Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
10. Happy! (Syfy)
There weren't many episodes made, but what was made were gold. Whatever Neil Gaiman could get away with on basic cable, he got away with.

9. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
A fun show with lovable characters fighting crime thought time. Of course, it wouldn't exist without...

8. Arrow (The CW)
While meandering in various degrees for swaths of its run, you can't deny that when it hit, it hit.

7. American Dad! (Fox/TBS)
When people say a show runs out of steam after 10 seasons of 20+ episodes, point them to American Dad! The key to the show's success is, in my opinion, being a show overshadowed by the creator's other, more mainstream hit (see also: Futurama).

6. For All Mankind (Apple TV+)
The first episode or two is kind of weak, but it's necessary to get all the real people doing real things out of the way before we hit Apollos 18-75 and beyond. By far the best drama on streaming TV.

5. Veep (HBO)
Political satire was briefly dead, but it got better and now we can watch Veep again and laugh. I know some people think the Thick of It is superior, but Veep has one thing TToI doesn't: a truly satisfying ending.

4. Childrens Hospital (Adult Swim)
Second only to Moral Orel as the most important show Adult Swim has ever produced. Probably the first scripted program to namedrop Earl Sweatshirt.

3. Sunderland 'Til I Die (Netflix)
Most television shows about sports are how, though hard work and a bit of luck, you can achieve great things. Sunderland 'Til I Die is the exact opposite of that. Instead of the warm fuzzies, you leave the show a devastated wreck. What's worse is, there are two seasons of this show, and they both end bad in different ways.

2. Doctor Who (BBC)
Despite being my favorite show, I'm only giving it my number two slot due current show-runner Chris Chibnall fettering away the goodwill the show had with poor storytelling and even worse production schedules. Seasons 32-36 make up for that (season 31 was astounding but is out of the timeframe given) - I could just point to the episode Heaven Sent and call it a day.

1. Watchmen (HBO)
Damon Lindelof pulled off the impossible on multiple fronts - he made a show that was self-contained in nine episodes while respecting and expanding upon a beloved comic book WHILE ALSO shining a light on the Black Wall Street Massacre and the ripples felt to this day. The show was good, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I haven't seen an anime series made this past decade I would put in my Top 10 of television.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Looten Plunder posted:

Which reminds me, i'll fix up those network errors that someone pointed out at the start of the countdown.

I've also gone back and forth on how to handle shows that switch networks. I've tended to go for the network that is the traditional "home" of the show where it was most popular. For example, Epanse is Syfy, Community is NBC, but there are always weird exceptions I don't know how to handle. Do I say Ducktales is DisneyXD or Disney+? Is Wayne still "Youtube" or should it be Amazon now? I altered all the old FXX shows to FX cause who the gently caress watched FXX (You're the Worst, Always Sunny, Legit, Wilfred etc). I don't even want to think about how to handle the HBO Max stuff. Is HBO Max even a network in the context of what we're talking about or is it just a service that shows HBO stuff? (I don't live in the US, so I literally have no idea what HBO Max is)

On HBO Max, there is an HBO hub (for programming that originally airs on HBO, linearly) and a Max Originals hub (for streaming-only shows). Max Originals originate on HBO Max, and none of the Top 50 were Max Originals, so you don't have to worry too hard about that.