Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I might rearrange or replace some of these if I think of anything I missed, but I might not.

20: Haters Back Off
The second season lets it down a bit, because there's an unresolved cliffhanger and the first season had ended perfectly, but it was still good.

19: Last Week Tonight
It's very formulaic and largely concerned with stuff that's not especially relevant to me as a non-American, but the formula works.

18: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
It's never the funniest show, never especially original or innovative, it's just a consistently good time.

17: Archer
The lows are very low, but at its height it was the best thing on TV.

16: Why Women Kill
Funny and painful and tied together perfectly in the end. Just an extremely well-written show.

15: Broad City
Wore out its welcome a little by the end, but at least it did get a proper ending and didn't just drag on until it became unwatchable - looking at you, Letterkenny.

14: Dispatches From Elsewhere
I wasn't entirely sure how to feel about the ending, but on the whole I liked it.

13: WWE NXT
Far from perfect, but so far above every other wrestling show it's not even funny. Why are the rest so loving bad so frequently?

12: The Expanse
I was kind of disappointed that the alien stuff showed up, because it seems unnecessary, but as long as the politics are still the core of the story it's fine.

11: Legion
Very sneaky pretending this was a super hero show to trick people into watching it.

10: Harley Quinn
May be cheating to give it such a high rating compared with something like Archer when it hasn't had the same opportunity to fail.

9: Maniac
Unique and stylish, but with some actual substance to it as well.

8: The Magicians
It doesn't feel right to include this show, because I would never recommend anyone watch it, but it wouldn't feel right to leave it off either. It's just that the first season was so bad. So, so bad. But you can't really just skip it. You need that foundation to appreciate how amazingly good it gets later on. But I don't think it's worth it.

7: Crazy Ex Girlfriend
Very funny and the songs consistently enhance the show rather than just being a gimmick.

6: Gotham
Aside from the first few episodes where it seemed to be pretending to be Law & Order: DC Universe, this show has no restraint. Every character is 110% themself all the time.

5: Misfits
I still occasionally watch Nathan's speech from episode six on YouTube. Sure, the later seasons weren't great, but they were still watchable. And those first couple of seasons were perfect.

4: A Series of Unfortunate Events
One of the rare adaptations that surpasses the original. The books are... ok. The show is perfect.

3: Bojack Horseman
I didn't really get the hype when I watched the first season, but it picks up massively in the second, and the ending is exactly what it should be.

2: Taskmaster
I don't think I could ever get sick of this show. Keep it going forever please.

1: The Good Place
I don't think any TV show or movie has ever blown me away like the end of season one. The fact that it continues to be extremely good after that is just icing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Oasx posted:

I watched it all the way through, but iZombie went from being one of my favorite weekly shows to mostly being a chore to watch. Sticking with the brain of the week format just held the story back from every getting interesting.

The format wasn't the problem. The writing just got really lazy. They stopped bothering to justify anything or connect things together. The effects of each brain were really exaggerated. Characters seemed to forget or overlook things for the sake of keeping the plot on track or to avoid any changes to the status quo.