Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTUPtvMGBxM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sub-Actuality posted:

yes. and I still think it's maybe the best looking 3d zelda. the fools !!

i honestly can’t think of a better looking GC game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahaha

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Got to second temple, skyward sword is really fun so far and it’s a shame about the og release controls

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Going back to grandmas in ww for her vastly superior soups

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

a Loving Dog posted:

Got to second temple, skyward sword is really fun so far and it’s a shame about the og release controls

i’ve only just got my bird but wasn’t really wowed by the game so far. this makes me want to maybe keep going.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

President Beep posted:

i’ve only just got my bird but wasn’t really wowed by the game so far. this makes me want to maybe keep going.

to be fair it’s probably a lot more enjoyable if you were forced to suffer through the Wii controls originally

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Sub-Actuality posted:

to be fair it’s probably a lot more enjoyable if you were forced to suffer through the Wii controls originally

I didn’t even make it to the first temple on the Wii because the controls were so bad.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

gently caress, not good. i’m emulating it but using actual wii controls.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

President Beep posted:

You can maybe remap the sword swings to a gamepad? I’m not sure how it would work as I’ve never emulated Wii games before

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

i thought the controls were the only good part of the game but the Wiimote had all kinds of problems. if there was too much light in your room it'd gently caress up etc.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

You can maybe remap the sword swings to a gamepad? I’m not sure how it would work as I’ve never emulated Wii games before

yeah, i do think the dolphin emulator has provisions for that but i bet it’ll be about as pleasant as slamming my nards in a dresser drawer. i’ll probably just stick with the og wii controls. no biggie really.

say la vee.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
skyward bored.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ArfJason posted:

skyward bored.

this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
skyward sword controls were fine it was the game part of it that sucked

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Lmfao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I strongly disagree and think skyward is fun. It’s nice to see all the stuff they took from it and put into botw as well

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

I strongly disagree and think skyward is fun. It’s nice to see all the stuff they took from it and put into botw as well

Ice-T @FINALLEVEL 3m Congratulations, you fell for the marketing. Clown Patrol on one Today... 🤡

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ice-T @FINALLEVEL 3m Congratulations, you fell for the marketing. Clown Patrol on one Today... 🤡

What’s that I can’t hear you over all these titties I’m suckin

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

no the motion controls were also bad

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

no the motion controls were also bad

by definition

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been playing BotW recently, just rediscovering everything. Sucks that there isnt really any way to play OoT or MM on the switch, because I never gave them a fair shake in the past.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Watched Tank Girl tonight. This post is epic and rings true.

President Beep posted:

Jokes aside- can u explain your setup? GF is playing Wind Waker on Dolphin rn, I think I'm about to start Twilight Princess for the first time using the same emulator. Are u using mouse + keyboard or PC gamecon? What's good with emulating actual Wii controls? Sup

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sure thing! for the wii you just pair the wiimote with your computer and then tell dolphin you’re using the real thing irl (as opposed to emulating one) and it takes care of itself from there. hook up a cheapo ir sensor bar and u r golden.

for gamecube stuff i think any old controller will work but I’m personally using a Power A wired switch controller. you’ll need to do some tedious button mapping in dolphin if you do that or you can get a power a gamecube-clone and map the buttons just as they’re intended. if it wasn’t for needed motion control to play skyward sword, super mario bros wii, etc. then I’d probably just try and use the wired controller for both systems. Gotta have my waggle tho.

hope this helps. I’ve just bumbled through all of this bullshit so hit me up if you have other questions.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

ArfJason posted:

skyward bored.

Rude.

Thank u President Beep. I failed to realize USB Gamecube controllers were a thing....... We both have official Xbox controllers and have just kind of adapted to the mismatch between Gamecube game inputs and the actual controllers we've been using. Good looks on the Wiimote poo poo- had no idea it was that easy to interface official Nimtemdo products with Computer.

Final question for Gamers- can I still use two candles in place of a Wii sensor bar, despite the fact that I'm useing Wiimote on PC? I relied on this Witchcraft method for many years with an actual Wii console, just curious if there are problems using deez flames on Computer.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

should work fine. my sensor bar isn’t connected to my computer at all so there’s no interface stuff to worry about.

oh! everything i read online said to use an actual nintendo brand wiimote. apparently dolphin doesn’t like some third party ones. dunno how common problems are tho.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Skyward Sword on wii is constantly calibrating using the sensor bar so you do wanna be pointing towards it most if not all of the time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

omg

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

mkvltra posted:

Watched Tank Girl tonight. This post is epic and rings true.

Jokes aside- can u explain your setup? GF is playing Wind Waker on Dolphin rn, I think I'm about to start Twilight Princess for the first time using the same emulator. Are u using mouse + keyboard or PC gamecon? What's good with emulating actual Wii controls? Sup

You should use CEMU and emulate the Wii U version of TP. It looks better overall, plus that way you get HD hud and text, plus the nice gameplay updates like shorter bug sections and much faster climbing.

Edit: You can aim with certain items if you're using a controller with gyro, like a Switch Pro controller, but it's optional. Feels really good though, I'd recommend setting it up if you can

Big Bizness fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 5, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Skyward Sword on wii is constantly calibrating using the sensor bar so you do wanna be pointing towards it most if not all of the time

you should turn 360 degrees and walk away

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I can’t remember if I got majoras mask first or gameboy links awakening. I really liked majoras mask but a young gamer embarrassment for me is that I never really made it very far in because I couldn’t figure out a lot of the puzzles lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

you should turn 360 degrees and walk away

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

smdh

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

This dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bruh.