Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
from where I was sitting the crowd seemed pretty hot for the entire show.

on a totally related note, that was one of the best nights of my life and my wife also had a hell of a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

embarrassed but certainly not surprised. also saw a lot of people in line who were proudly wearing shirts about how not woke they were.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Vandar posted:

I dunno if it showed up on TV (I'd doubt it) but the worst part of the night was easily the assholes on the upper level who had a huge TRUMP 2020 flag.

i absolutely did not see this. Were they to the left of stage or to the right? Maybe they were far behind me.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

far to the right you say? what a surprise. kinda glad i didn't see them and i really hope the cameras didn't pick them up on dark or elevation.

and how could you like AEW and hate anime? AEW is anime.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Now part of me is wondering if the elite winning was a change of direction because they’re no longer sure that they’re going to have fans at All Out and they absolutely must have that match be at a live show.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

kenny can fight anyone in the building and it'll be one of the best matches of the year. i'm not worried about who he fights next as long as they have an rear end to kick.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

In the lead up to Full Gear Page has to go 2 on 1 with the young bucks with the stip that if he wins they're banned from ringside.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

so unrelated to anything, what is Jade cargill actually doing? why do they keep showing her to us if she is never gonna wrestle? it would make sense if she had more matches under her belt but she's done little to get anyone's attention thus far.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I feel like "Julia is okay with it" might be a stretch because unless she's literally coming up with those jokes herself she has to either accept it or risk being viewed as a killjoy/gimmick killer by the acclaimed. Kind of a lose lose for her.

That's just my opinion.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

just... there's a lot of things you can talk about out there that are lovely but aren't rape level lovely. You don't have to talk about rape. You just don't.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

It is okay to say, "Hey, AEW might have hosed up with this one and I hope they do better"

I don't want to see a world where they do that over and over again because no one is willing to call them on it. Would it make me tune out? Probably not, but I would certainly mute or skip over any acclaimed segments.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

gently caress WWE but there is no loving way anyone here would be caping for rape joker max caster if he wasn’t aew, the lack of self awareness is wild you can love something and not strive to interpret it through some bizarre prism of “the good guys”

Yes absolutely thirding this. Rape is bad to joke about and there's no way anyone here would be okay with it if it happened on the other brand.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Pretty sure the people here who are ok with it would be ok with it on either brand.

Well then I've misjudged a lot of people.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

he said in his interview the other day that they're about to start shooting the second season

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

What brand can they potentially alienate by having someone's head come off during picture in picture?

Head and Shoulders can just become Shoulders

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Head & Shoulders obviously
Is Shoulders now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I don't like the two Kenny Omega shirts I bought before the pandemic because they didn't get fat with me.

I do like the Exploding barbed wire deathmatch shirt because it's one of the comfiest shirts I own.