Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The scene with the giants shows up in my dreams from time to time, including last night.

I really liked this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Remulak posted:

The scene with the giants shows up in my dreams from time to time, including last night.

I really liked this movie.

I have no idea what that scene was about other than looking very cool

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

distortion park posted:

I have no idea what that scene was about other than looking very cool

I always figured it was one of those things meant to represent old magic passing out of the new kingdom that was being ushered into being by Arthur's Christianity-aligned regime but that's honestly just a guess.

It did look cool and ethereal as hell though, I need to rewatch this movie soon.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I saw an interview with the director where he said it's about leaving the influence of your mother (represented by the female giants). That's also what the whole movie is about to him, at least on some level.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i wonder if the getting jacked off was also about leaving the influence of his mother

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's been a while, but wasn't it actually his mom jerking him off?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

moths posted:

It's been a while, but wasn't it actually his mom jerking him off?
No, but also thread title, please

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It was sort of implied in a weird way, she said that she had made the sash for him and repeated the lines about it protecting him

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

It was pretty ambiguous whether that lady or her creepy old blind friend was literally his mom, or symbolically, or not at all, or the fox and so on.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

*silent hill wiki voice*

actually those scenes are about circumcision

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

God Hole posted:

*silent hill wiki voice*

actually those scenes are about circumcision

In the original poem, the Green Knight threatens to chop off his bishop's miter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Anyone catch the short film that Lowery snuck onto the collector's edition blu, starring Luv from Blade Runner 2049 about battling wizards? I bought the 4K disc when it came out and don't want to double-dip, but am intensely curious about it.