Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

We're a christian dungeon, not gonna have any of that

Wait, is THAT why we've got all this celery coming in? Nobody told me about our new VeggieTales dungeon wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

We're a christian dungeon, not gonna have any of that

Oh so the prostitutes are all angels then. Are they the human with wings type or melt-your-brain biblically accurate?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Wait, is THAT why we've got all this celery coming in? Nobody told me about our new VeggieTales dungeon wing.

Hey, you guys over in the veggie wing better keep up with kitchen discipline. Don't leave food lying around or that weirdo elf girl with the cookbook is gonna show up again and try to turn us into hot pot!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hi, guys, I'm Archibald the Warlock and I'm going to be interning here this quarter, it's great to work with you guys.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Hi, guys, I'm Archibald the Warlock and I'm going to be interning here this quarter, it's great to work with you guys.

Where are those TPS reports I asked for?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Could the scrunt please come to shipping and handling? A package that requires photo ID arrived for you.
We tried explaining you can't show up in photographs, but they insist.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I am Lothor the Gruesome, ancient creature of misery and pain! I have scoured this hellish dungeon for a thousand years, and I will continue to scour it for a thousand more!!

…anyone got an extra dime I can use? I want a soda from the break room and I’m ten cents short :smith:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

You Are A Elf posted:

I am Lothor the Gruesome, ancient creature of misery and pain! I have scoured this hellish dungeon for a thousand years, and I will continue to scour it for a thousand more!!

…anyone got an extra dime I can use? I want a soda from the break room and I’m ten cents short :smith:

You are not Lothor, you are a elf.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Meme Poker Party posted:

You are not Lothor, you are a elf.

A elf of MISERY and PAIN! OOOOOOOOH!!

*flails fingers for effect*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MackAddie posted:

*psst* Where the lamia chamber at?

Look, I can show you where it is, buddy, but lemme lay some truth on you first ok? You take a good look at yours truly here…what do you see? Fuckin’ bones, right? You think I started out looking like this? Nah man, I was 8 feet tall, solid muscle, prime of my life. But then I found that lamia chamber, man. Now don’t get me wrong, I’d do it all again. But those girls, those girls? They’ll take it all man, every drop of your essence, and you’ll thank ‘em for it. But you’ll never be the same bro.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Meme Poker Party posted:

Excuse me? Those were cool monster girls ready to go on adventure. Nothing about them suggests that they are prostitutes. Please do not disrespect the girls like this again.

As a goblin girl I find the idea it's disrespectful to be called a prostitute insulting.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

don't mind me i'm gonna shovel all of these gemstones and gold coins into a corner

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Just a reminder that some of us chests around here are mimics and we'd appreciate it if you'd ask before trying to store anything in us.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Geemer posted:

Could the scrunt please come to shipping and handling? A package that requires photo ID arrived for you.
We tried explaining you can't show up in photographs, but they insist.

On my way.

Hope it's my step-ladder! :coolslime:

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Look, I can show you where it is, buddy, but lemme lay some truth on you first ok? You take a good look at yours truly here…what do you see? Fuckin’ bones, right? You think I started out looking like this? Nah man, I was 8 feet tall, solid muscle, prime of my life. But then I found that lamia chamber, man. Now don’t get me wrong, I’d do it all again. But those girls, those girls? They’ll take it all man, every drop of your essence, and you’ll thank ‘em for it. But you’ll never be the same bro.

So... You're coming with me then?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Where are those TPS reports I asked for?

I tried but the printers are acting funny again.

*turns to printer*

PC Load Gelatinous Cube? The gently caress does that mean?!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

a dmc delorean posted:

*turns to printer*

Let me handle this. I've seen it before.

Ahem! Yes, yes, real funny, Printer Mimic. Now put the real printer back where it belongs, return to the Demon Office dungeon wing, and stop loving with the new people.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
*Lays 1d3 eggs.*

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

a dmc delorean posted:

*turns to printer*

Um, hmm. you're going to have to come in on Sunday, mmmkay.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Me say plague made up. Keep monster slave to dungeon master. Amulet of resist disease? No! Is amulet of mind control! Besides, me fear no plague - me know constitution score.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I know this is going to seem like heresy to some, but let me preface my proposal by asking is there a good reason our dungeon is a damp earthen, rocky, wet pit in the ground?

We constantly have ventilation, drainage and mold problems. Soot and heavy particulates from the hundreds of torches and oil burning lamps keeping the place alit makes for horrendous air quality. I know that the traditional wisdom is that the smoke in the air numbs our sense of smell so we won't be gagging all the time considering the many adventurer corpses lining the corridors and so many of our most respected colleagues with diverse food and personal grooming traditions. But what if we could have clean air all the time? And not have to employ an army of dredgers to keep the lower levels free from seepage?

Why don't we move to the dead mall up by the turnpike? One of the vacant former anchor stores is like 4 stories tall and has attached parking! We could like fit a lot of dungeon in just that space. The Cinnabon is still open too.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

frumpykvetchbot posted:

I know this is going to seem like heresy to some, but let me preface my proposal by asking is there a good reason our dungeon is a damp earthen, rocky, wet pit in the ground?

We constantly have ventilation, drainage and mold problems. Soot and heavy particulates from the hundreds of torches and oil burning lamps keeping the place alit makes for horrendous air quality. I know that the traditional wisdom is that the smoke in the air numbs our sense of smell so we won't be gagging all the time considering the many adventurer corpses lining the corridors and so many of our most respected colleagues with diverse food and personal grooming traditions. But what if we could have clean air all the time? And not have to employ an army of dredgers to keep the lower levels free from seepage?

Why don't we move to the dead mall up by the turnpike? One of the vacant former anchor stores is like 4 stories tall and has attached parking! We could like fit a lot of dungeon in just that space. The Cinnabon is still open too.

I propose a series of vertical ventilation shafts with pools of water at the bottom full of punji stakes and any Kuo-toa hobos that happen to be around. One bored Umber Hulk or Xorn should be able to knock the tunneling out in an afternoon, tops.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But mold and corpses are a valuable resource

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
You guys don't remember the stinky ducting episode of '78? There used to be a vent for fresh air but stupid idiots kept climbing up inside and being devoured by the resident xenomorph and we'd have to keep sending cleanup crews that kept asking for more pay due to "unsafe working conditions" or something

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Maybe a couple of you mimics can stop slacking off and turn into an air purifier or AC or something

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My mimic broke and it looks (and smells) like a bucket of piss now. Adventurers rarely go for it and just loot my real treasure chest right away. I wish we would withdraw from the Ottawa treaty so we could use fireball traps for lair security again.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just piss and poo poo in your treasure chest, it's not like anyone will take that gold here.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I know it's summer and it's hot and stuff, but please stop triggering the ice traps for temperature control. I just watched a bunch of adventurers get nothing but a few cold drops down the backs of their necks instead of being impaled on razor sharp icicles.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Today's PSA for dungeon monsters:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

the endless staircase is broken, now it's just a really long staircase. where the gently caress is maintenance?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

psa the netherverse portals are not your personal trash cans, the horrors beyond have enough problems and they don't have time for your garbage being dumped on them. they don't spill into our reality and start littering do they?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Some of my best friends are from the netherverse and they say that having so sort through our soiled refuse is a welcome break from the daily horrors they endure.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gavin?!

Has anyone seen my friend Gavin?

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Look I'll be the first to admit how I hosed up.

But as I've told you guys a thousand times before that was over a thousand years ago, and I was drinking alot back then as some of you know and I didn't always make the best decisions.

So I really hope this is the last time I have to say this, we have plenty of bottle openers now so if you could avoid "borrowing" the one imbued with my immortal soul it would be appreciated.

Or at least put it back when your done for fucks sakes.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Had a meeting with the Sewer Level Alliance chairmonster about possible collaboration. Sewer levels have a bad reputation but we could have some real synergy.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I am the Dungeonmaster! I am the overlord of strange beasts and stolen souls! And I am going to show this video to HR hoping I can break out of this realm for a change!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7oipQkCfc

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
You are a elf.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Giraffe posted:

You are a elf.

An elf can be a dungeon master. Especially a dark elf.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Icochet posted:

My mimic broke and it looks (and smells) like a bucket of piss now. Adventurers rarely go for it and just loot my real treasure chest right away. I wish we would withdraw from the Ottawa treaty so we could use fireball traps for lair security again.

For the last time it is for the safety of our ice golems and winterborn sprites that we cannot employ fireball based traps, rumors of a treaty are patently false.

Please be respectful of our fellow monsters with fire vulnerability. There are plenty of other gruesome traps to choose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Can I get a dungeon manager down here on southwest corner of the Depths of the Damned, pronto? We've got an adventurer threatening to sue from yet another bone related injury.

Atleast it's not like that drunk bard from last week that refused to leave while singing drunken ballads for hours before security was able to reap his soul.