Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That one's going in the dumpster. I was already annoyed after the first match and then when Cash got injured it cast a pall over the entire show the way Matt Hardy's fall at All Out last year did. The main event also sucked and no, it wasn't the violence. I've enjoyed all the unsanctioned matches AEW has put on so far. It was a bunch of torture spots and jericho doing a rana on Gage through a pane of glass. Also Gage looks stiff as a board and can't do much of anything. None of the other matches stood out either. There was one women's match on the card and they put Julia Hart in it who has been wrestling for 5 minutes. Also Tanahashi is challenging Lance.....but it's not going to be on Dynamite? Why even have him send a video in? I think this might be a fakeout or something and we'll see him in AEW at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Hopefully good news for Cash

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=149186

Said to be a "deep cut" but no broken bone

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

As far as I know, only me and one other person thought the Jericho/Gage match was poo poo and neither of us said that "Jericho/Gage has no place on a tv show". I went into it with an open mind and I thought it sucked. If you liked it, that's also fine

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I probably would have been annoyed about FTR winning that match if Cash didn't get hurt but as it is I can't really hold the result against them. Hopefully they get to run it back and PnP win

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Shinjobi posted:

Then they shouldn't have added the stipulation.

Yeah this.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we're still somehow getting Hangman vs Kenny at the PPV. The whole feud is red hot and everyone was going nuts for Hangman and the Dark Order tonight. The alternative is putting something together in the next few weeks which just seems like such a dumb thing to do when you have this really long arc that has a natural conclusion right here. And I keep seeing all of these takes that Hangman just needs to fail a liiiittle bit more first which is just crazy. He's failed repeatedly and clawed his way back. All Out should be the climax and you don't just shove a whole other act into the story when it's as hot as it's ever going to be. If they take another several months to circle back around to this, I won't be as interested as I am right now and I don't care how many One Winged Angels he kicks out of. Now is when the iron is hot

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

I'm going to steal Cavauro's thing and say the babyface professional wrestler should not have a storyline where the moral is "It's OK to lose."

Yeah this is the sort of story you'd tell for the wrestler in that Dril tweet. Loser gently caress-face nerd or whatever

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I don't know how badly his arm was messed up but if it heals by the time All Out rolls around I hope they can run the match back at the PPV

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I thought Frankie Kazarian would interfere to assist the Dark Order. This seemed like the perfect time for him to do something meaningful

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

kinetic77 posted:

I’m going to trust Big Biceps because of the track record, but this does make me a little sad.

https://twitter.com/fightful/status/1421106071666450439?s=21

I'm not buying this loving ppv unless it has hangman vs kenny.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Doing Hangman vs Matt Jackson is some real "We have a Hangman vs Elite feud at home" poo poo. Everyone was absolutely red hot for the Kenny match after several weeks of great segments and if you don't deliver that match, anything else is going to be disappointing. I'm not dropping money on All Out to see Hangman Page wrestle Matt loving Jackson or Omega wrestle Christian (who I love, but this isn't the time). Luckily I still think they're going to do Kenny vs Hangman because they'd be idiots to tee it up like they have and then just not go through with it.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

I don't know why people are assuming FTR vs. Santana and Ortiz was a one-and-done.

https://twitter.com/Santana_Proud/status/1421145229797859330

They obviously didn't get to do the match they wanted to do, so I would be shocked if they didn't run it back. They should really have PnP win the next one though.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

I've been assuming they're gonna have a match at All Out which is 2/3 falls and that's always been the plan.

This would honestly be pretty rad. I can't recall ever seeing a 2/3 falls tag match.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I've seen a few singles 2/3 falls (not Omega vs Okada though) just never a tag one....I don't think. Unless I saw one back when I watched WWE and forgot about it because they make everything completely forgettable

Edit: Yeah I never saw FTR vs DIY but I heard it whips.

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 31, 2021

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Just to reiterate, WWE doesn't consider AEW competition and they are extremely not gotten to

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1421323155055030275

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

This was awesome! I had a feeling DIY were going to win because of how much punishment Gargano took. Would have felt very lopsided if FTR won after that. That chop block near the end was brutal as hell and it was refreshing to see someone sell a leg "injury" the way he did rather than just ignore it after a point which I think happens too much.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Whatever role they had in mind for her being a tall powerhouse type of wrestler you could just hand straight to Kilynn King and be infinitely better off

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Only true fans remember that this guy is in the Dark Order

https://twitter.com/supercima1115/status/1422792416411545601

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

My take on this whole thing is that there are some places you just don't go even if you're a heel and it's good they cut it out. As for why they didn't deal with this a week ago, hey sometimes you don't get the proper perspective until you have shitloads of people telling you you hosed up. I know there is a 0% chance that that will be an acceptable excuse for anyone here but that's how it is sometimes.