Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sassy Witch
This poll is closed.
Magilou 33 28.45%
Oddium 9 7.76%
All of them 15 12.93%
All of them (except the problematic ones) 30 25.86%
metis, whose birthday is this month 12 10.34%
Metis cannot stop editing polls 17 14.66%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Psychonauts 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there any point to a Series X at this time? I know it's possible they will have some use in the future, but right now? I've got a friend who was thinking of getting one and I am pushing him towards a PS5 for obvious reasons. Game pass is not a viable reason, so skip that. Cheap games isn't a selling point. Games he can't already play on a PC are.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

cheetah7071 posted:

If you have a gaming PC there isn't really a point in PS5 or xbox. Switch+PC covers basically everything right now.

You can play Ratchet & Clank and Demon's Souls on PC or Switch? And Returnal? Or all the PS4 exclusives?

Craziness.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He had a 360 and says the Series X is easier to get. He doesn't make the wisest decisions sometimes. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. AFAIK, bethesda will maybe start releasing exclusives for the console only. Maybe. It just seems that MS doesn't care about console exclusives. They want things on their platform(s).

Oh yeah, and he says that there is good backwards compatibility on the Series X with 360 and OG Xbox games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd never played a Mega Man so I got the Legacy collection for $6. I played through #1 with a decent amount of save states / rewind. It was tough but doable.

Then I tried 2. I think I may have been able to beat that when I was younger but now it was hard as balls. I got through it but towards the end it was rewind, rewind, rewind, got em, save, repeat. The first stage of Wily was loving HARD. God drat.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zaphod42 posted:

The thing about old school Mega Mans is they rely on a bit of repetition and learning to predict things, (partially to pad out the game length) and also lots of tricks with learning what all works well where.

Knowing which weapons are effective against which robot masters can make things trivial that otherwise seem ridiculously hard.

In my experience all the NES ones are hard but doable and fun up until Wily stages and then things get ridiculous, yeah. 1 is the simplest and has the most cheap death pits IIRC.

Definitely play 3 onwards where you get the slide, it makes things feel much better IMO.

And if you haven't play MMX its the best one and the dash feels amaaaazing.

I'll keep going. I bought Legacy 2 and MMX 1, as well. I'd read that that's the best of the MM stuff. Also, the other stuff wasn't on sale.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have no nostalgia for Mega Man to cloud my judgment. If/When I get through this bunch of games, I'll let you know which is actually the best one.

So far, they are both bad. 2 has more item drops which is definitely helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Psychonauts 2 is awesome. Gonna savor this.