Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bring back the weird thing from Twilight Princess where if you cast your fishing line in the final battle, Ganondorf would lower his guard to stare at it like a doofus and you could quickly attack him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Food Boner posted:

Got to the lastish floor on sword trials and they make me fight a lynel I can barely beat those things with an inventory full of foods

They give you the instant kill arrows throughout the trials for a reason lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

there were a couple that were really badly balanced for master mode especially, one with a bunch of... silver lizalfos? Floor 10. It was cool to come up with a way to beat it but man that was not intended to be as hard as it was

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Food Boner posted:

wait do ancient arrows one shot anything 🤯
Anything apart from bosses yeah, guardians need to be hit in the eye but that's it. You don't get any loot but who cares

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

master mode suck balls

the regenerating health on enemies is staggeringly r-worded

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

President Beep posted:

gently caress this.
it's awful, they start gaining health back about 5-10 seconds after you last hit them. I was hoping it was going to be a sort of desperate survival experience where you really have to rely on physics tricks, traps, ambushes etc to beat a lot of enemies but instead literally the only viable option (other than knocking stuff off cliffs) is face to face fighting lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

President Beep posted:

when beast ganon is almost dead I couldn’t figure out how to kill him and then ended up dying. In retrospect i think i need to sword plunge onto his back
oh that part is really dumb and annoying, but no, it's something far less satisfying than that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

Link Between Worlds is goated.
I know the 3DS did really well but LBW feels like it was overlooked. It's almost a shame that it was one of the few titles to use the 3D really well because otherwise it would be perfect on Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think I've finished all the 3D ones and most of the 2D ones but for some reason I always get bored and peter out about halfway through OoT. Might make a concentrated effort to play through it soon