Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

botw has so much emergent behavior. it's like the dwarf fortress of zelda games. See a dog? drop meat in front of him and now he loves you. start prairer fires and use your leaf to blow them into monster skull forts. Cut trees down to kill monsters in tragic forestry accidents. I hope they expand on that and also let whoever made hyrule castle make more for-real dungeons in the sequel.

Also wind waker is an excellent game just top tier fun. crack a little smile every time i remember the sploosh/kaboom guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

b_d posted:

as an insufferable nerd i have to point out that those aren't really examples of emergent behavior.

appreciate the correction friend. Game always feels like there's something I could do with whatever I'm looking at and that was neat, whatever the game design people word is for that

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

its called gameplay and it freaking rules

Bicyclops posted:

shigeru Miyamoto: I want there to be something interesting up all of these trees. I'm climbing every one to be sure.

Todd Howard: just set the rest of the main quests to a radiant objective in that one car factory with raiders.

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I think fishing in the new BotW would be a lot of fun. There's a lot of fun in the first one from just being a weird grubby little woodsman and that fits with it.

also i want fishing shrines

copy
Jul 26, 2007

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

put a piece of cooked meat on as bait and sit down with it dangling off a cliff so moblins slam into the cliff side

hop on a stalmoblin's shoulders and dangle its head in front of him to ride in style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i love wind waker. the stealth section stressed my little siblings out so much that I always got to play it for them whenever they started a new game. Game owns tremendously