Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sticklefifer posted:

Sting was already in that scene. Real Estate Steve was in full effect.
Real Estate Steve, Sting, Stink, Fake Sting, and Jumpin Jack Farmer

e: Throw in Danhausen for extra confusion

e2: Please pitch 2.0 capturing Danhausen on BTE thinking it's sting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I mean, throw in Danhausen anyway.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
So coming down the road

Miro the Redeemer vs Malakai Black?
Gods Favourite vs the Devils Own.
Theming seems pretty on point.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Is Robyn Renegade that girl who's on Sammy's vlog sometimes?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

mooseinfants posted:

Is Robyn Renegade that girl who's on Sammy's vlog sometimes?

Yeah, she's Alan V Angel's SO

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
she scares the poo poo out of me

but i'm turned on

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Crazy how much I look forward to wednesday now. Not since I was a kid switching channels from WCW to WWF was I this hyped.

BURN THE FUSE FASTER GODDAMNIT

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Quotey Rhodes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HidaO-Win posted:

So coming down the road

Miro the Redeemer vs Malakai Black?
Gods Favourite vs the Devils Own.
Theming seems pretty on point.

I guess but eventually Malakai is gonna have to stop squashing people and start having real matches.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This is one of my favorite headlines

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
anyone heard any news re: fuses and booms

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Seams posted:

the fuse is getting shorter, but not fast enough.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Seams posted:

Yeah, and now my power is out

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Orange Carlisle posted:

This is one of my favorite headlines
I love how this relationship went from Britt kind of bullying Tony on screen for heat into a legitimate off-screen friendship where Tony left commentary to be the first person to congratulate her on her women's championship win.

Schiavone is a gem.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

I love how this relationship went from Britt kind of bullying Tony on screen for heat into a legitimate off-screen friendship where Tony left commentary to be the first person to congratulate her on her women's championship win.

Schiavone is a gem.

I hope he enjoys working in AEW for a long, long time

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope he enjoys working in AEW for a long, long time

Tony will never be my favourite announcer but I really do enjoy the AEW announcing, there's definitely a sense of playfulness in the booth so even screw ups can be charming.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Tony is such a joy. Such a lovable dork.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tony is basically a heel colour guy except his flagrant bias is for the babyfaces

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think it makes me happy to see Schiavone because I realize that there really was a time where if you weren't with Vince it was easy to feel like wrestling just left you behind. And for me, a lot of my experience learning about wrestling including WCW was through the lens of THAT'LL PUT BUTTS IN SEATS and Goldberg being tasered and all that. Turns out Tony never stopped loving wrestling. He just needed the right spot.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's also great that pretty much the entire roster shows him love and respect

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tony was given a delicious burger by his friends, then Nyla Rose took that burger away. That should tell you everything you need to know.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Tony is basically a heel colour guy except his flagrant bias is for the babyfaces

gently caress Vince for making us forget that's how it's supposed to be

heel commentating sucks (unless you're super funny and good at it)

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
At the Charlotte show I was one of the only people to give Tony a standing ovation when he was introduced and I’m not ashamed about it. I love Tony.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

Tony so clearly having amazing and fun friendships with so many of the talent is awesome, I didn't grow up watching wrestling so I don't have WCW nostalgia, but I instantly adored the guy.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Tony’s absolute disgust at MJF and the bloodlust that overwhelms him when MJF is getting his rear end kicked is just :kimchi:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

I think it makes me happy to see Schiavone because I realize that there really was a time where if you weren't with Vince it was easy to feel like wrestling just left you behind. And for me, a lot of my experience learning about wrestling including WCW was through the lens of THAT'LL PUT BUTTS IN SEATS and Goldberg being tasered and all that. Turns out Tony never stopped loving wrestling. He just needed the right spot.
For a long time he ended up just working at a starbucks as a normal guy, then slowly got back into sports broadcasting, then got back into wrestling broadcasting, then he hit AEW where I think his love for Pro Wrestling got re-ignited just like when he was a young guy.

Ross can be grumpy or uninterested sometimes but when he's into a program you can absolutely tell that he's completely invested in a way that he hadn't since the early 00's.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fez_machine posted:

gently caress Vince for making us forget that's how it's supposed to be

heel commentating sucks (unless you're super funny and good at it)
I really like how AEW will have like MJF join the desk for one match. Having an obnoxious dick on commentary for a reason, for one segment, is really good. Having them there making GBS threads over everything just for the hell of it absolutely sucks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

I really like how AEW will have like MJF join the desk for one match. Having an obnoxious dick on commentary for a reason, for one segment, is really good. Having them there making GBS threads over everything just for the hell of it absolutely sucks

Eddie was so good at stirring poo poo up on the desk. I kinda miss heel Eddie sometimes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Heel Eddie and heel Jericho were both great. Jericho is fantastic at putting a guy over huge while ostensibly burying him

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Real Estate Steve vs Big Money Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3976119

Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3976147

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 12, 2021