Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been playing BotW recently, just rediscovering everything. Sucks that there isnt really any way to play OoT or MM on the switch, because I never gave them a fair shake in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Food Boner posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:stare:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yo gently caress that blue flame quest in Akkala. I feel like the idea was for players to do something else in-game while it rains but I just aren’t wired like that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress the trial of the sword, imo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I simply picked up boxes and beat everything to death with it, including the cyclops

I just did this island and didn’t even bother fighting that guy. Just glided down onto his chest in my underpants and ran away with the ball. It’s not gay to do that btw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fiend Matador posted:

During that mission I figured out that when Hinoxes sleep you can sneak onto their hand and theyll drop you right next to their whole necklace of loot when they use that hand to scratch their stomachs. Not really necessary to do that any other time since obliterating them with your giant weapon stash is usually easier anyway, but it was a neat little touch

:stare: This game ftw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

copy posted:

botw has so much emergent behavior. it's like the dwarf fortress of zelda games. See a dog? drop meat in front of him and now he loves you. start prairer fires and use your leaf to blow them into monster skull forts. Cut trees down to kill monsters in tragic forestry accidents. I hope they expand on that and also let whoever made hyrule castle make more for-real dungeons in the sequel.

That stuff is cool but I hardly ever do it because I get killed trying to set it up or it barely does damage to the high level enemies.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there any other serious uses for monster parts aside from selling to Kilton? I guess I sell a bunch for rupees at the beginning of the game...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just did all the master trials for the first time. Last time I only did the first one because I thought the prize wasn’t that good for how hard it was. It still isn’t a good prize but it felt good to do the extended challenges. There should be more stuff like this in the overworld of the next game because scrounging ftw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One thing I dont like about Hyrule castle is that there is such epic confrontational music/atmosphere but the game directs you there to do poo poo like find cookbooks. No, I'm not here to fight Ganon, fulfill my destiny and save the caked up princess, I am here to get some 100 year old clothes to show some guy I met at the horse stables.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress fishing. The last thing I want when I'm looking for materials is having to play a dumbass minigame. Throw a bomb in the water and move on

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

You should be able to do both or either

I think its fine in other kinds of zelda games, but I can see why they dont have it in botw. Its rdr2 busywork poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like fishing minigames, but it would be so out of place in botw lol. Like what tools do you even have that are like fishing rods, aside from the runes (which were made to help you figght/get ready for Ganon) and the weapons you pick up. Just loling at getting into a whole dumb fishing sidequest and upgrading otherwise useless rods so you can get 100 rupees from thimble dick the stable hand.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Im glad that the professionals at Nintendo are in charge of making the Games smdh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Its a sippery slope from "BotW needs a fishing minigame" to doing the soyjack pointing at epona's weather sensitive horse clit.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

the first trials were the hardest just because of how poo poo the weapons were. I only almost failed the last one because I wasted too many arrows on the first flying guardian because i didnt know how to kill them except risking it all doing parries.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The ones where you’re floating around in your underpants with no weapons trying to kill bokoblins firing bomb arrows ftw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

master mode suck balls

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve been doing that on my second run. Actually got all the shrines this time and upgraded the Master Sword. Am doing the Champions Ballad now and will probably use the cycle to get as much korok as I can stomach and farm the rest of the weapons parts I need before. Then I’ll finally watch all the memories once more in canonical order and kill Ganon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finally ready to fight Ganon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Food Boner posted:

drat whats ur stamina

Full. I got all the shrines.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Watched all the memories, now invading the castle and absolutely clowning in Ganon’s minions.

You can ride the master cycle around outside too which is cool. Such a great reward in a video game, if not the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

botw is the first zelda game I’ve ever beaten :kiddo:

Same. I’ve tried the old ones at various times but something else usually grabs my attention before I get anywhere. Just don’t have any nostalgia fuelling me. I actually almost beat OoT once but I got caught up doing some obstacle course in the Gerudo town never turned it on again.