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t think it will be Christian at All Out, but I can’t imagine him not getting a heel reaction and Kenny getting a face reaction if so. I’m going to watch either way for Darby and whatever Britt does. I imagine we will finally get some match announcements Wed.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

horrific
https://youtu.be/G4HyL9viqac

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

unironically can we respect Hangman’s privacy about his pregnant wife

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Yea it’s just the miscarriage speculation is weird to me but only a suggestion if it’s not weird to others carry on.

the real miscarriage is that of justice by those drat dirty elite week in and week out

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Matches i’d rather see than Kenny vs Christian
Kenny vs. Sting
Kenny vs. Silver
Kenny vs. Uno
Kenny vs. any good NJPW guy who might be around

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What are some great Christian matches outside of his ones with Orton and ADR, i’ll watch them tonight and try to get hyped for him.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

rotinaj posted:

What the christ

Wyatt to AEW as Jakes garlic condom loving sex partner.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kvantum posted:

And his leadup to it he calls the Beyblade. This kid is a spectacular nerd. Wrestling is going to be so friggin' insane in ten years or so.

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1422264004328652800

If I live that long and it’s all anime nerd poo poo I will probably have to watch WWE on Pluto TV or something

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Half anime and half mumble rap because wrestling is always 5 years behind

All the wrestlers will be dragging hard off xanax, jeff hardy will be seen as a pioneer of lean style

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I still feel AEW fans shouldn’t care or even entertain what WWE fans have to say about anything AEW because WWE is not even close to the same genre of programming that AEW is. They share a handful of similarities and are vastly different in every other aspect it’s like fighting over if the red dead redemption games are better than the TV show Gunsmoke. WWE barely qualifies as a story telling show that company os determined to become AI generated screen saver content and AEW is a show that has some semblance of plot and narrative and choreographed conflicts.

RAW features the same people in the same matches doing the same sequences week in and week out with no real plot devices beyond what youd find through random generation and very early AI. I have watched professional cornhole that had more defined characters and storylines than WWE in 2k21.

I think the urge to dunk on people is just too hard to resist for fans of both shows, when in reality they aren’t even fans of the same type of thing and I don’t think that anyone could actually be a WWE fan, it’s like watching 15 hours a week of stagnant water and calling it entertainment because occasionally every few months a sort of cool looking bird lands nearby for a sip, and maybe just maybe a really cool looking bird you loved seeing 15 years ago might stop by once a year to drink all the water. Then a senile old man comes by and pisses the puddle back to it’s original volume.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

No idea who these guys are but Darby, Eddie, Mox is a dream team

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

God he raps so lamely Sage Francis corny as gently caress. I don’t know anything he was referencing though.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I mean I loving hate their team and their gimmick but he’s an idiot kid, punish him exactly the way they punished sammy, don’t ruin his life for being an unfunny, talentless dipshit, or do I have no power but I wouldn’t he should firstly apologize to Julia.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

this is what he does. Max Caster raps his way into an rear end beating.

It is what he does and it’s lovely and punching down

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought he was younger sorry, age blindness

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

His raps are pre-approved and they've been doing a running gimmick where they make dirty references to Julia. If you think the references went too far that's one thing, but the Julia stuff is a running storyline.

I do think making Jokes about women having a stinky pussy is not something that entertains or makes me think what i’m watching is worth my time, I also do not watch dark.

That the joke was follow up to some pretty weird and cruel rape jokes also made it come off worse.

I don’t think he should lose his career if he’d genuinely willing to apologize and change

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

The Biles joke is about her pulling out of several Olympic events due to having the "twisties," none of this other stuff about her has been in the media focus at all. I don't know anything about the Duke lacrosse stuff or if he might be referencing something more recent like the team doing badly.

C’mon man you can’t really think that

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Rather than him referencing a 15 year old case? His cheap heat is usually more current than that. I mean, it's totally possible that's what he was referencing, but like I said, I don't know poo poo about Duke and I figured it was just a "your team sucks" heat

I live in NC and i’m a lifelong Duke basketball fan, No one here gives a poo poo about Lacrosse. The team is known for one egregious thing. You’re stretching to defend tv show you like, come back to reality.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My storm the capitol post was a spoiler 😓

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

I heard the rap and thought "wow that was maybe a little too far" and then I read this thread and lol bullseye again, Max.

You are hilariously sycophantic, bravo my friend.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

All the victims and Julia actually wrote the rap, but now i’m mad at him for having a ghost writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

gently caress WWE but there is no loving way anyone here would be caping for rape joker max caster if he wasn’t aew, the lack of self awareness is wild you can love something and not strive to interpret it through some bizarre prism of “the good guys”