Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It's going to be so hard not to be hung up on the last couple of years...
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
gently caress gently caress gently caress idk here at the wire:

TVIV Top 10 2010-2020

15. The Masked Singer
Not always sure what in the Hunger Games is happening, but this continues to be a dumb, fun show.

14. Tosh.0
A staple of my media diet for more than a decade, Tosh.0 deserves to be in my top 10. After a gimmick going back to the first episode of closing the third act with “we’ll be right back with more...” and then he would name a show that had been cancelled by Comedy Central; Daniel Tosh finally got to say “we’ll be right back with more Tosh.0.”

13. Archer
A return to form after the meanderings of the coma seasons! I’m really enjoying the old setting, even though I loved the season-long vignettes!

12. The Boys
You can’t leave us here!
A deconstruction of the superhero genre, and specifically the Marvel/Disney machine, this gritty and gory adaptation was wonderfully fun! Karl Urban shines, as usual diving into his character head first.

11. The Witcher
Spare a coin for your Witcher...
This was a surprise hit at the end of the year. Mature, but with a good mix of what Game of Thrones was always lacking: some levity. It also passes the Bechdel Test in the first episode, so an improvement over the first game!

10. Neebs Gaming
World Peace
Another year with this as a constant staple of my media diet! With regular series premiering new content four days a week, this is an easy “get home, decompress” channel. Half machinama and half Let’s Play, this gang romps through different survival games having adventures and friendships. This year, Neebs has been learning more Spanish, which came in handy when they started a PvP Ark series on an EU server.

9. Dark
A satisfying time travel show. Ending was even okay! Watch in the original German!

8. Watchmen
Trust in the Law!
It says something great about this show’s writing, and something terrible about our society, that this is the first time I’ve seen the 1921 Tusla Massacre put to film. Using the lens of racial violence and generational trauma. Don’t let people tell you the show didn’t stick the landing simply because it decides to discuss those topics, rather than solve them.

7. The Last Kingdom
My favorite, now somewhat of a guilty pleasure, swords and sandals show! Uhtred has to keep doing dumb things to keep himself historically relevant and near the action, but I love him anyways! Destiny is All!

6. Rick and Morty
They made fun of their own, stupid, alt-right fans. A continually wonderful show that keeps me laughing and thinking!

5. Attack on Titan
...the sea.
This show continues to engage and surprise me. The big twist came and I never saw it coming. Fantastic stuff! Another way to put it: on the same Sunday, two shows killed long beloved characters by crushing them with rocks and only one was satisfying. :rip: in peace, Erwin. gently caress You, Game of Thrones.

4. Westworld
I love this dumb, robot show.

3. Avenue 5
This was too real. Like Babe Ruth pointing to the outfield, Avenue 5 perfectly captures the zeitgeist of 2020 and predicted how lovely it would all get...

2. The Expanse
...it reaches out.
Saved by Amazon. Cancelled by Amazon. It’s the best SciFi of the decade and maybe the best sci-fi show ever.

1. Chernobyl
Every atom of uranium is like a bullet...
Timeless. Prescient. This is what Prestige Television is all about. Using the patina of an ‘80s horror film, the monster in this is not only real, but invisible. The shriek of the Geiger Counter spells doom for all who hear it. Entertaining and terrible, Craig Mazin (of the Scary Movie franchise and Hangover sequels) proves that having Ted Cruz as a roommate can be good for something.

I stan a legend, and Jared Harris continues his streak of phenomenal performances. Honestly ashamed this isn’t everybody’s number one...