Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

same. him beating all three members of the elite by himself was probably a bridge too far for “realism” but tonight was the night for it

yeah, I'm real curious where they're going with this because this seemed like such a slam dunk and now I dunno

I also hope Stu and Wheeler are both okay, because gently caress, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

I was explaining the Summerslam 2010 "John Cena and His Team of Stupid Idiots vs. The Nexus" elimination match in the context of tonight's elimination match and was struck by how many people from that PPV card (nearly 11 years ago!) are still around in wrestling 11 years later:

When I think about AEW, especially recently for obvious reasons, I think about this picture a lot:

They took this picture to hype up the idea of the next generation of WWE superstars they were grooming for the company's future, and then they crushed all of them and the last one standing got paid with a gold watch reign almost a decade later before being relegated right back to the midcard, and wound up creating a future for wrestling that existed entirely outside the WWE.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The progenitor seed that birthed the online wrestling fandom was the idea of who was and was not the good kind of wrestling fan and the taint of that original sin cannot be lifted until the one true world champion Bob Backlund holds the AEW title

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's such a given fact of life now that it barely even registers but it cannot be overstated how incredible it was that they had a ratings-driving, buy-drawing, fan-beloved angle with the two hottest stars in the sport that was getting the WWE its first real mainstream press coverage for a wrestling angle in years and they decided the best use of it was bringing it to a sudden close to get Triple H and Kevin Nash over

there's so much about where we are now that comes from that goddamn angle

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

nah, it's bad.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i get that rolling collective eyes at The Discourse is what we do here and all but rape jokes for cheap heat was both already lovely and already lame when the dudley boys were doing them a quarter of a century ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

leyla rules and should get to throw everyone on the roster