Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’m in the hot take phase of grief, but all these talented guys managed to make teams worse than their individual parts. I don’t know if that’s on the front office, Ross, or player leadership, but you just couldn’t keep bringing them all back and expecting them to magically get better.

I’m not glad to see them go or anything, but I am glad I don’t have to convince myself they’re a good team that just needs to get hot in the playoffs and then watch them year after year never score in playoff games.

Yes the Ricketts suck and if they spent they’d have better teams, but that wouldn’t have made Bryant, Rizzo, or Baez into anything more than the the sometimes above average players they’ve been since 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hated the Quintana trade. For years I made fun of the Sox fans who trumpeted Quintana's advanced stats despite him losing all the time. Yeah yeah, W-L doesn't mean anything, but I doubt any team ever said uh-oh we're going against Quintana today. Amusingly enough he finished with a winning record with the Cubs.

For years there were always the murmurs about once the TV deal was up they were really going to rake it in and get that sweet Dodgers TV $. I don't know if Crane Kenny and the business guys actually believed that, as even a dumb fan like me saw the writing on the wall that well would dry up by the time they got to end of the deal. They also bought all that property around the park in a sellers market so I don't doubt that hurt them financially. That being said, it doesn't give them an excuse to be cheap, but I think they made some equally bad financial decision off the field at least equal to the JHey contract.