Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for July, 2021?
This poll is closed.
:vd: Shingo Takagi (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 25 25.77%
Miyu Yamashita (Princess of Princess Champion) 3 3.09%
:sweep: Kenny Omega (AEW World Champion) 8 8.25%
Utami Hayashishita (World of Stardom Champion) 1 1.03%
:yohoho: Minoru Fujita (Super Asia Champion) 5 5.15%
:viconia: Jake Lee (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:smugdog: Roman Reigns (WWE Universal Champion) 1 1.03%
:thurman: Bianca Belair (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 1.03%
:anime: Bobby Lashley (WWE Champion) 0 0%
Naomichi Marufuji (GHC Champion) 0 0%
:pkmnwhy: Rhea Ripley (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:troll: Charlotte Flair (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:sg: Nikki A.S.H (Raw Women's Champion) 1 1.03%
Asuka/VENY (FORMER Beyond the SEA Champion) 1 1.03%
:zoro: Ryo Mizunami (Beyond the SEA Champion) 0 0%
:unsmigghh: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (AEW Women's Champion) 3 3.09%
:zerg: Rush (FORMER ROH World Champion) 0 0%
:jihad: Bandido (ROH World Champion) 0 0%
Shun Skywalker (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 3 3.09%
:murder: Nick Gage (FORMER GCW Champion) 4 4.12%
:rodimus: Matt Cardona (GCW Champion) 37 38.14%
:smaug: Drew Parker (BJW Death Match Heavyweight Champion 3 3.09%
:aaaaa: None of the Above 1 1.03%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shun not winning a single month :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given that Matt Cardona is the originator if the Internet Championship belt, and this is a Championship from off of the Internet, do you think he knows of his victory here?

And if not, I think it would be right and proper to inform him of it. Coz ... y'know "internet".

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, and counting Impact since Kenny is their champion too, that's 5 different promotions represented this year already. Technically 6 if you count AAA, even though Kenny hasn't defended the belt once all year. The previous 2 years topped out at 5 promotions each, so I wonder if this year will break that mark?

Just for reference, since I like tracking this every year:

Currently 2021 has five different promotions represented (NJPW, WWE, AEW, Impact, GCW), and I'm counting Impact for Kenny since he clearly won for it in April when he became double champion. This is the first time a TNA/Impact champion has won since Bully Ray in March 2013, and in an amusing bit of irony for TNA, it's basically just a technicality with the guy holding belts in multiple promotions.

If another promotion wins then 2021 will be the most diverse year ever. As it stands it's tied at five with several other years.

2020: NJPW, AEW, NOAH, SEAdLINNNG, TJPW
2019: NJPW, WWE, AJPW, AEW, ROH
2015: WWE, NJPW, LU, ROH, DG

There's only one other year with at least four promotions represented

2017: NJPW, WWE, STARDOM, ROH

Every other year is three or fewer, mostly just cycling between WWE, NJPW, and ROH, with TNA getting a couple of odd wins in.

In short, it's a very good thing that people are voting for more stuff and we're seeing a more diverse field in recent years.

Benne fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 5, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Looking at those promotions, this is also the year with the most American promotions represented. (North American? Is Impact still Canadian?)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Every time I see the list of former winners I'm chuffed all over again that Arisa Nakajima won a month last year, she's absolutely incredible

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks Benne, that stat stuff is cool :)

Also we have definitive proof that Arisa Nakajima is a bigger, more popular and successful star than John Cena ever was :hai:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I'm still smiling at Bryan Alvarez having to explain that the GCW audience was mad because Nick Gage was beaten by "the woo woo guy"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Looking at those promotions, this is also the year with the most American promotions represented. (North American? Is Impact still Canadian?)

They've been running Nashville since the pandemic started. I think they were only a "Canadian" promotion in the sense that Anthem was based in Toronto before they bought AXS and merged operations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, Anthem is a Canadian television company and the Impact brass are Canadians, but their operations stick pretty close to Nashville thanks to the pandemic.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Not a fan of the G1 rule, and haven't been in forever.

If a tournament with title implications (that the champ doesn't even have to participate in, see the AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament month) is enough to get a champ on the poll, then that's basically saying that a #1 contender's match will be enough to put a champ on the poll.

The G1 rule mostly seems like a relic of when there were only like 5 options (and that was including the Shinsuke Nakamura championship for being Shinsuke Nakamura), so the choices were very limited, but now, even this month's poll is named too many options, so I don't think we have that problem anymore.

I see the merits of keeping it, but I've always found it a bad rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna lol if the only WWE winner this year is the Miz's joke two-week reign