Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MassRafTer posted:

It's so funny to watch this after listening to much Talk is Jericho. Jericho brings up the tack bump in the Ambrose Asylum all the time and then does this match.

we definitely get gage on talk is jericho now right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i wish tana had anyone he would be aligned with in aew, cuz it'd be fun to have him pop in for a multiman like kenta did or something but i can't - wait a moment - hold on - i'm remembering something -

we're gonna finally get main event gunn club on dynamite

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh my god, the return of Tana trying to show his cheeks in every match

drat they gotta do that on dynamite then they'd get banned from youtube if they did that on dark, but it's clear from tonight tnt s&p don't care

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it was a tame and not very well paced deathmatch that only had a few big spots, if you wanted something faster or with more action i totally get it. i'm not throwing an HM or anything at it, it was very slow in the start and the commercials were less than ideal and it didn't really kick up into a full third gear to get me fully invested like when i'm forcing myself to watch a gcw deathmatch or something

but i feel like in the three contexts where it mattered - aew deathmatches, nick gage's career, and even jericho's career - it totally delivered. jericho had a real deathmatch, gage got to do full nick gage poo poo on tv, and that was one of the wildest matches aew's had on tv yet. i certainly came away fuckin grinning ear to ear

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

the fourth labor of jericho WILL be against effy

aew rampage gets the goahead for TV-MA and they bring in drew parker

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, that seems like the compromise position.

the smartest order of events here would have been

1. TNT tells AEW they gotta pop a rating on these big debuts

2. Khan gets Punk, TNT reminds him about the debut thing

3. Khan says "ok, you want us to tell everyone CM Punk is coming and prevent the single most shocking return in wrestling history? Ok then we're going to make a huge box office from it" and books the United Center and leaks Punk to the Observer (and now is just putting "hints" on TV)

same deal with Danielson except he already had the NYC show and figured he could just open up the rest of the seating they wouldn't normally have a chance of selling out

now who knows if that's how it actually went down, but it seems plausible, since TK seems to generally be good at these things

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

karmicknight posted:

A sell out of the United Center with the only thing promised being the second taping of an hour-long TV show.

have to imagine this is going to result in the single greatest episode of dark (elevation?) ever as tony tries to figure out what the gently caress else to show that crowd

or maybe it's just full on half live house show/half tv

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

they absolutely would have to debut him in the front row at a britt match with a chiron saying DR. BRITT BAKER DMD'S BOYFRIEND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I'd be loving bummed if I went to a wrestling show and heard a heel do loving rape jokes about real life events man

I've been to shows where wrestlers called the crowd homophobic slurs for heat and it instantly kills any good memory I have of the show, would be the same reaction hearing that loving Duke line live. If I'd brought any wrestling-skeptic friends I'd be deeply loving embarrassed and ashamed that people in my hobby would think a line like that is okay to not just say in the moment but put on a loving taped show upload a week later

I don't think Caster should get fired but I absolutely think he should at least get a Sammy-style suspension and we deserve an apology not just for the lines but also that AEW editors and producers would think that is okay to upload as is