Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everyone wanted friendship to win but now you're pissed the guys who've been friends for years won? What's wrong with you people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Justin Roberts doing the Nick Gage intro was like your mom telling you about the pokemons she's heard of.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm a little late so I just finished the death match and that match sucked while also probably being the craziest thing some of those people will ever watch.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do hope the match does well enough that Tony decides we can have some regular death matches as a special treat. But then when they do those it shouldn't be two guys who are both out of their element.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh shoot didn't realize we were doing a thing. I take back what I said earlier about it being a bad match while also being cool as hell.

My new opinion, if you liked that match you deserve to die, if you didn't like it you're already dead inside and just waiting for your body to catch up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Except for the fact that the man, the king, Nick loving Gage did not bring a door kenzan into the area. WHERE WERE THE DOORS KENZANS COWARD TONY

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My big takeaway from the elimination match is that I'm really happy the Bucks are heel so I no longer have to watch them spend an entire match clutching their back.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

The extra spotlight. :(

Now I want this to all somehow ends with Hangman with the belt and a double turn just so they can recreate Brodie winning and all of the dark order loving up the Rhodes family. It wouldn't make sense but that scene was one of the coolest things ever

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hangman had to lose the match because his fear is losing and disappointing his friends, one of the things that lead to his falling out with The Elite. Now he's lost and disappointed the Dark Order but the reaction will be different because they're actual good friends.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hefty Leftist posted:

this isn't WWE, AEW isn't going to drop their long term star in Hangman for Christian Cage, CM Punk or Bryan Danielson. next week the Elite will come out and gloat and the story will continue. you're getting worked

They would be fools to not drop Hangman like an old toy and instead hot shot the belt onto one of the old men who've already retired once.

3 way for the belt, winner gets it and the 2 losers have to retire again.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's not like Hangman's Shida, he'll be here next week.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hangman is going to realize he needs to call on an old friend who used to be in the same club as him, knows how to use the same tricks as the Elite, and also has a problem with Kenny.

That's right, face Jay White in AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It feels really goony to have a multi-months story on friendship, the match had the big moment where Hangman accepts their friendship, comes out as the Dark Order, and fought for his friends and goons are mostly wondering when we're getting to the fireworks factory.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nick Gage is Stone Cold Steve Austin is he was a real person and not a gimmick and also had a pizza cutter

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

If it helps, the glass is safety glass, like the type of glass they make glass doors out of. It's designed to break into small pieces. It'll still superficially cut a person up, but it's not going to break into big jagged shards that could impale someone badly.

The light tubes were gimmicked to some degree, there was no explosive pop or the cloud of horrible chemicals.

I mean, there's still plenty of blood, but they did their best to be sure no one took any long term damage.

Yeah, they gimmicked everything and did it as safe as you can. Stu Grayson jumping to the outside and smashing his head was probably more dangerous than anything Gage and Jericho did but everything they did obviously looks more dangerous and more visceral.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Juvi is a luchador and Jericho isn't and to win Jericho has to do a top rope move, a thing that will be hard at his age and against someone used to top rope moves. MJF is trying to embarrass him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Eddie Kingston being promoted as a TV wrestling star. What a world.

Come meet Eddie Kingston, Nick Gage, and Evil Uno, famous tv stars.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Scarf posted:

Jericho gonna pull a huge rear end frog splash on Juvi
Jericho's going to hit the Dogg splash

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CM Hogan already invoking the creativity clause, poor dead company.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Also I don't really feel the Naito comparison is apt at all. Hangman is winning the belt at, absolute latest, Full Gear, four months from now. Naito's journey start to finish took like seven years.

Some sort of horrible event will happen in 2 months that will turn us all off from cowboys and Hangman will end up working in Mexico until he finds a new gimmick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I also like deconstructing wrestling and all the unwritten rules but at the end of the day just sit down, watch the stories, and enjoy them for what they are instead of worrying about if they're following the unwritten rules right about the proper time to put someone over for buys and heat. Hangman solidifies his friendship with the Dark Order and you're all worried about heat.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alcoholics shouldn't hold championship belts anyways, it'll make the sponsors mad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

do you all get mad at movies when you watch the first third and it doesn't make sense yet too?

Suddenly flashing back to watching the first Lord of the Rings movie in theaters with people who had not read the books.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

both AAA and Impact currently pitching ideas for Kenny to wrestle Hangman on their show for their title.

AAA Champion Hangman Page is a good ceiling for him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Pretty apt considering Return of the King looked like it was about to end and then went on for another 45 minutes

The bad casual fan: "Ugh why won't this end they destroyed the ring"
Me: "They're going to the shire! Ahh the boats to the elf homelands!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

But there's nothing to personal overcome any more.

He can suffer a setback if there's some sort of narrative development to come from it but the arc that was set up over the past 18 months is complete.

The Hardy storyline got him more over because it existed to establish his presence with the Dark Order, in service of this point in the story.

Page is not going to be more over than he is now absent storytelling witchcraft. There is plenty of chance if he doddles around in midcard hell whilst Kenny is running around wrestling Bryan Danielson that he'll be less over.

Hangman's afraid of failing, disappointing his friends, and having them abandon them. He just lost, disappointing his friends. Now we see what happens next.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jungle Boy is the number one contender now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

More and more people are saying this

Good luck at All Out.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony: "Ok guys, I think we'll have Hangman go over and then he can win the belt at All Out. Sound good?"
Hangman: "TK, we're doing something special here. We're telling a story that's very different. I think we should think out the box. Have Kenny go over and then I'll get so depressed I kill myself. It's a work obviously but I'll just never be on TV again. People won't stop talking about this, trust me."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Can't believe the sub filled with people obsessed with a niche piece of media is also really anxious

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, it's pretty funny when people post about how the Hangman program is dead and Punks getting the title when the actual TV show very obviously shows that's not what's going to happen.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1421186712525582341?s=20

Feel bad for Upper Deck, getting into business on AEW on the day the company died but I look forward to their Memento Mori line of cards anyway.

Cards of wrestlers making GBS threads into toilet reservoirs is going to sell really well with the freaks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Please stop being loving got to.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's going to own when Hangman has the title, Bryan is wrestling bear style against Miro, and CM Punk is working shoot style against Darby.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly TK putting death matches on TV has me, a death match lover, feeling too strong. When do I get G-Raver on AEW? When does Kenny take the Zona 23 hardcore championship?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I demand them getting Onita to make their next exploding ring match

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

graph posted:

thank you for posting this again today

Crapple is progressing through grief, give it time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Y'all think next Wednesday will have story beats continuing what we saw this week?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, probably not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

no, next week they're gonna have Tony Khan and Cody out in the ring with all the other wrestlers and they're gonna announce all of the titles are vacated and every storyline is being dumped and restarted fresh

Cody: "And Fuego's gone. We cut him. It wasn't working. Oh boo hoo this is real life not the vlog"