Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My immediate list only has 5 shows on it, so this is going to be an interesting challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I watched it all the way through, but iZombie went from being one of my favorite weekly shows to mostly being a chore to watch. Sticking with the brain of the week format just held the story back from every getting interesting.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My list is still only at nine shows, and two of them I am not completely sure of. My goal is to reach ten.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think I have a good solid 15 great shows, the top ten of which is really tight. So I am happy with that.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

adhuin posted:

19. Awake (S1 NBC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfPVoiQKFvk
a Mid-season filler show that never got renewed.
A Nice little mini-series about a detective, who was in a car accident and now alternates between realities,
where either his wife or his son died. Very interesting concept show and the gimmick never got stale,
maybe thanks to the short 13 episode running time.
Was earlier on netflix, but can’t find a streaming service that would show it in Finland anymore :argh:

Awake was so good, it's a show I go back and re-watch often.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
After long thought I decided keep my list to ten shows that I truly love.

10. Game of Thrones

Despite a few missteps in the final season, Game of Thrones is truly a great story and fantasy epic.

9. Lodge 49
A feel good story about a group of severely depressed people hanging out at a lodge. It doesn't sound that interesting, but it just works.

8. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Weird and wacky, Dirk Gently is a fun show.

7. Awake
Jason Isaacs is a police officer who lost either his wife or son in a car accident, and each night when he goes to sleep he switches realities where one of them died and the other didn't.
It's really a nice story about loss.

6. Legion

David Haller is a mutant with god like powers, he's also schizophrenic. Legion is a very weird and cool story.

5. Dispatches from Elsewhere

Four lost people go to rescue Clara from the evil Jejune institute, or perhaps they are just participating in a fun game? Either way it's beautiful.

4. Agents of Shield
The little Marvel show that could. Despite not getting the budget or recognition it deserved, Agents of Shield is an all-round great show.

3. The Good Place
A lot of great things come from the US, comedy is usually not one of those things though. The Good place is very funny, has a great cast and one of the best stories on tv. Without a doubt the best american comedy show ever.

2. Person of Interest

Person of Interest starts off as a good action show, but slowly it morphs into being about two godlike AI's fighting for control of the world. Great action and an excellent cast.

1. Fringe

For five years running John Noble was the best actor on tv. Singlehandedly carrying a good, but not great first season, by season two the other main actors stepped up big time, and the writing became just amazing.
One of the best father/son relationships around and the best science fiction show ever on tv.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Show Me a Hero was very interesting.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I feel like I have heard a lot of praise for Dickinson lately, it never seemed like a show for me, but I think I will give it a shot.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Finding the right list of shows is the hard part, the actual ranking is fun, staring into the soul of your favorite shows to find out how you truly feel about them.
Why wouldn’t you want to rank them?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Thanks for all your hard work Looten Plunder :)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I’m really happy that The Good Place scored so well, it’s a really unique combination of great story, great writing and being extremely funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

GoutPatrol posted:

I can think of a few reasons:

1. People choosing one Mike Schur show instead of both.
2. The small sample size makes it easy to have polling irregularities, you have one more person put it in their top 5 it jumps 15-20 spots, right?
3. SA has trended farther left over the past five years since the show ended, and there are people with leftist political viewpoints who see P&R as something that could only have worked in a pre-Trump landscape.

Parks and Rec had several bad seasons that everyone here seemed to hate, part of the reason the final season was so popular was that it came after a big slump and everyone expected it to be terrible.