Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I made this list during lunch at work (I will edit my mistakes as I find them). I hope I didn't miss a show I really loved and I wished I had more time to go into detail about each show.

Honorable Mentions
Since I don't believe that limited series (aka miniseries) should be counted I am listing them in my honorable mentions instead. Watchmen, Chernobyl, Haunting of Hill House (you can debate if that truly fits the definition), and We Are What We Are were all great.

Top 20

20. Downton Abbey - I know it is just really a soap opera, but I still think those first 3 seasons were great and so was the last movie.

19. Better Things - The daughters on the show can be so annoying, but that is the point. A very original, real feeling show.

18. Girls - gently caress the haters, I really enjoyed this show until the end.

17. Boardwalk Empire - It is slightly uneven after season 2, but it peaks big time again in season 4.

16. Spartacus - This show was a blast to watch and I have to give them credit for coming up with a great prequel in hopes of giving Andy Whitfield time to recover.

15. Banshee - Another fun show to watch. It knew what it was and it did it well.

14. High Maintenance - I love the way it just gives you a slight peek into the life of others and moves on.

13. Terrace House - I watched more episodes of this than any other show in my life. It is the only reality show on my list which tells how much I enjoyed it.

12. Master Of None - Really only 2 seasons, but both of them were perfect

11. Patriot - The most criminally under watched show on my list.

10. What We Do In The Shadows - Originally I had no interest in this as a show, but I am so glad I gave it a chance.

9. Barry - At only 2 seasons I feel like I have this too high, but then I remember the Ronnie/Lily episode and I'm like 9th is just right.

8. The Expanse - There is much debate over the drop in quality story wise since season 3. That said I liked both season 4 and 5, and I realize I would take boring Expanse over most other shows.

7. Game of Thrones - The overall outcome of GoT works, the issue with the final season is it was rushed and it wasn't earned like it should have been That said I pretty much enjoyed every season up to that point and I looking at it as a whole, it belongs in my top 10.

6. Mr. Robot - I loved this show and the only reason it is not higher is I didn't like the finale. While not as bad as GoT, it felt like a cop out.

5. The Leftovers- I believe if this show had ran 5 seasons it would be my number 2 show if not 1, but I am glad HBO did at least give us 3 seasons.

4. The Crown - This is show is close to a perfect as any show on my list. Acting, sets, writing, pacing, directing, and so on. Perfection.

3. Breaking Bad - What a ride it was watching this weekly. Truly it was appointment TV at the time.

2. Halt & Catch Fire - I loved this show from the first episode despite the bumpy ride of season 1 (which to me was still a great season). That said from there every season just got better, and it had a near perfect finale.

1. Mad Men - My pick for the greatest show of all-time comes down to 3 shows; The Sopranos, The Wire, and Mad Men. I really miss this show and characters more than any other show over the last decade (just in case AMC has any ideas, please no reboot ever).

My top 3 shows are all AMC shows. It is a shame how far AMC has fallen once it became the TWD channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Escobarbarian posted:

And yeah, I didn’t like Jessica Jones s1. It has a LOT going for it, especially the performances, but the Netflix Marvel pacing was still out in full force and there were a lot of substories and the like I didn’t enjoy at all. Somewhere around about the third time they invented some contrived and/or inexplicable reason for Tennant to escape I just mentally checked out. But obviously it resonated with so so many people and that’s very cool. Hang on wait, is Arist reading this? I MEAN IT SUCKS poo poo I HATED IT

Agreed on JJ s1. If we had an overrated of the decade for me it would be either Westworld s1 or JJ s1. I’m not saying I’m right or they are wrong of course. It’s just the way it is.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Man forgot all about Love. That was a great show with a great cast.