Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hi imp zone zelda thread. i recently got a switch lite after not having a console for years and years and also got breath of the wild. it’s so drat good and probably my favorite game pretty much ever.

I’ve also been emulating skyward sword and twilight princess since i missed out on them first time around and i gotta say, botw really um…spoiled me. Alas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
anyway I’m here to chill out and talk zelda.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ngl, the links awakening re-release on switch looks nice as hell.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m a big loving idiot so both of those things would have stumped me, lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nature uh….finds a way

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow this dungeon looks like a swastika from the air

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

link, have you ever been to a gerudo prison? Do you like to watch old tingle movies?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

drat. I still remember when ocarina of time came out. so much energy and excitement.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

remember when people were all pissed off about wind waker’s cell shading? pathetic.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

yes. and I still think it's maybe the best looking 3d zelda. the fools !!

i honestly can’t think of a better looking GC game

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

Got to second temple, skyward sword is really fun so far and it’s a shame about the og release controls

i’ve only just got my bird but wasn’t really wowed by the game so far. this makes me want to maybe keep going.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

to be fair it’s probably a lot more enjoyable if you were forced to suffer through the Wii controls originally

gently caress, not good. i’m emulating it but using actual wii controls.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

You can maybe remap the sword swings to a gamepad? I’m not sure how it would work as I’ve never emulated Wii games before

yeah, i do think the dolphin emulator has provisions for that but i bet it’ll be about as pleasant as slamming my nards in a dresser drawer. i’ll probably just stick with the og wii controls. no biggie really.

say la vee.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sure thing! for the wii you just pair the wiimote with your computer and then tell dolphin you’re using the real thing irl (as opposed to emulating one) and it takes care of itself from there. hook up a cheapo ir sensor bar and u r golden.

for gamecube stuff i think any old controller will work but I’m personally using a Power A wired switch controller. you’ll need to do some tedious button mapping in dolphin if you do that or you can get a power a gamecube-clone and map the buttons just as they’re intended. if it wasn’t for needed motion control to play skyward sword, super mario bros wii, etc. then I’d probably just try and use the wired controller for both systems. Gotta have my waggle tho.

hope this helps. I’ve just bumbled through all of this bullshit so hit me up if you have other questions.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

should work fine. my sensor bar isn’t connected to my computer at all so there’s no interface stuff to worry about.

oh! everything i read online said to use an actual nintendo brand wiimote. apparently dolphin doesn’t like some third party ones. dunno how common problems are tho.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gonna sneak in some zelda before work :twisted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

but first i need to fuel up (yogurt and granola)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yo gently caress that blue flame quest in Akkala. I feel like the idea was for players to do something else in-game while it rains but I just aren’t wired like that.

i recently did that one too. kind of a pain in the butt but i just put on my sneaky suit and ran away from every threat or obstacle which is also what i do irl.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i met kilton the other day. when he thought i was suggesting that i liked monsters more than he did and acted like he was gonna jump the counter and kick my rear end i busted up laughing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

I somehow got all the way through but it’s been so long I genuinely don’t remember how lol

mankind shouldn’t have such skill so it’s probably for the best.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i heard there’s a 121st shrine underneath a truck in hateno village.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s where you get the shrek armor

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hookshot is always welcome in my home

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

doesn’t even have to be longshot. no pressure here.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

extremebuff posted:

if you pick "I love monsters!" he immediately screams "I LOVE MONSTERS MORE THAN YOU!" and slams both fists on the table and its one of the few times a game has made my stomach hurt from laughing

lol, that’s exactly what i was referring too. it was very funny.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

did one of the major test of strength shrines. i’d like to thank nintendo for making it possible to clear such challenges via buffs and op weapons because I’m absolute dogshit at combat.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

you will learn to be good through the trial of the sword.

Oh fuk :ohdear:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Love the one island that strips you of all your poo poo and makes you beat it on pure skill alone.

tried that one once so far. was pretty fun but i also had my rear end handed to me. Such is life.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

don’t wake daddy: botw edition

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Food Boner posted:

Can you get in any big barrel or just the one in the yoga hideout?

there’s one on the great plateau too, by the cabin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

there’s also one in my heart, where i hide my true feelings.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i think i need to do that too because whenever i try to aim my bow I’m definitely riding on the struggle bus.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i thought it was inhibiting me okay?!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Meloncholric posted:

looking forward to breath of the wild 2...

bigtime same. i still have so much left to do with botw 1 too. #Blessed.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

helped my son best the death mountain divine beast guy last night. All that’s left is the camel one. The yiga clan doesn’t realize the heap of poo poo they’re in right now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m gonna kill that rat bastard leader of theirs and throw his bloated corpse into a hole. I’m not even loving around right now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

kilton, my dude, you’re killing me w/ these prices. 4,000 mon for the vanity dark suit?! Come on.

i mean, i’m still gonna get it but yeesh…

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Muscle Tracer posted:

also armor upgrades!

This is my big thing, yeah.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’ve got two of the three ancient armor pieces. Gonna upgrade the bejesus out of them when the set is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Wonder if anything from a botw save will carry over to a new game in botw 2. Might be neat if so. Idk.