Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m going to see this in the theater this weekend. I am stoked. I don’t know what a stoked is but I am it.

I look forward to the Green Universe where the Green Knight teams up with The Green Giant, Godzilla, Swamp Thing, Man Thing, Poison Ivy, and the Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This was a good movie and I enjoyed it. It felt more dreamlike and of myth and legend. Definitely had a sense of humor. The scenery and long shot of him leaving the castle was great as was when he reached the chapel.

It amused me just how much Gawain sucked at being a knight and was also a dick. This really was his journey to understand himself and prove himself. Both Arthur and his Mother and Essel root for him and really do love him and want to see him succeed and he stumbles all the way through. He fails for his girlfriend, he fails on his generosity, he first shows some honor in doing a good deed for Winifred but has the idiocy to ask her for something in return vs doing something just for it’s own sake. He shows glimpses of honor by not taking advantage of the Lady and rejecting her advances but gives in primarily for the sash for his survival. The Fox journeys with him and protects him seemingly from the giant but he lashes out at it at the end and he’s terrified of the thieves and is not skilled to get out of his predicament but a knight is more than just his tools and armor. He’s tested all the way through in all aspects.

I thought the Green Knight while could resemble Arthur also resembled the Lord. Probably intentional. The spirit was probably the Lord too. The old woman was clearly a representative of his mother who is keeping eye on him.

A knight has to be tested and if Gawain is to he King he has to be developed and gain experience. The vision felt like it had to blatantly lay that poo poo out for him that dude come on you’re loving up cause he wasn’t getting it. Even the Queen says he should just make a light cut but how the dumbass decided to cut the whole head off shows he didn’t get the challenge despite Arthur asking him. This game was for Gawain and I think that’s why no other knight takes it up. Maybe they went through it too?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Mini marathon of Excalibur - First Knight - King Arthur - Guy Ritchie King Arthur - Green Knight.... - Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works :newlol:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Aces High posted:

Was Mandy an A24 film too? I feel like that is a movie I should have enjoyed because of all the indulgence like what we have here and in others like The Lighthouse but that movie just did not click for me at all.

Mandy completely clicked for me. I thought it was awesome first time I saw it.

Wikipedia says...

Director: Panos Cosmatos
Budget: $6 million
Production companies: SpectreVision; Umedia; XYZ Films;
Produced by: Elijah Wood; Daniel Noah; Josh C. Waller; Adrian Politowski; Martin Metz; Nate Bolotin

So probably not A24

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pioneer42 posted:

If you are including First Knight and King Arthur, might as well throw in The 13th Warrior and Kingdom of Heaven (although that one is pushing the "early" timeframe).

Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favorite movies though not Arthurian. Be sure if you see it that you watch the Director’s Cut and not the theatrical release.

13th Warrior is fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
To be fair how many times does the hero die? And the difficulty setting of his world is pretty high. So it could be Dark Souls.