Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

A little back story here:
A local music store gets items damaged in shipment and they throw them in the dumpster out back. I occasionally check it out and fix what I can.

Supervisor inspecting my work

This was a body and neck that were found on 2 different outings.
The neck was originally from a bolt on model of the guitar while the body was a set neck body.
The neck area in the body was damaged I cut out the damaged wood and glued in a blockto rebuild a neck tenon area.

Sanded and filled in the grain on the body and shot some lacquer on it.

Let it cure for about a month and wet sanded and polished the finish and reassembled it.

I found this the other night minus the head stock I've got a few spare ones from other damaged necks I should be able to graft one onto it.

Cool thread! I like seeing broken poo poo get fixed instead of thrown out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU