Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW really gotta get the production gaffes under control. Other than that they're killing it. Can't wait for the number. Which will be winky because TNT on DirecTV died fir 5 minutes of the tag match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm so glad AEW celebrates deathmatch wrestling instead of derisively dismissing it and then signing dudes that blew up because of their hardwork in the genre.

I really should go into a deep death dive and figure out when exactly bloody spectacles really started in wrestling. Most historians point at the Tupelo Concession Stand brawl as the first "hardcore" wrestling but that kind of stuff had been going on since the 60s in isolated areas.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shaq vs Nick Gage is a match I've never though possible until now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW rolling out the diamond studded red carpet for CM Punk is such a wild thing in 2021. I'm still trying to figure out why they're being so coy about it. Because its not because WWE has any ownership over of Punk's likeness or naming. And presales for the show started today.

Like I figured Tony would roll up and be like ok 2nd Rampage show, Chicago aaaaaaaand CM Punk returns to wrestling. But instead it took the crowd a few moments to piece it together.

It'd be such a bonehead move for them to be like ok chicago, are you ready for.......JOHNNY CURTIS. Or those 20 other NXT washouts that are gonna be shitcanned because loser Hunter continues his tour of humiliation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i do hope she gets a chance

Agreement. She got a raw deal out of ROH and has been doing every odd job out there to try and get back into TV wrestling again. She even has/had a pocast on Russo's podcast network, which was the only thing worth listening to. Also a babe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope they actually got Punk and its not just plausible deniability because the manchild rears to the fore in Punk or whatever WWE shenanigans.

Don't hurt me on this one, BBTK.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sticklefifer posted:

I genuinely hope "So much happening in our world (BOOT)" is a moment that is remembered forever in wrestling.

I'm starting to think that Malaki's world building sessions weren't for the benefit of justifying why WWE should have used him and instead a lorebible for his current incarnation. I think the white suit/black suit thing was one of the twitter snippets. or at least the color coding the clothes idea. Which is pretty brilliant.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

both AAA and Impact currently pitching ideas for Kenny to wrestle Hangman on their show for their title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Loses to Darby then goes on a journey to rediscover his love of prowrestling on Dark, eventually defeating PPA on a Dark Elevation main

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I NEED Nick Gage on JR's podcast.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If you threaten to boycott entertainment and they don’t give into your demands, what options do you really have?

reading books.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nea posted:

TBH i wish AEW had more spooky poo poo I thought it was very sick when Malakai black showed up. I think that Darby Allin should have lost the coffin match and kayfabe died doing it, but only so he could come back as a frankenstein

they're gonna save that for Darby Allin vs Tama Tonga

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if this keeps up, Rampage is gonna turn into hour 3 of smackdown.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he got high in a Daly's Place toilet and TK caught him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If they're not gonna crown Hangman at All Out there better be a better match. Because excluding the not so secret surprise debuts lined up Kenny vs Hangman is the biggest match they've got.

And more importantly they don't have open claimants for title contention. Mox is busy with Japan stuff, Jericho is busy and Darby is gonna murder a Chicago Made Punk.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jericho is gonna hit a moonsault that breaks the ring.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I enjoy Mel and Gallows and think they'd have great energy together in the upcoming IG tag leagues.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shiksa posted:

do you mean before she left for the neck stuff or after bc i was watching regularly afterwards and i couldnt tell you a drat thing about her run other than the miz/maryse feud bc the miz/maryse vignettes were funny

i mean i accept that i have the weirdo opinion here and the bellas are obviously v popular but i just do not get it at all they are like tapioca pudding to me

I wasn't watching but I remember a lot of people talking about Nikki's work. But she was one of the people allowed to call their own matches. Everyone else has to listen to the ref who is just repeating stuff he hears in his headset.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really liked the video of Tay and Sammy swordfighting but the Highlander guy shows so up so they both drop their swords like 'nah, we're good.' Very wholesome friendship

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Cruiser Brody beats the hell out of Kidd Bandit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gallows shouldn’t wrestle but should instead have a 5-10 minute segment on every show to tell a random road story, because he is an incredible story teller.

I really want an afterwards note about not to google Power Uti because that story took a fuckin turn.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

Excalibur has

Only because he watches YouTube

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody's gonna take a kick to the throat on purpose so he can have a cool wrestler voice

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this is what he does. Max Caster raps his way into an rear end beating.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Based on metrics Max Caster is over

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

somehow I don't think Courtney Love had the mental capacity to put Kurt's toe print on the trigger.

Kinda like how TK spaced editing out that rap before the premier.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Legit screamed when I heard the news about 2.0 and Daniel Garcia. That's so cool.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm buying toothpaste?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When Hangman got bumped, it put Hobbs into the top 5 since he was essentially #6 due to losses to everyone ranked ahead of him.

And the specifics were Hangman gives up his title shot and the ranking spot. He's now got five dudes he's gotta go through to get back in the spot. Which should put him ready to challenge at Full Gear.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna see what goofy entrance they give Malaki.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

I could genuinely see Cody letting Malakai come out of the center like he does.

hopefully it'll be a coffin with some spooky flames and poo poo. or teleportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hello i'm posting from the future, please watch Dynamite, its terribly important.