Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

When trying to make my own list, there was one criteria that I kept falling back on: I wouldn't want to put something in my top 20 where I wasn't willing to sit through every season of it. Because if I couldn't, then why would it be up there?

15. Childrens Hospital (Adult Swim)
Is this a Quibi show before Quibi? I would suggest everyone here watch "Childrens Hospital: A Play in Three Acts" from Season 3, one of the best 10 minutes of television ever.

14. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)
The closest thing to help drive away my 30 Rock pangs, which I felt I couldn't include on the list because it missed too much.

13. Chernobyl (HBO)
The only 1 season/miniseries on my list. Last year on election day, I shut myself off from the rest of the world, disconnected the internet, and just watched this instead, because if I was going to watch a depressing train wreck, I would rather be entertained.

12. Coba Kai (Netflix)
Again, something I never would have expected being any good, somehow was? Not exactly an original thought on the series, sure. The last season did start to dip, but those first two pre-Netflix were great.

11. Stranger Things (Netflix)
Although it peaked in the first season, I am still anticipating what's going to happen here. Hard to tell if this was creating a new trend of retro-80s inspired stuff or was piggy backing on the familiar ideas though.

10. Big Mouth (Netflix)
I'm guessing most people here would say Pen15 is a better breakdown of middle school fears and angst, but I think Big Mouth does it better, even if the animation itself it not that great. Excellent cast.

9. The Terror (AMC)
Fantastic first season that was able to come back with a totally new premise for the next and still slay.

8. Nailed It! (Netflix)
The only game show on my list, it is the most fun of any of the cooking/baking competition shows to me, and the only one I would desperately want to be on myself because I can't bake for poo poo.

7. Game of Thrones (HBO)
Yes, this is including the last couple years that just sucked. Because the peak of this show was about as good as TV can get.

6. Mad Men (AMC)
This is just for the final 3 seasons, because if I could include season 4 in this list it would probably be 2 or 1. My favorite drama of all time, a show that never dipped in quality over its run.

5. The Good Place (NBC)
I'm slotting this just below the other big NBC sitcoms of the decade, even if this show had the best finale. Such an excellent cast all working great together.

4. Parks and Rec (NBC)
Again, hard to not count that 2nd season, but adding Adam Scott and Rob Lowe kicked the show into overdrive (and hey, then you don't need to count the Louie CK episodes too.)

3. Community (NBC)
Would be #1 if I could include the whole series, especially that first season which is close to perfect as I can recall.

2. Rick and Morty (Adult Swim)
Yes, fandom, along with alot of the TVIV thread, has tried to make me hate this show. But I can't.

1. Bob's Burgers (Fox)
This is my comfort food. The show that I go back to more than any other, besides just old Simpsons. The older I get, the more this show speaks to me - and maybe I see too much of myself in Bob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man I forgot about Snake Juice :allears:

Actually legitimately surprised Parks and Rec is so relatively low.

I can think of a few reasons:

1. People choosing one Mike Schur show instead of both.
2. The small sample size makes it easy to have polling irregularities, you have one more person put it in their top 5 it jumps 15-20 spots, right?
3. SA has trended farther left over the past five years since the show ended, and there are people with leftist political viewpoints who see P&R as something that could only have worked in a pre-Trump landscape.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Looten Plunder posted:

Do you have an explanation for The Office? cause whilst it's one of the most popular shows on TV and had a massive following on this site, it didn't receive one vote. Was season 5ish when it started to go downhill?

^Yeah, you can point to the decline of the Office basically starts in 2011, even before Carell left. All the best stuff was in the 2000s, whereas Mad Men is kinda split 50/50 between the decades and Breaking Bad has its best stuff all from the 2010s - it was a series that built and built up until the end.

As for P&R, I would say that 6&7 were weaker compared to what came before, but you could say the same for several other shows on this list (GOT?).