Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Gaz-L posted:

I will say I'm not a huge fan of that second Hangman segment, mainly because 'give our pal space to sort his head out' is not the same as 'let our friend get the poo poo kicked out of him'. Like... that's being bad friends, Uno/Stu.

I can kinda see it? If they intervened, Hangman would never know if he could face the Elite on his own. By letting him take his lump like a man, they're trusting in his agency and respecting his choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
ARE YOU THE REAL STING?

I am speechless. What a night.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
i usually hate cody because i think all his segments are bad but this one is good and i'm unfortunately extremely delighted by the on the nose poo poo with the boots.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gently caress u mike

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
so loving much happened in this dynamite and all of it owned

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

graph posted:

i got a full screenshot fwiw

well done goon

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Again, everything Cody does in AEW is pure southern-fried old-school wrasslin', where he's the shining babyface and he always wins big or loses big, and there's always melodrama and shenanigans (even if the win or loss itself is clean.) You just sort of have to give in to how over the top it is. (And thankfully here he used that to put Black over HUGE.)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the lads

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hangman revolutionizing wrestling by remembering man vs. self is a type of story.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Cody rules and he's built more than enough of the product to have dorky indulgent segments and overbooked shlock where he and QT suplex roll each other around for 3 minutes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cody has a Black wife, and an enemy named Black, who happens to live in a Black house.

Cody is moving to the White House on August 23rd confirmed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
- The Jericho match eventually got there. I have no idea what this 4th Labor is. Why feed Wardlow to Jericho? What a come down after Nick Gage and Juventud Guerrera. I think I'm ready for this feud to just end.
- Trios match ruled. Happy to see 2.0 and Garcia get such a showcase. Eddie Kingston just shamelessly marking to be in there with Sting was heartwarming.
- Really high on Lee Johnson. He worked really hard in that match with Miro and got over and it was pretty good. I loved it.
- Leyla/Bunny was also pretty dang good for their level of skill/experience.

And finally Black just obliterating Cody and then also beating him up for doing the Triple H SummerSlam fake retirement was amazing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Cody has a Black wife, and an enemy named Black, who happens to live in a Black house.

Cody is moving to the White House on August 23rd confirmed.

Now listen up, here's a story, about a little guy...

bartok
May 10, 2006

Why can't I vote for God's Chosen Champion vs. Lee Johnson?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Cavauro posted:

gently caress u mike

debate him, you have no idea what his wife and he has been through

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You know what's amazing? CM Punk is showing up and everyone knows it, but there were no CM Punk chants.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SonicRulez posted:

- The Jericho match eventually got there. I have no idea what this 4th Labor is. Why feed Wardlow to Jericho? What a come down after Nick Gage and Juventud Guerrera. I think I'm ready for this feud to just end.
- Trios match ruled. Happy to see 2.0 and Garcia get such a showcase. Eddie Kingston just shamelessly marking to be in there with Sting was heartwarming.
- Really high on Lee Johnson. He worked really hard in that match with Miro and got over and it was pretty good. I loved it.
- Leyla/Bunny was also pretty dang good for their level of skill/experience.

And finally Black just obliterating Cody and then also beating him up for doing the Triple H SummerSlam fake retirement was amazing.

How did you not know it'd be Wardlow? That's like being surprised Goro shows up before you fight Shang Tsung

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

Cody rules and he's built more than enough of the product to have dorky indulgent segments and overbooked shlock where he and QT suplex roll each other around for 3 minutes

I like that he has the self-awareness to just have his segment of AEW where he does his thing and the rest of AEW gets to be different.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pylons posted:

You know what's amazing? CM Punk is showing up and everyone knows it, but there were no CM Punk chants.

ngl, i was waaaaaay too distracted by all the other awesome stuff going on, I haven't thought about CM Punk or Daniel Bryan once all night.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Y’know I wasn’t sure about this Three Men and A Baby reboot but this cast shot has me reconsidering

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I want to believe that Kurtz shoutout in the first post is real.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

So how can I watch this Leyla title shot?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Why can I not vote for God's favorite champion in the MotN poll

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blaise330 posted:

ngl, i was waaaaaay too distracted by all the other awesome stuff going on, I haven't thought about CM Punk or Daniel Bryan once all night.

for real, a good observation

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

TV Zombie posted:

I want to believe that Kurtz shoutout in the first post is real.

it is i got a ss too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why has red velvet been shrinking

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why has red velvet been shrinking

shes always been small

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

kitten emergency posted:

the second worst use of :10bux: for someone here

lol

Miro was the match of the night but was shamefully left off the poll so I voted for Black literally kicking Cody's head off his neck. Episode ruled.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blaise330 posted:

I briefly thought about it when I saw there was 7 minutes left in the show at the end and figured some big debut would stop Cody from retiring. That's about it though!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hate to say it, but Cody is the best wrestler in N. America right now. He's such an extra dork and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure that shines through.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Dimebags Brain posted:

I hate to say it, but Cody is the best wrestler in N. America right now. He's such an extra dork and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure that shines through.

don't hate it brother, let us say it together.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

he has haters because he's too real for modern society

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Blaise330 posted:

How did you not know it'd be Wardlow? That's like being surprised Goro shows up before you fight Shang Tsung

I mean I thought it was just gonna be The Pinnacle at first, but once they went to Gage and Juventud, part of me hoped they might just stay weird with it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Extra dorks make for amazing wrestling. Just look at Kenny Omega’s last year.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I thought Cody's promo was a little weird but the payoff more than redeemed it.

Show owned!

Miro forgives you for leaving him off of the poll

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
the elite should come out as the sesame streelite next week

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Maxwell Lord posted:

They're turning the Dark Order's loss into another obstacle on Hangman's weird Hero's Journey, testing his character- and making sure that yeah, Kenny's still in his sights, it'll just take a little bit longer. They probably shouldn't draw this out too much but so far it's working?
I agree that they shouldn't draw this out, but I feel doing it right now would be jumping the gun. Sting/Hogan had a two-and-a-half-year build and it was the biggest non-Wrestlemania buyrate ever at the time.

I don't hate Kenny enough yet. I want to be absolutely gagging for him to lose that belt when Hangman takes it. Give me another year of The Elite being insufferable as Hangman stops drinking his way through his problems, puts on his big boy pants, saddles up, and makes himself legendary.

It's too soon. We're only nearing the midpoint of this story.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Again, everything Cody does in AEW is pure southern-fried old-school wrasslin', where he's the shining babyface and he always wins big or loses big, and there's always melodrama and shenanigans (even if the win or loss itself is clean.) You just sort of have to give in to how over the top it is. (And thankfully here he used that to put Black over HUGE.)
:hmmyes:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So why the hell does Rampage have a four man commentary team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that trios match was very good. this was a good dynamite.