Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Build the lad a pyramid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Hey we found the white paper!

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I hope there's a follow-up to this study when Salah leaves.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

half cocaine posted:

I hope there's a follow-up to this study when Salah leaves.

I wonder what kind of effect he has on rival teams. Are their fans more racist because he's there?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pik_d posted:

I wonder what kind of effect he has on rival teams. Are their fans more racist because he's there?

Almost certainly

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

what if you put salah and suarez on the same team, though

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

open questions to be sure. worthy of academic study and analysis

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Burn football to the ground

https://twitter.com/josephmdurso/status/1426481935652691972?s=19

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

how much would it cost for TRP to sponsor a club, and how much more would it be to sponsor a club that isn't Newcastle

please advise

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The Jizz Hornkamp: official posting partner of the Barclays Premier League.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A couple of cracking goals in that Watford game. Headline writers all over the country praying that Emmanuel Dennis carries on being good so they can blow the dust off the 'dennis the menace' 'anyone for dennis' lines they've had in storage since bergkamp left

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I gotta say, it's incredible how much space Bruno got when Kalvin Phillips wasn't on the field. Leeds is like a completely different team without him.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

the sex ghost posted:

A couple of cracking goals in that Watford game. Headline writers all over the country praying that Emmanuel Dennis carries on being good so they can blow the dust off the 'dennis the menace' 'anyone for dennis' lines they've had in storage since bergkamp left

Watford just have to hope Dennis doesn't start to think he'll be heading straight to City next year. Good footballer but he has no self awareness

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

I gotta say, it's incredible how much space Bruno got when Kalvin Phillips wasn't on the field. Leeds is like a completely different team without him.

You might say that Leeds had someone totally Koching up their midfield balance.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ah, good old Souness

https://twitter.com/mufcscoop/status/1426881335814238208?s=21

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How many dabs did he do

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

How many dabs did he do

Calm down Graeme.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I made a similar point in the gameday thread, but it helps a lot that the Leeds defence likes to push up and leave 40 yards between them and the keeper. Pogba is *in a Carlsberg voice* probably the best player in the world at being able to play a one-touch 50-yard pass in behind directly to the feet of an Mbappe or a Shola Shoretire from the edge of his own box.

The problem is when he's up against one stationary bank of four and one stationary bank of five (particularly where United have had no width), where he'll just run into bodies and lose the ball or try and flick the ball past eight men and lose the ball, and then Graeme Souness starts hootin' and hollerin' and jumping on his hat

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

FullLeatherJacket posted:

how much would it cost for TRP to sponsor a club, and how much more would it be to sponsor a club that isn't Newcastle

please advise

Hey listen I'll be wearing my *squints* Castore home strip with pride this 21/22 season.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lol he's obsessed

e: also lol we didn't need to sign Sancho because Greenwood

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 15, 2021

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He’s not wrong.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xabi posted:

He’s not wrong.

¿Porque no los dos?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why did he get his teeth so loving white, it's incredibly distracting.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Frankston posted:

Its to blind defenders

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Eric Cantonese posted:

Stan Kroenke should NOT visit Rwanda.

https://twitter.com/PaulKagame/status/1426291510190952462
https://twitter.com/PaulKagame/status/1426295035469963272
https://twitter.com/PaulKagame/status/1426297937680871434

But the rest of you should VISIT RWANDA.

In case it's not obvious, this is the President of Rwanda.

Amazing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I want to know who the 3.1% are

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
every club has contrarians. or maybe they think the only alternative is the saudis and would rather have ashley and smh imagine not wanting your club to be owned by people who murder journalists

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

smh imagine not wanting your club to be owned by people who murder journalists

Jose, I believe you are one of the few single issue voters in this respect.

Follow-up question - if Ashley dismembered journos, not just drunkenly barf into fireplaces or fail to reinvest money into the club, would you support his ownership?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it would have made the joe kinnear press conference even more entertaining thats for sure

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Kinda lolworthy that only like one percent fewer Manchester utd fans want their owners to leave than arsenal fans. Arsenal are now a miserable club with literally nothing to look forward to, whereas utd came second last year, spunk loads of money on decent players, and are in champs league again this year.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Frankston posted:

they're the only things white enough for Souness

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

Kinda lolworthy that only like one percent fewer Manchester utd fans want their owners to leave than arsenal fans. Arsenal are now a miserable club with literally nothing to look forward to, whereas utd came second last year, spunk loads of money on decent players, and are in champs league again this year.

The glazers are absolute leeches who bought the club with the clubs own money and has cost the club ~£1.5b in debt, interest and dividends.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The Perfect Element posted:

That's very much despite the Glazers rather than because of them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just remembered Lukaku will be making his Chelsea return against arsenal, posting a preemptive f for the poor gunners

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Why is Lukaku getting hyped up so much? He wasn’t a game changer for ManU.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

The Kingfish posted:

Since when has that been the bar for anything?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
double post

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

I feel like he's being set up to fail the way everyone is talking about him going to chelsea to be a number 9 holding up play. That's not Lukaku, he's basically a tank-shaped michael owen.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

*big ron voice* you can sit there and play with all your silly machines as much as you like, big rom is going to have a Lovely Old Time against what's basically Ben White and some training cones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheRat posted:

I feel like he's being set up to fail the way everyone is talking about him going to chelsea to be a number 9 holding up play. That's not Lukaku, he's basically a tank-shaped michael owen.

Chelsea's top scorer last year was Jorginho with about seven goals.

Lukaku will bang them in and fans of the Chels will be happy about it