Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Saw the 5 episodes out currently. Boy, they really need to start making one of the Spade brothers more likeable already; Ace is nigh irredeemable at the moment and Jack is still an arrogant despot in and out of the ring.

Also, what's with the treatment of women in wrestling on this show? Even in some backyard promotion in the middle of bumfuck nowhere you'd see female wrestlers doing cool poo poo--this isn't the '80s/'90s/'00s anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Six episodes in and I think I'm done with this show.

Its anachronistic depiction of women in wrestling and its callous mistreatment of Crystal combined with its empathetic treatment of garbage rear end dudes like the Spade brothers is some weird enabling of toxic masculinity, man.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Not forgetting aside from blaming Crystal for Ace's behaviour, the show also revealed Willie is to be blamed for Wild Bill being a piece of poo poo. Lmao wtf is this show.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lol I tried continuing with episode 7 and lol, the villainous wrestling promotion on this show is the one that wants to treat women better and Crystal is shown grovelling at Jack about how wrong she was and how great it was that Jack gave her the opportunity.