Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That definitely read as Jericho checking off a bucket list item "Do a for-real deathmatch".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mary had a little clam posted:

So, extending the benefit of the doubt, what next for Hangman???

I'm expecting some kind of career vs title type stip. Because unlike WWE's mentality that those 'give away the finish' as a bad thing, but if you do it for, say, Omega/Page for the belt, we all know Page ain't losing that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
4th Labour: Super Liger Jericho vs Jushin Thunder Liger (cue that gif of Liger saying Mutoh said he can unretire whenever)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
My mind actually went to the story Jericho tells in his first book about breaking his arm doing a SSP in Smoky Mountain.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Also the fourth labour is going to be Lance Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoidl4m0zP4

I'm not even kidding.

Presumably in a submission match or a 'pure rules' match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:supaburn:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

because its new japan's belt dude lmao

They might well do a preview tag on AEW, with Tana and like, Uemura or someone vs Lance and... I dunno.... Fuego?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why isn't Sami Callihan on Dynamite challenging Kenny for the Impact belt? :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seams posted:

The Ace will appear on AEW Dynamite to give Hangman the confidence needed to beat Kenneth Omega

Pro-wrestling is about showing your resilience

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do hope the match does well enough that Tony decides we can have some regular death matches as a special treat. But then when they do those it shouldn't be two guys who are both out of their element.

He's already talked about another exploding barb wire match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hangman should win a gauntlet eliminator from the first position at All Out imo.

This but on Dynamite in like 2 weeks

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

When it came down to 3-1 I figured the Elite was winning, but I really hoped that Hangman would have eliminated Kenny before the Bucks took him out.

It got to 2 on 1. Page took out Nick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Love me my cultist cowboys.

I loved the booking at the end of the elimination match. I thought Kenny would get caught (So Page only beats him by DQ) and then Page manages to beat Nick. Instead I'm just sad that Page lost :(

I hope he can get his title shot for September.

I thought Knox was gonna DQ him when Kenny grabbed him off of one of the near falls

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The balcony spot was scary too because he lost his footing to start. I think he meant to do something more impressive and ended up with kind of a Flying Nothing (which is fine if it means he's safe)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bix gonna call Domino's to order a pizza and this dude's gonna nuke his entire domain.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

I missed this entrance coming into the show late and that was pretty fuckin' cool looking

I also like the cowboy version of the dark order - they've come so far

The bandanas on Silver and Reynolds actually works perfectly. Like, Reynolds looks like he should just be doing a cowboy gimmick already

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

Agreed, the cowboy look and the dark order colors go really well together and this is a fun phase in the history of a group that has already had a few great ones

Kinda want Uno to add a stetson and a bootlace tie to his out of the ring look.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think he's making a mistake. Not a fatal one, but the Naito comparison does feel apt

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hangman winning at Arthur Ashe has always made more sense. I spent a long time trying to figure out the alchemy of that with him winning this 10 man tag, instead of realizing it just made more sense for him to lose the tag.

I dunno about doing two AEW title changes in a row on free tv.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

do you all get mad at movies when you watch the first third and it doesn't make sense yet too?

Most movies aren't 23 months long

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

Hangman's whole issue has been with the Bucks from the start. He needs to beat them (or at the very least, Matt Jackson) first, and that's what they hinted at by having him pin him in the 10-man.

He needs to pin Matt... which they hinted at by having him... pin... Matt?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Look in my eyes, what do you see/
Nothing because only restricted view is left

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

JB had his shot, if we're looking at rankings/build possibilities, it's gotta be Christian or OC, and you could argue OC already had his shot too sooooooo

OC had 2 visual pins and only lost to a roll up after he had Kenny pinned for 3 but Aubrey was still running to the ring.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

its because im better than everyone on this sub and they know it

I enjoyed your commentary this week, Mr Friedman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do think if they do the Christian/Omega match it'll a) be on a Dynamite or Rampage and b) it'll be the trigger for Christian turning heel on Jungle Boy. I figure Christian loses with JB as his second, Jack comes in after the match to console him and he loving snaps and does the one-man con-chair-to or something on him before Luchasaurus and Marko make the save.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The absolutely worst that will happen with the Domino's stuff is someone from TNT emails or calls TK and says "Yo, chill with the bloody stuff on TV for a bit, OK?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Agreed. And just to be clear, the people calling anybody who expresses disappointment about anything AEW related a broke brained vincel who's being worked are the ones who disagree with me.

Gimmick doesn't work when the person is specific about the defensive rear end poo poo people pulled in the thread for the grievous crime of saying 'maybe Tony Khan missed the peak here'.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

Make it a living card game so I don’t have to chase boosters.

Buy singles.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Not to pile on too hard here cause everyone's already saying it but lmao at the idea of Tony Khan building up his unbeaten champ, never pinning him for over a year and then giving the rub of all that to *spins wheel* Josh Alexander.

I could see an argument to having him drop the AAA title to Andrade, because he's another AEW guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like New Japan wouldn't outright false advertise like that. If they wanted Shota as a surprise, they could've just not announced him for LA in the first place. I think Dickinson or Eddie are much more likely.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1421513550892343296

AEW should just stay touring and never go back to FL like the Battlestar Galactica

"There are those who believe wrestling here began out there, far across the swamps..."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Tired: Bray should join the Dark Order

Wired:

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1421534612732403714

This would actually rule.

"Brother Windham, I KNEW YOU'D COME!... to help me cut costs leading into Q4"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Aren’t we supposed to also see whoever Tommy End was alluding to on Twitter as Matthew in the upcoming Cody match?

Matt Adams/Silva still feels like he's a better fit with somewhere like NJPW where he can get over on pure workrate.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

i've never seen a Punk match, i hope he's a good wrestler and talker guy :)

Despite the 'always bad' crowd, he was one of the best promos in the business and his in ring was never super crisp but his psychology was very good. If he's able to get the rust off at QTs gym or wherever, he'll be an asset, his behind the scenes personality notwithstanding

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I'm willing to admit I'm pretty shocked about it. I liked Punk quite a bit, but I figured he was done and had kinda written him off. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a ring again but I did not expect this kind of reaction. Maybe it being AEW/not the WWE has something to do with the level of excitement? I don't know.

I think it's impossible to overestimate how over Punk is in the Chicago area. He was over enough that Vince was skittish about burying him and think about the people Vince humiliates in their hometown

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I really hope no-one sincerely suggested Cole. (TBH, I think Cole should go back to ROH, especially if they continue their transformation into a lucha promotion)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That started off as a very good promo... then turned and got amazing

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Let's get Max with Will Smith, teach him Big Willie Style clean raps.

Listen to Patents Just Don't Understand again. I promise you don't remember the later verses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this will be your new av should your toxx not be met.

Black. Black? Black. Black, Black.... Black. And bits of sick.