Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I actually picked this up during the Steam Winter Sale thanks to this LP! Of course, I'm horrible at it right now. The closest thing to a Soulslike that I've successfully completed was Remnant: From the Ashes, and that's more of a third-person shooter, so I'm basically flailing around whenever it comes to melee combat. I need to learn when to block, when to dodge, and when to punish. I'm still early but I have a couple extra blood codes, but right now I'm sticking with Fighter until I can wrap my head around combat and not die horribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

As much as I want to watch this I don't want to be spoiled for the rest of my playthrough. I'm at the big flashback sequence. Jack is a powerful ally and I respect his fighting ability.

Navigating the Cathedral isn't that bad if you remember to always look down. The verticality in this game's maps hides a lot of area to explore. It's kind of ingeneous for this type of game.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I BS'd my way to completion with the best ending! It was an eye-opening experience, mostly a positive one once I learned how to fight effectively. I could see myself improving with time against most things. Bosses though. . . most of my boss victories came from my companion doing most of the work while I scrambled to stabilize and find an opening. So many attacks that required pixel-perfect dodging. I can't say I improved on that front much.

I picked up Nioh on the PS4 on sale a while back, so hopefully I'll go into that with the right mindset after this.