Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

The match could have just been goldberg vs undertaker in saudi arabia and it would've still been the MOTN if it had that Dark Order entrance holy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Shard posted:

Even if the Adam Page push stops for a break right now it has definitely elevated all of The Dark Order

This is a good point and instead of worrying about what adam page is going to do we should start fantasy booking what they're gonna do with the Dark Order to have the crowd go nuts at the Rochester show at the end of September. John Silver rocking the Brodie Lee ring gear? Miro drops the title to Stu -1? Elite gently caress with a Dark Order match and Rowan comes out to save the day? -1 Horribly dunks on Honk once again during that week's BTE?

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

The AEW belt shouldn't be the first one Kenny loses, it should be the last one. I don't see that happening before All Out. The stakes for his entire gimmick just aren't high enough without that. Page could feasibly show up on an Impact PPV and cost Kenny the belt. He could even show up in AAA and make sure Andrade wins their match. Or even without Page showing up, Kenny just starts losing his belts independently and clings onto the AEW title even more desperately. Someone else takes the tag belts off the Bucks in the meantime too, so Kenny and the platinum are the only things left of the Elite's reign of terror.

And honestly, I can wait for that kind of build.

Nah, hard disagree. Omega losing big plat to Page is going to be the thing that finally breaks Omega, getting him to start dropping belts left and right and going straight into a downward spiral. Without Kenny being the belt collector, Callis gets fed up and walks away, the Bucks and Good bros get disillusioned and split off, causing them both to lose their belts.

Then finally, one day, when Kenny is at his absolute lowest point, sitting in the middle of an AEW ring getting mercilessly beaten by Fuego...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X01B3F21m1E

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

This is a feud you can stretch out but NOT put on the back burner though! Page is going to be spinning his wheels while Omega fights Christan or from a more wild card main eventer like Kingston. I mean I'd like the later and if ANYONE could make a quick, but great build towards it: it would be him, but not when the result would be so obvious.

Ask yourself this: if this doesn't resolve or at least continue at All Out, who does Hangman wrestle with that doesn't make look like he ceded to the Elite or is sulking? How do you get both of them good matches with heat behind them at All Out? What are the big matches at All Out outside of the MJF/Jericho one?

I'm in camp "Dark Order Shouldn't Have Lost" too but to assume that Kenny gets a title defense against anyone and they won't somehow tie Page to that match, even if only to show his reactions or something to push the story along, let alone do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with him to further his character in the month between now and All Out, is insanely pessimistic. Page has beef with everyone in the Elite, you could send him against any of them if you need to hold off on his Omega fight.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I like Bray and I hope he ends up someplace neat and if that's aew cool and if its not aew then that is also cool :)

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Holy poo poo, I hadn't seen this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNKPwe5wvE

That owns.

E: plus, again: AEW took a guy who was doing cuck angles in the WWE (literally cuckolding angles) and made him one of their monster over heels. I'm sure they'd be able to find a use for Bray.

I kinda forgot about this but the vid you posted is a good example of it, but I always thought that changing the chyron for the supernatural wrestlers to just be the name and none of the social media bullshit was a nice touch. Bray had that treatment, Aleister Black had it, I think Taker did too? Because why would a swamp cult leader, a zombie wizard, and...whatever Aleister Black was, care about fuckin social media? Why would they even HAVE a twitter handle to advertise?

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

I think Bray CAN be good in AEW.

1.) This can help him mentally. Brodie's death hit him hard and I think a positive environment like AEW who has some of Brodie's old friends can help him

2.) More freedom with a character he'd like to do. Make a proper monster.

3.) If ANYONE could make a "make x the new DO leader" angle work it would be him as a heel version of his swamp cult gimmick. DO would obviously deny him at first but slowly twist them mentally into acceptance one by one. Is this a good idea? Probably not, but he is the only person who can pull it off.

I remember watching, I think a CVV interview with Rowan where the idea of Rowan going to AEW (I ~think~ this was before Brodie died) and his response was basically "[Brodie] is over there doing his thing and I don't want to step on any toes over there by showing up and immediately having everyone assume that there will be a Bludgeon Bros/Wyatt family kind of angle". I kind of wonder if Rowan still has that mindset where AEW was Brodie's thing so he's staying away even with Brodie gone, and I also wonder (more relevant to your post) if Bray would/does feel kinda similarly.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

blunt posted:

But for all of his great character work Bray Wyatt loving sucks at wrestling.

In Dustin We Trust

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Should go hang out in DDT for a lil bit and fight Takeshita some more imo

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Catching up on the Nightmare Factory showcase I am now ride or die on the Kid Bandit train.

:hmmyes:

gently caress QT being the inheritor of the diamond cutter, Kid Bandit is gonna be the inheritor of the OWA

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

smarxist posted:

wow, I wonder if Dante will get the W over Kingston

I'm on board with this idea. Kingston can definitely eat a loss on Dark, Dark could use at LEAST one surprise outcome, and Dante is fuckin fantastic.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

:toxx: If Malakai Black doesn't beat Cody "The American Nightmare Except That One Time He Was The American Dream For Copyright Law Reasons" Rhodes at AEW Homecoming in Jacksonville, Florida on August 4th, 2021 then I will eat a week long probe. When I'm wrong please at least make the reason be a good picture. :toxx:

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Malakai being calm, collected, and completely unhinged is great. Miro being completely unhinged, completely unhinged, and completely unhinged is great.

I think I just like Psycho Killers in wrestling.

What I'm saying is "When is Tommaso Ciampa getting out of NXT"

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

They had Moxley and he was the Lunatic Fringe.

They had Miro and they told him he wasn't over despite full crowds chanting for him.

They had Tommy End and had him team with Ricochet.

Don't know who had it worse.

Its been a while but I remember really enjoying the Black/Ricochet tag team. It did suffer from being a tag team being named "The Tag Team of <Name> & <Name>" though, so there was never a ton of chemistry there and it was never going to last.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Apparently Ishii is gonna be in the states for Resurgence on 8/14, would be a real shame if he accidentally stayed and extra few days, say, until the 20th at least, and (again accidentally) got on an airplane bound for chicago, and SOMEHOW managed to stumble into the united center. Also maybe do something that requires Miro to forgive him.

CM Punk is cool and all but I want 18 tons of angry beef men in that ring pronto, Tony.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

Simone Biles is an incredibly decorated Olympic gymnast from the United States. Like almost literally every Olympic gymnast of the past, she was sexually abused by Larry Nassar, who was eventually convicted and is effectively serving life in federal prison for his crimes. A few weeks ago right before the Tokyo Olympics started, the Justice Department issued their report on the case and it showed how lots and lots of people/organizations in the Olympics sphere did their best to ignore/cover up Nassar's laundry list of monstrous crimes. This understandably upset a lot of people, including Biles who withdrew from the Olympics citing mental health reasons. I feel like a lot of the DISCOURSE about Biles glosses over the middle part of that.

So "make you claim mental health like Simone Biles" is pretty suspect in the sense of what is making Simone Biles "claim mental health".

Dark was taped in Charlotte, North Carolina near Duke University. In 2006 members of its Lacrosse team were accused of a gang rape, and while charges were dropped and the case fell apart, it was... contentious and controversial and unpleasant in many, many ways. It does raise the question of how the Acclaimed will treat "those bitches"/Matt Sydal "like Duke Lacrosse", but none of the interpretations are very good.

Julia Hart is a nineteen year old professional wrestler who is the manager/valet for the Varsity Blonds. The 32 year old Max Caster was making disparaging remarks about her vagina.

Hope this helps!

When I heard the Duke Lacrosse line I immediately thought it was referencing that but then thought "No, surely that reference is too outdated and irrelevant to ACTUALLY be what he's going for so I must just be out of touch"

I didn't know enough about Simone Biles to judge that either.

I don't think I like max caster very much (by which I mean I don't like max caster, and I never have. I might even go so far as to say that he was always bad, its me, I am the guy always badding him)

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean I loving hate their team and their gimmick but he’s an idiot kid, punish him exactly the way they punished sammy, don’t ruin his life for being an unfunny, talentless dipshit, or do I have no power but I wouldn’t he should firstly apologize to Julia.

The difference is that Sammy actually was a kid at 23 when he made the Sasha Banks comment and Max is 32.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I don't necessarily think he should be fired either. But I know that every fuckin time I hear "The Acclaimed top of the game" I grimace because I don't know what poo poo Max is about to say that will make me embarrassed to admit I watch wrestling and glad that no one is watching it with me.

Edgy jokes suck rear end

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

lot of people pro rape jokes itt

Yep and it loving sucks

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

At the very least it got enough pushback for them to edit it out of the show, at least according to some. I have not checked to confirm that.

They did

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

graph posted:

im watching dark rn and its not

They unlisted the premiere but if you go directly to their channel and look at the episode its edited. The link smarxist posted is to the unlisted one and it still contains the entrance. My guess is that outright deleting it fucks with viewer metrics on youtube's end so they just unlisted. So I guess it depends on where you got the link.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

MotU posted:

doc gallows is gonna say "im sorry youre all so offended!" and then karl anderson will make that face where he looks like a pervert who ate a lemon

You leave sour boy out of this :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

smarxist posted:

man, now i'm thinking about how good it would have been if it was Spears -> Juvi -> Lance -> Gage

they definitely misfired on gage's position, unless they have some kind of all timer for the 4th labor

Gage at 2 was a great move because the sheer "oh I guess there are no rules anymore and literally anyone or anything can show up" has been keeping me interested. That's gonna have limited returns because that only works for like two weeks but whatever.