Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
What makes you feel that The Americans has an alternate history feel? It is historical fiction but thats not alternate history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Looten Plunder posted:

Seriously though, look at these lists. So few of the shows are streaming shows. And I don't think it's to do with the fact that streaming wasn't around 10 years ago. The shows just don't stick with you the same. Something like Orange is the New Black or Stranger Things would have been part of my life for 3+ months each season if it was weekly. Instead they're over in a couple of days and they didn't even register for consideration as part of my honourable mentions.

Plenty of people engaged BB as a binge. In fact, that is where it went from a weird niche show to "what everybody is watching". While I haven't seen "Halt and Catch Fire" I only know it as something to binge from people outside the IT crowd (SA being enriched for the IT crowd is going to have a selective effect). I don't care for fantasy, but I see The Witcher on a lot of lists. And Bojack. I also notice an absence of The Office which was such a THING when it was weekly but evidently we've also decided that it isn't worth considering/remembering.

Could it be that shows designed to be binged just . . . aren't very good? Look at Another World. It has like a solid SyFy+ budget but it is just dogshit. Same with the weird emo show Netflix did that people loved then forgot.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to sex house!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788493