Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

tokin opposition posted:

It's me, I'm the ally flag gatekeeper. Answer me the riddles three and you too can wave the worst pride flag

I can't believe you're going to make the new guy carry the Walmart flag around but, you know. I guess we all gotta go through the gauntlet in our own ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

realizing i was bi also mean never having to wonder if was being an ally correctly :v:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

cruft

Hey I just wanted to drop in and thank y'all, but mostly How Wonderful, for my recent victory in not being an out of touch old person.

I was just in Starbucks and recognized the tiny trans flag someone had jammed behind the espresso machine.

Yay me!

Also, we keep buying new pride flags for the church every year even though I haven't registered with the gay flag gatekeeper yet :ohdear:

cruft

I also flew a French flag a few years ago when their presidential election results were announced even though I'm not French :ohdear:

Just ordered a planet earth flag but I think I'm in the clear on that one.

cruft

I like flags, okay

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Lust after my discovery at Jewels, you thirsty beasts.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Bullshit

They brought it back? I loved the blackberry version

Queen-Of-Hearts

I'm convinced that a hallucination is chilling in the fridge, and come evening weed time, it's gonna be just like after walking home from White Hen. I don't care if i'm imagining it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

CHRIST, GET IT IN MY BODY

THAT'S THE HOLY GRAIL

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress, Dierbergs has it. I work right by a Dierbergs. Welp. Gonna be a noisy drive home tomorrow.

Queen-Of-Hearts

I'm going to astral project you a sip. Tune in around 6pm CST or so.

Gramps

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

oh sweet lordy its back I'm tempted to put a pallet of it on my credit card

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gramps posted:

oh sweet lordy its back I'm tempted to put a pallet of it on my credit card

If you think I am not about to do this

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Literally just looked at my credit report and sighed and decided I don't need to refinance, I need a lifetime supply of the blackberry sugar water

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

Literally just looked at my credit report and sighed and decided I don't need to refinance, I need a lifetime supply of the blackberry sugar water

Why am I rationalizing this myself? Can it possibly be as good as we all remember? If I had more friends locally I'd throw a drat clearly canadian rager and have everyone take home a few cases but as it sits I'm gonna just daydream about it until I find it in stock somewhere.

Mods new rule if you find CC and don't at least post about it you're perma'd

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I straight up called Dierbergs, I'm buying twenty cases.

I have no shame. And probably very little money. Don't care.

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

I straight up called Dierbergs, I'm buying twenty cases.

I have no shame. And probably very little money. Don't care.

if I find it anywhere nearby I'm doing the same

cant wait to see the pics of your hoard

Zil

I may or may not have bought a 12 pack from HEB just now

more falafel please

forums poster

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

I'm convinced that a hallucination is chilling in the fridge, and come evening weed time, it's gonna be just like after walking home from White Hen. I don't care if i'm imagining it.

gently caress, I miss white hen

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cruft

If you put vodka in this stuff, would you get BYOB claw?

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
We just got back from the wedding... it went pretty well although Bingo Bango had some hard grapples with mezcal. This was my first wedding post-transition and my first sober wedding so... a weird mix. I love my brother but he also went to a boys' prep school and has always had kind of irritating friends, but it was not a big problem. I liked the bonhomie of the bridal suite, hanging out all day getting our hair and makeup done.

I do get very emotional at weddings and we all had fake eyelashes stuck on, and I literally cried my eyelashes off when my brother had his dance with my mom. And when I was finally allowed to take my heels off after dinner my feet were the grossest things I'd ever seen, all cut up and gnarly, from about eight hours of wearing them and a grueling hour of stomping all over the hillsides for photoshoots with them.

I can't really say if I looked good or not. Lots of people were chatty with me and said they liked how I look, but who knows how many of them were trying to be encouraging or nice or not just wreck a nice vibe. Maybe BB will log in and weigh in but who knows, she's eating pizza and looking serious.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Queen-Of-Hearts

friends, it's the clearly canadian we all remember. it's perfect.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Clearly Canadian is on hold, I may be going to Oklahoma. Send good vibes, please, I'm begging you. This is bad.

Zil

Sending all the good vibes I can spare. I hope things turn out well for you.

tokin opposition

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Mormon Nailer posted:

Clearly Canadian is on hold, I may be going to Oklahoma. Send good vibes, please, I'm begging you. This is bad.

Sending a kiloBobRoss to your location stat, hope all is well

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Mormon Nailer posted:

I can't believe you're going to make the new guy carry the Walmart flag around but, you know. I guess we all gotta go through the gauntlet in our own ways.

I want to upgrade my bi-card and have it back-dated. Is thinking Jude Law is so hot you would bang him but being unlikely to do so on the grounds of never being likely to cross paths with Jude Law a full 1% bi? Like, it's not a full 1% gay. But maybe 1% bi and 99% straight.

Aiming for a full (no rounding up!) 3% so that it doesn't just seem like a rounding error.

tokin opposition

I'm reading gay mangas at work and it rules

Now if only these pesky customers would leave me alone

cruft

Bright Bart posted:

I want to upgrade my bi-card and have it back-dated. Is thinking Jude Law is so hot you would bang him but being unlikely to do so on the grounds of never being likely to cross paths with Jude Law a full 1% bi? Like, it's not a full 1% gay. But maybe 1% bi and 99% straight.

Aiming for a full (no rounding up!) 3% so that it doesn't just seem like a rounding error.

It is my humble opinion that the set of people you would make out with is something that can change from day to day, and that's okay.

Like, have you seen the Gender Wiki? This, to my mathematician brain, looks like an attempt to define discrete regions of a dataset with little to no actual clustering.

Bright Bart

cruft posted:

It is my humble opinion that the set of people you would make out with is something that can change from day to day, and that's okay.

Like, have you seen the Gender Wiki? This, to my mathematician brain, looks like an attempt to define discrete regions of a dataset with little to no actual clustering.

Not just make out. Straight up bang. Which may be less intimate to some than straight up sex alongside making out but there you go.

Logistics again. Travel plans. Who is paying for dinner? Do I have to go to get pre-exposure prophylaxis or does he provide it?

Since we're talking numbers ideally I'd get up to just over 7 percent gay so it's clearly not close to a p value of over 0.05. But it seems like a lot of work.

tokin opposition

Peer reviewing my gender (it rules)

cruft

Bright Bart posted:

Not just make out. Straight up bang. Which may be less intimate to some than straight up sex alongside making out but there you go.

Logistics again. Travel plans. Who is paying for dinner? Do I have to go to get pre-exposure prophylaxis or does he provide it?

Since we're talking numbers ideally I'd get up to just over 7 percent gay so it's clearly not close to a p value of over 0.05. But it seems like a lot of work.

Yeah, and what I'm saying is that measuring % gayness maybe isn't very meaningful. Like, I guess if you'd never seen a Jellyfish before, you might want to talk about what % sheep it is, but that's not, ultimately, a very useful perspective.

I think what I'm trying to say here is you should feel free to declare any number you like.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
At the end of the day labels are just labels, they really don't matter. Like who you like, smooj who you smooj, it's all good. Forcing yourself to hit arbitrary targets so you can classify yourself as queer is kinda weird

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Bright Bart

Rarity posted:

At the end of the day labels are just labels, they really don't matter. Like who you like, smooj who you smooj, it's all good. Forcing yourself to hit arbitrary targets so you can classify yourself as queer is kinda weird

Oh no I'm not that serious about it. Maybe only when the one loud voice in a crowded room is like "Straight people can't talk about guys being hot it's appropriating our sexual orientation" in which case mostly everyone openly queer looks at them like they are being straight up ridiculous and I don't have to.

But sometimes yeah you want to be like "No I am pretty sure I do get it even if I'm unlikely to be seen smooj-ing a dude and my girlfriend is unlikely to be seen smooj-ing a dudette for the reasons I've enumerated above.

e: Also don't weird shame me! My spirit animal is the bear but my spirit rapper is Gucci Mane so weirdo it is and that's fine too.

cruft posted:

Yeah, and what I'm saying is that measuring % gayness maybe isn't very meaningful. Like, I guess if you'd never seen a Jellyfish before, you might want to talk about what % sheep it is, but that's not, ultimately, a very useful perspective.

But that's what I'm getting at! Though I'm not sure I have the right to say that outright and force everyone to believe it. The numbers have limited value apart from maybe outing the person who says "I hate queers I am 100% straight" as likely very confused about what year we're living in.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 23, 2021

cruft

Bright Bart posted:

But that's what I'm getting at! Though I'm not sure I have the right to say that outright and force everyone to believe it. The numbers have limited value apart from maybe outing the person who says "I hate queers I am 100% straight" as likely very confused about what year we're living in.

It is a time of social transition for how people understand themselves.

Also I am 100% in need of a snack rn, but I can't because I'm on the "stop eating a bunch of poo poo" diet.

Better go spice up some water.

How Wonderful!

I forgot the weirdest part of the wedding weekend, which is that my brother and his wife wanted a Catholic wedding, mostly because of her side and because my brother wanted to do the ceremony at his high-school chapel. So that was weird to begin with as a trans woman with a wife. But at the rehearsal dinner the priest showed up and my mom, out of kindness, decided to invite him to come sit at the table for relatives on my brother's side, so my wife and I had this long surreal dinner conversation with a priest who just made the snap assumption that we were my brother's two heretofore undisclosed sisters. This was not a hip young priest either judging by a homily the next day which was uhh astonishing. Anyway eventually Bingo Bango couldn't take it anymore and pretended to have a phonecall from her dad and then the priest caught on part of the way and got flustered and started telling a long anecdote about why he was afraid of deer.

cruft

How Wonderful! posted:

I forgot the weirdest part of the wedding weekend, which is that my brother and his wife wanted a Catholic wedding, mostly because of her side and because my brother wanted to do the ceremony at his high-school chapel. So that was weird to begin with as a trans woman with a wife. But at the rehearsal dinner the priest showed up and my mom, out of kindness, decided to invite him to come sit at the table for relatives on my brother's side, so my wife and I had this long surreal dinner conversation with a priest who just made the snap assumption that we were my brother's two heretofore undisclosed sisters. This was not a hip young priest either judging by a homily the next day which was uhh astonishing. Anyway eventually Bingo Bango couldn't take it anymore and pretended to have a phonecall from her dad and then the priest caught on part of the way and got flustered and started telling a long anecdote about why he was afraid of deer.

I know this must have been uncomfortable for you, but the way you told it made it pretty amusing to me. Hopefully, Internet Strangers getting a chuckle out of it is an all right outcome.

How Wonderful!

It was very funny to me, I even took communion the next day just to see if they'd let me

cruft

How Wonderful! posted:

It was very funny to me, I even took communion the next day just to see if they'd let me

I only took communion once, when I was staying with my grandparents. I had no idea what was going on but I asked if I could have another cracker, because I was kind of hungry and it was weird to only give the kids one each.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The only time I've ever been offered communion, I was a kid and at a funeral and I said "oh no thanks, I'm not a cannibal" and anyway nobody's invited me to a Catholic funeral since then.

I didn't understand that transubstantiation was not actually cannibalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

How Wonderful! posted:

sounds like he had the wrong ideer about who was who :v:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him