Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Windwaker was the first Zelda I finished and I loved everything about it. I still do! I even enjoyed the triforce piece hunting that reviewers hated. It was like playing a saturday morning cartoon. God drat what a good game

it's like the key hunt at the end of the metroid prime games, the whole point is inviting you to re-explore the world with your full arsenal.

there was the back-and-forth of finding the map -> translating -> fishing. the HD edition trimmed that down some and it feels perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even though wind waker has this cartoony style it has the scariest poo poo in any zelda game in it. the cyclones, the redeads, abruptly being pulled into a fight with a 10 story tall Squid monster out in the sea, it all absolutely terrified me as a kid.

i had to take big breaks from it to mentally prepare myself lol. getting the bow and taking over the cyclones for yourself, after they terrorized you for the first half of the game, is a huge triumphant moment. you've got the mastersword, the cyclones are yours, and you're off to forsaken fortress to kick some rear end. some incredible gaming

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Got to second temple, skyward sword is really fun so far and it’s a shame about the og release controls

i thought the controls were the only good part of the game but the Wiimote had all kinds of problems. if there was too much light in your room it'd gently caress up etc.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

skyward sword controls were fine it was the game part of it that sucked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the whole point of rain is to force you to play differently for a while but its just annoying, i hope they have a more interesting solution in botw2.

or just give rain more boons. cant climb or use fire but fishing is way better, new monsters that drop new stuff come out, etc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

she owns. the weird npcs in botw are the best.

i love the shopkeep that's too timid to be a shop keeper and needs a moment to collect herself before she talks to you lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

President Beep posted:

i met kilton the other day. when he thought i was suggesting that i liked monsters more than he did and acted like he was gonna jump the counter and kick my rear end i busted up laughing.

if you pick "I love monsters!" he immediately screams "I LOVE MONSTERS MORE THAN YOU!" and slams both fists on the table and its one of the few times a game has made my stomach hurt from laughing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I like trial of the sword. it was challenging but not insane.

its really great. doing it on mastermode is insane psychos only stuff though. all the enemies have quadruple regen HP but all the weapons are the same lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love all the dlc stuff they added, except mastermode.

i was excited for it to feel like a botw romhack when I saw a lynel on the great plateau, but outside that they just tripled enemy health and added floating platforms with archers here and there. regenerating enemy hp is so hosed up too