Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I hope PBR sponsors AEW so we can get callbacks to the time Coors (or whoever it was) sponsored WCW and Jim Ross would talk about a wrestler's head getting smashed into "the Coors turnbuckle" and would drop comments about how good a nice cold refreshing beer would taste right about now :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

smarxist posted:

CM PUNK to debut at CUM PARK

CM PARK vs. CUM PUNK confirmed

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I'll add my voice to those that say while AEW doesn't need Windham Rotunda/Bray Wyatt, he wouldn't be the worst addition they could make. The Wyatt Family was hugely over at the beginning, and it was due to Vince being Vince and running poo poo into the ground/discarding stuff he didn't personally like, even if it was over, that he ended up being a joke after a while.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Kirios posted:

Y'all love to be doom and gloom with AEW despite them never really disappointing with long term stories. Stop being so pessimistic and enjoy the ride. This ain't WWE anymore.

Seriously, I could understand it if like Miro or Matt Hardy or Christian had come in and immediately gotten the AEW World title, but that didn't happen and it's not likely to happen with Punk or Bryan either. This isn't WCW or TNA/Impact where anyone who'd worked for WWE would come in and just steamroll over their homegrown talent (which basically says "our company sucks because guys from the REAL company can easily squash them").

RealFoxy posted:

I'm just saying that the more big names they bring in the less time they've got to work with the undercard on Dynamite. They have their own space for Dark so they can put on five hour shows every week if that's what they wanna do but it's not on TV and even a lot of people here admit to refusing to watch it because it's not important.

Don't they have another show for TNT getting ready to premiere soon? I imagine that's where a lot of the stuff currently being done on Dark will get to go to when it airs.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Like a true cowboy hero, Hamgman Page sacrificed his push so that a child may live

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Can't believe Big Biceps Tony shunted Hangman Page back to the midcard so he could put the AEW title on his unborn babby instead, smdh

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

A Fancy Hat posted:

CM Punk vs Cena on Raw (Feb 25th 2013) when Punk busted out a piledriver was also really, really good.

I just wanted to emphasize this, because I was one of the "tired of Cena" brigade, and I'll give him full credit for working his rear end off there in that match. Punk busted out an old-school sitdown piledriver which had been banned from WWE (and which elicited a shocked response from Lawler on commentary, as it was his finisher for many years)...and then later in the match, Cena busted out a loving huracanrana. It's really, really good for a match that wasn't even on PPV.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Watched most of Dark last night before I crashed (after a long day at work), and I thought PAC vs. Jack Evans was really good

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Gonna have to side with the "rape jokes are not cool/mental health jokes aren't cool/can't believe people are still making stinky vagina jokes in 2021" people ITT. If you have to do that stuff to try and get heel heat these days then I might humbly suggest you rethink your approach

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

neoaxd posted:

Rape jokes are over the line yeah but a stinky vagina joke is so childish and stupid that I can't parse it as anything else than a dumb heel willingly demonstrating that he's an idiot child.

Taken out of context, sure, but when added with the other stuff it just comes across as gross and misogynistic.

Also, while I can definitely see your point, it's the kind of insult that really doesn't have a place in AEW, which has positioned itself as being more inclusive and diverse. Make fun of their opponent's wrestling ability, sure, but leave the 19-year-old's vagina out of it. There's no place for that particular insult in AEW (or anywhere, really), any more than there was a place for it when JR said he wished Anna Jay had a wardrobe malfunction that one time (and which numerous people here were outraged about, and justifiably so).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

xbilkis posted:

Man, I am not begrudging anyone their right to take issue with the bad rap, but I am bewildered at the idea of equating an in-character schoolyard insult from a heel talking about a stinky vagina to the creepy old man commentator volunteering that he would enjoy seeing his conventionally attractive co-worker naked

The equating was "neither one of those things should have a place in AEW", hth

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Basically the way we should be looking at Max Caster's rap is, "would this be some poo poo that would make Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn laugh, if he had done it in WWE"

If the answer is "yes", then it's a poo poo idea and nobody should do it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Frankly, if he doesn't start his raps with "My name is Max Caster and I'm here to say", then he's not even a real rapper to begin with. No True Rapper :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I mainly remember PBR, Old Style, and Hamm's from beer commercials that aired during Cubs baseball games when I was a lad back in the 1980s; so while I'm a beer snob that's usually biased towards stouts/porters and hefewizens (and those being imports or craft brews), PBR (or Old Style, or Hamm's) is usually my cheap beer of choice for nostalgia reasons

I hope AEW gives PBR some spots, is what I'm saying

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

neoaxd posted:

Hell yeah brother :cheers: :rubshands:

:hfive: Got me a "milkshake" milk stout in the fridge that I'm definitely going to enjoy when I get home tonight :cheers::guinness:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

luchadornado posted:

One lucky child gets Cody's head and I don't know how to accept that

Think about the poor kid who gets the flap of skin with the neck tat on it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Dunno if anyone posted it previously, but BBT addressed the situation

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2...ldnt-have-aired

Tl;dr, says Max's rap was "terrible", says he wasn't present when Max did it, he didn't edit this week's edition of Dark, says he will be taking over editing duties on Dark/Dark Elevation going forward as well as Dynamite and Rampage, doesn't offer an actual apology or give any indication as to what (if any) punishment Max will face

Pretty long tl;dr there :v: