Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The fourth labor will be Ciclope coming back to avenge his absence from the Cruiserweight Battle Royale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The only upside to Hangman losing is that wrestling media might wring their hands about that for a week instead of freaking out about blood in an AEW main event.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh yeah, those were definitely not normal light tubes. Which I’m fine with, Jericho doesn’t need to be breathing in that dust at his age

The dust he breathes in on tour is bad enough for his health.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I was very hyped for Juvi and, while I'm not expecting a good match exactly, I am totally on board for whatever absurd dog-and-pony-show spectacle they put together because I think it'll be fun if nothing else.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I loved Ciclope and Damian 666, but La Parka and Psicosis were loving rad when I was 13-14 years old.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'd love it if Gage came back to wreck MJF because Jericho hired him and actually paid him the agreed-upon amount.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

broke: Bray Wyatt to AEW
woke: Bray Wyatt to DDT where he can do any stupid gimmick match idea he wants
bespoke: Bray Wyatt joins the Itoh Respect Army; the Fiend becomes the Simp.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

smarxist posted:

who did Blade just beat up post match?

Wasn't it Christian?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Bellas were terrible but they did get a lot of women interested in wrestling, which is probably more important.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kunabomber posted:

Can't help but wonder how they're smoothing out the whole situation with him, Colt Cabana, and Doc Sampson... but I'm gonna figure that they're all adults and won't affect whatever they got planned.

Given how AEW's work environment has affected guys like Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard, two notoriously difficult people to have around, I do wonder if some of Punk's abrasiveness will be smoothed out by not being in a toxic shithole locker room full of hazing and cliques.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

OTOH ECW was an outlier (it was part of their appeal) and Lance himself was a safe worker

Lance was, but WWF's grueling schedule can't be considered safe work by any sane metric and the amount of guys in Lance's generation who died at like 45 suggest that his era was plenty unsafe.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I didn't hate Mel as Penelope Ford's tag partner but yeah, she was bad and hopefully her departure from the company wasn't acrimonious.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Nipponophile posted:

This combined with other wrestlers acting out the story like the Charlie Murphy segments on Chappelle.

Or Drunk History, which is more apropos for Gallows.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, the whole idea that a 19 year old female rookie unquestionably has the confidence, voice, and opportunity to speak up IF she's bothered (by an act that is a project of the owner) seems like a leap. It would also be a leap to assume she's offended and too afraid to say anything. I don't think we have any real insight into her feelings on the matter so she really shouldn't be used as a weapon for either side of the argument.

Agreed. I don't think completely denying Julia's agency is the right move.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

explosivo posted:

No clue who Everrise is/was but people seem jazzed about it so I'll give em a chance! Stoked for a fuse lighting tonight! :toot:

They're a Canadian comedy tag team who are pretty funny and decent workers. They did a lot of stuff in Chikara and Interspecies Wrestling, and have alternate biker personas called the Badd Boyz, who admittedly used a LOT of homophobic slurs in promos at one point so be warned if you're looking them up. As far as I know they no longer do edgelord poo poo and are still funny.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

So psyched to see Juvi tonight. He hasn't done anything really great since NOAH but I have a soft spot for that guy. Even though he's completely out of his mind.

Yeah, I'm really curious about how that's gonna go. It's fun not being able to predict matches like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rantmo posted:

nor do I recall a #1 ranked competitor dropping from the Top 5 wholesale after a loss before.

There is precedent in the women's division; Abadon fell out of the Top 5 after she lost to Shida earlier this year.