Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It's arguably the biggest weekend in Dragon Gate history, as the company for the first time brings us a double header from Kobe World Hall. First is the annual Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival, Dragon Gate's anniversary show and annual biggest event of the year. The show is stacked top to bottom, with every belt on the line, and main-evented by the young phenom Shun Skywalker defending the Open the Dream Gate championship against the incredibly popular Kzy, whose time it most definitely finally is.

Kobe World Card posted:

July 31st, 2021
Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall
Dragongate Network Live (English & Japanese Commentary)
16:00 JST - 3AM EST - 12AM PST - 7:00 GMT

⓪ 6 Man Tag Team Match
Kenichiro Arai, Yasushi Kanda, & K-ness. vs. Super Shisa, Konomama Ichikawa, & Shachihoko Boy

① 6 Man Tag Team Match
Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, & Ryo Saito vs. BxB Hulk, KAI, & H・Y・O

② 8 Man Tag Team Match
Takashi Yoshida, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, U-T, & Funky “Jacky” Kamei vs. Gamma, Ben-K, Problem Dragon, & Punch Tominaga

③ Special Singles Match
Kota Minoura vs. Eita

④ Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match
(Champions) Dragon Dia, Jason Lee, & La Estrella vs. (Challengers) SB KENTo, Diamante, & Dia Inferno

⑤ Open the Brave Gate Championship Match
(Champion) Keisuke Okuda vs. (Challenger) Genki Horiguchi

⑥ 10 Man Tag Team Match
★SPEED STAR FINAL COUNTDOWN in KOBE
Masato Yoshino, Shuji Kondo, Toru Owashi, “brother” YASSHI, & Takuya Sugawara vs. Ultimo Dragon, Naruki Doi, YAMATO, Dragon Kid, & Kagetora

⑦ Open the Twin Gate Championship Match
(Champions) Kaito Ishida & Kazma Sakamoto vs. (Challengers) Susumu Yokosuka & King Shimizu

⑧ Open the Dream Gate Championship Match
(Champion) Shun Skywalker vs. (Challenger) Kzy

On the following night, we have a more somber affair, as Dragon System legend Masato Yoshino wrestles his final match, as he retires due to lingering neck injuries. A full accounting of Yoshino's career is beyond my capabilities, and I suggest you read Case Lowe's thorough career retrospective over at Voices of Wrestling, but suffice to say, if any person in this company deserves a Kobe World equivalent retirement show, it's Masato Yoshino. For his final match he teams up with his legendary tag partner Naruki Doi to take on the company's top heel Eita teaming with BxB Hulk. As before, every title is on the line, with challengers waiting in the wings for the results of the previous night. I assume the undercard will be made up of losers from Kobe World, so that part of the card hasn't been filled out yet.

Speed Star Final Card posted:

August 1st, 2021
Speedstar Final
Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall
Dragongate Network Live (English & Japanese Commentary)
15:00 JST - 2AM EST - 11PM PST - 6:00 GMT

▼ Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Winner of 7/31 Championship Match vs. Kagetora

▼ Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Winners of 7/31 Championship Match vs. Aagan Iisou("brother” YASSHI, Shuji Kondo, Toru Owashi)

▼ Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Winners of 7/31 Championship Match vs. Dragon Kid & Ben-K

▼ Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Winner of 7/31 Championship Match vs. YAMATO

▼ Masato Yoshino Retirement Match: Speed Muscle (Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi) vs. R.E.D. (BxB Hulk & Eita)

You can watch both shows live on the Dragon Gate Network with both Japanese and English commentary.

https://dragongate.live

Come and post with all your Something Awful buddies as we struggle to stay awake during the intermissions!

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

YAMATO's going to do to Kzy what Tanahashi did to Okada at that one Wrestle Kingdom where he made him cry and then called him a dumb loser bitch.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Minoura vs SB Kento is going to main event Kobe World 2023.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shun's going over both guys and will drop it to a returning Akira Tozawa at Gate of Destiny.

I took a nap so hopefully I can make it without falling asleep during the intermission.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If you haven't seen it, on social media they have pictures of the units all business suited up for the press conferences ut KAI is just vibing in his ring gear and it's great content.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Goddamn Minoura just ate that chair shot. Real YAMATO vibes from that no sell there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also Eita’s Imperial Uno is the best super kick in wrestling.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I think it was a supply of soap or something, as the guy who runs Japan’s biggest soap company is a huge wrestling fan who sponsees a bunch of stuff and apparently all the wrestling content on Amazon Prime Japan is funded and booked entirely to cater to his wild money mark inclinations.

drat Masquerade looking like the coolest animes out here

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Diamanté and Estrella doing some real good lucha things here

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh poo poo the Spirit Squad finisher!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Diamanté and Estrella doing some real good lucha things here

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Really liked that match. Dia and Kento were real good throughout.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Okuda is one of the few people in wrestling who comes off as like, legit cool and not just wrestling cool.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

He's got MMA experience, right? Legit badass too.

Think so. He’s also like Ultimo’s nephew or something and he seems to be friends with a poo poo ton of people in the Japanese sports and entertainment world.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Natural Vibes clean sweep coming up!

Was legit not expecting Genki to pull that out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Genki's been around since the early Toryumon days and is one the perennially over veteran midcarders. Originally had a surfer gimmick which he dropped once he started going bald at an early age and turned H A G E into his gimmick. He's almost always associated with Susumu and Saito. Got the backslide over as a legit finisher in his legendary El Numero Uno 2003 run where he beat main eventers Magnum Tokyo and Mochizuki with it in the same night before losing an excellent match against CIMA in the finals. He was head of the booking committee around 2013/2014ish but I don't know if he still is. Think Doi and Yoshino have more of a lead role in that now.

This is their Kobe World 2019 match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Not even YAMATO's Ace energy can big dick us out of *AUDIO MUTED FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS*

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

still can't get over loving Aagan Iisou getting a title shot in 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brother channeling his inner Jack Evens

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brother yasshi makes the same fashion decisions as the first dude I ever bought weed from does.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Love my big Rikishi-loving boy

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shimizu been taking tag team pointers from a certain death match legend

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sometimes it’s not about how much you kick but where you place them

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hell yeah; we get Big Ben colliding tomorrow night.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That Eita match was so good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

loving put that big rear end belt around this man’s waist!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat Masquerade look cool as hell

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

5 Jean-Paul Lévesques

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That entire sequence was bonkers

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah it ruled

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Going into this match I was not expecting the monkey flip to be an integral part of this bout.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

gently caress this rules

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Holy poo poo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I want to be mad but that was like maybe the best match I’ve seen this year and Shun/YAMATO has been a dream gate match I’ve wanted since Shun won it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tapla posted the design sheet for Masquerade's outfits

Cool details on the back.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

That rules. With the way they're hyping up the unit, I almost wonder if Shun's retaining all the way through and they're booking 2021 specifically to be Masquerade's year. Though it could go either way between them and HIGH-END. Tonight is going to be really interesting.

Whoever wins, Minoura is defintely being set up for the next challenge too, so I really don't know what's going down with the Dream Gate tonight.

Full card is out now too.

Speed Star Final Full Card posted:

■6-man Tag Match
Kzy, Keisuke Okuda, & Kota Minoura
 vs
Kaito Ishida, SB KENTo, & Dia Inferno

■Cleanpa Battle Royal
Kenichiro Arai
Yasushi Kanda
Super Shisa
Gamma
Konomama Ichikawa
Shachihoko Boy
Takashi Yoshida
U-T
Problem Dragon
Ho Ho Lun

■8-man Tag Match
Ultimo Dragon, Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, & Ryo Saito
 vs
KAI, KAZMA SAKAMOTO, Diamante, & H・Y・O

■Open the Brave Gate Championship Match
《Champion》Genki Horiguchi
 vs
《Challenger》Kagetora

■Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match
《Champion》Jason Lee & Dragon Dia & La Estrella
 vs
《Challenger》Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi & "brother"YASSHI

■Open the Twin Gate Championship Match
《Champion》Susumu Yokosuka & King Shimizu
 vs
《Challenger》Dragon Kid & Ben-K

■Open the Dream Gate Championship Match
《Champion》Shun Skywalker
 vs
《Challenger》YAMATO

■Tag Match - Masato Yoshino Retirement Match
Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi
 vs
Eita & BxB Hulk

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yoshino is going to hit Eita with an Avalanche Lighting Spiral and disappear in a flash of lightning.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kzy back where he belongs... curtain jerking.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Making the young guys look strong tonight for main event shenanigans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Who is going to have the cleanest toilet bowl leaving Kobe?