Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I missed the segment where Page split from the Dark Order and legit thought Uno and Grayson had turned on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I will say I'm not a huge fan of that second Hangman segment, mainly because 'give our pal space to sort his head out' is not the same as 'let our friend get the poo poo kicked out of him'. Like... that's being bad friends, Uno/Stu.

In wrestling internal turmoil is solved through exterior violence.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shayna Baszler posted:

i cant believe cody is dead

No worries, chemical romance Cody will return.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DLC Inc posted:

Miro and Malakai were put over insanely strong and they both look loving incredible. Insane that they were just tossed aside.

Hey I'm sure if Black was still in WWE he woulda gotten a distraction rollup win against Big E by now and they'd be on their 7th match.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Max Coveri posted:

I missed the segment where Page split from the Dark Order and legit thought Uno and Grayson had turned on him

Or did they

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1423103343577141252

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I will say I'm not a huge fan of that second Hangman segment, mainly because 'give our pal space to sort his head out' is not the same as 'let our friend get the poo poo kicked out of him'. Like... that's being bad friends, Uno/Stu.

sometimes you cant tell somebody poo poo, they just have to work it out for themselves

it seems like over the top wrestling bullshit to most people, but that was the realest thing on the whole show

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I'm still blown away by who shows up in this company even after all this time. Juvi, Gage, Sting, Kingston, Miro, Malakai, Andrade, Chavo just ahhhhh i love this company.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

over a million people gonna see a TNA title match, that hasn't happened in a while

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I am amused that Cody let himself basically be squashed... and then made himself the focus for the last 10 minutes of the show. It's either genius, hubris or maybe both.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'm stuck on that my custom text now is someone applying a sarcastic Community quote to make fun of them to me. Its beautiful.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love the storytelling in this Hangman/DO/Elite stuff. When Adam tried, repeatedly, to leave the Elite they told him no. Not only no, but gently caress off and know your place.

He tells DO he needs some space and they respect his wishes - and everything it entails.

Kaz is just a chaos entity.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
have a feeling that Cody can't be done until Malakai says so and he's going to terrorize the Nightmare Family awhile and maybe take a protégé

thought honestly after that intro he can go into whatever the hell he wants

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Huntman posted:

I'm still blown away by who shows up in this company even after all this time. Juvi, Gage, Sting, Kingston, Miro, Malakai, Andrade, Chavo just ahhhhh i love this company.

no Goldberg tho

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I am amused that Cody let himself basically be squashed... and then made himself the focus for the last 10 minutes of the show. It's either genius, hubris or maybe both.

It's fine because the crowd loved it. This isn't him taking someones time or spot. The audience was eating this poo poo up.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Gaz-L posted:

I get the feeling they're going to do the full story line they planned between Cody and Brodie but were never able to finish.

It's a nice tribute to the man.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

no Goldberg tho

they'll make up for it in 2023 when Goldberg's kid faces off against HOOK in the Double or Nothing main event

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Imagine how gratifying that must be for Tommy. On the shelf for so long and then the new company immediately makes you look like an absolute beast

People get heated about Cody winning the little feuds like the thing with QT, but without that it wouldn’t mean so much when he gets completely trucked

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Only caught about half of this again, may go over the rest on DVR. But it looks like they're continuing to do things good.

They're turning the Dark Order's loss into another obstacle on Hangman's weird Hero's Journey, testing his character- and making sure that yeah, Kenny's still in his sights, it'll just take a little bit longer. They probably shouldn't draw this out too much but so far it's working?

Leyla Hirsch being a tiny monster continues to rule and I want to see her vs. Kamille, if it's gonna be on an NWA show I guess I better find out how to watch it.

And yeah, they instantly made Malakai Black look like a fuckin' beast. And I LOVED Cody's concussed promo. That's the way to do a fake-out retirement. (Well apart from wearing a salmon suit.)

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
This happened after the show went off air.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1423105570521890821

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Gaz-L posted:

cody is the funniest person in wrestling

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I like to think Uno is smart enough to know saving Hangman there would only make him resent it and leaving him alone would maybe get him to go "Wow this was a stupid idea"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shayna Baszler posted:

i cant believe cody is dead

And unfortunately for him You Only Live Twice.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Huntman posted:

they'll make up for it in 2023 when Goldberg's kid faces off against HOOK in the Double or Nothing main event

I pictured Dominic trying out for AEW and he just.... fails the tryout outright.

"Sorry you weren't good enough"

Dominic: haha funny, so when am I debuting on tv?

"........"

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

the crowd, and me, just want to see Malachi kick Cody in the face 100 times in a row. Any talking Cody does just serves to build tension, leaving me on the edge of my seat anticipating the next time Cody gets kicked in the face

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cody delivered a promo but the whole purpose of that match and segment was to put black over. this forum can be so weird about cody lol

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Stealth Tiger posted:

the crowd, and me, just want to see Malachi kick Cody in the face 100 times in a row. Any talking Cody does just serves to build tension, leaving me on the edge of my seat anticipating the next time Cody gets kicked in the face

And then instead of kicking him in the face, SWERVE, they hit him in the back with a crutch instead

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

boxcarhobo posted:

sometimes you cant tell somebody poo poo, they just have to work it out for themselves

it seems like over the top wrestling bullshit to most people, but that was the realest thing on the whole show

The subtle part of that segment was probably that Adam only threw the punch instead of communicating anything productively because he was a bit sloshed and that's part of his fatal flaw, the pain and shame of failing even against stacked odds causing him to retreat into coping instead of processing his disappointment and moving on, whenever he loses he thinks there has to be this big explanation and dramatic shift in his life that upends everybody and his relationships instead of just taking it on faith that he's allowed to fail and then try again

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I mean who needs just 1 boot, might as well give to a fan

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Seams posted:

cody delivered a promo but the whole purpose of that match and segment was to put black over. this forum can be so weird about cody lol

Cody tried to steal Malakai's pop so Malakai had to take it back.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man I really can't wait for Andrade/Tommy/Miro/PAC to get into some really batshit matches. Really praying for a big moment in a battle royale or something where Andrade and Tommy come face to face. Already stoked af for PAC v. Andrade.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

smarxist posted:

have a feeling that Cody can't be done until Malakai says so and he's going to terrorize the Nightmare Family awhile and maybe take a protégé

thought honestly after that intro he can go into whatever the hell he wants

The only thing that can stop him is a fire, as hot and bright as the sun!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cody is great. Without Cody I wouldn't have AEW - period. AND he has never shot himself to the top or put himself over into a position he hasn't earned. I will always rep Cody.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Malakai Black gonna do a shooie out of Cody's boot live in Rampage.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gaz-L posted:

Cody is the Kanye of wrestling

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Shard posted:

Kaz is just a chaos entity.

Kaz is a hoonter.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Shard posted:

Cody is great. Without Cody I wouldn't have AEW - period. AND he has never shot himself to the top or put himself over into a position he hasn't earned. I will always rep Cody.

Same, but he could gently caress off with that ladder match spot where he got helped to the back then had picture-in-pictures of him being in pain in the back then heroically returning at the end. Still, overall, I try not to get mad at cody over every drama segment.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Malakai Black gonna do a shooie out of Cody's boot live in Rampage.

he's dutch, not australian

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think this show in its short life has surpassed my enjoyment levels of wrestling shows from when I was a kid - or any other time in my life. What a time to be a fan of wrestling

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i got a full screenshot fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is the pseudo HHH poo poo I like about Cody. He got his poo poo kicked in, rambled incoherently, then got wrecked again. He got all melodramatic, gave a wink to dirt sheets stuff like the EVP drama, and is showing all signs of retiring. The difference is that he lost definitively. Something Trips hates doing for anyone.

Edit: the Ogogo stuff didn't feel tongue in cheek, for a comparison